lawlietorochi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi guys, I'm going to be straight up I want a specific enemy and only he has weakness to a battle consumable item.

For example: I want when I use the salt item on the "slug" enemy it dies immediately, but the "rat" enemy totally ignores it.

Any idea? I tried to do it by status by creating the status "salty" and making the rat ignore this status, however the "slug" doesn't die from HK I need to hit it one time more.

If I put direct damage on the item the "rat" enemy will also take that damage.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apply a unique status on that enemy from the troops menu at the start of the encounter. Have the item apply a different unique status and have it call a common event. In the common event, make conditional branches for all 8 enemies that first check if the enemy is inflicted with the status from the item, and then whether they have the status on them that should be applied at the start of battle, only on enemies that should be affected by the item. If both conditions are met, inflict Death on that enemy.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I put direct damage on the item the "rat" enemy will also take that damage.
almost correct.
you need to make that damage have a new element that is unique to that attack, and then all those enemies that are supposed to be imune to that attack needs an elemental damage rate 0% for that damage element.

So the element might be "salt" and the rat would have "salt damage 0%" as a trait.

lawlietorochi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Apply a unique status on that enemy from the troops menu at the start of the encounter. Have the item apply a different unique status and have it call a common event. In the common event, make conditional branches for all 8 enemies that first check if the enemy is inflicted with the status from the item, and then whether they have the status on them that should be applied at the start of battle, only on enemies that should be affected by the item. If both conditions are met, inflict Death on that enemy.
Thanks my friend, it worked perfectly ♥

lawlietorochi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
almost correct.
you need to make that damage have a new element that is unique to that attack, and then all those enemies that are supposed to be imune to that attack needs an elemental damage rate 0% for that damage element.

So the element might be "salt" and the rat would have "salt damage 0%" as a trait.

I considered this possibility, however I use the Visustella plugin that improves the character's profile page and this "new element" would appear if I created it, it would defeat the purpose of what I needed which is something more "easter egg".

Edit: Another detail is also that this opens up a margin for errors if I forget to put resistance on other enemies.

The other comrade's step by step worked perfectly. Thank you for your idea too ♥

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to MZ Support. Thank you.

@lawlietorochi , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I considered this possibility, however I use the Visustella plugin that improves the character's profile page and this "new element" would appear if I created it, it would defeat the purpose of what I needed which is something more "easter egg".
There's an "excluded elements" list setting in the visustella plugin(to hide specific elements from the status menus) in case you or anyone else wishes to explore this option.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Elements seems a bit hackish. You could try this instead:

1. Put a <Slug> note tag on any slug enemies you have
2. Put, in the item's damage formula, the following:
Code:
c = b.isEnemy() ? b.enemy() : b.actor(); c.meta.Slug ? 9999 : 0
Should do 9999 damage to any slug enemies (set the 9999 to whatever damage formula you want to use) and 0 damage to anything else.

Note that <Slug> is case sensitive. No plugins required.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Elements seems a bit hackish. You could try this instead:

1. Put a <Slug> note tag on any slug enemies you have
2. Put, in the item's damage formula, the following:
Code:
c = b.isEnemy() ? b.enemy() : b.actor(); c.meta.Slug ? 9999 : 0
Should do 9999 damage to any slug enemies (set the 9999 to whatever damage formula you want to use) and 0 damage to anything else.

Note that <Slug> is case sensitive. No plugins required.
Nice, I use something like this.
just as a suggestion(to the OP)
Default Max HP can go up to 999999.
so just to be safe, use:
c = b.isEnemy() ? b.enemy() : b.actor(); c.meta.Slug ? b.hp: 0
Change Variance to 0%, as to inflict exactly the amount of HP the target has.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ready to fall into another development hell...
Mega has been giving me a lot of problems as of late, so I think I'll need to switch to another cloud service. I'm considering Dropbox.
Rough week, but in the end there's light in the darkness.
Mental health is an issue I wish was taken more seriously.
Take care.
1638421271905.jpeg
By the power of timezones! This picture shall still be posted on december 1st!!!
7xI2Gc2.jpg

This is not something I'd ever even considered but wow! What a way to use music in a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgjtjtjt