LPMalakye

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello,
It has been some time since I last used RPGM (Release of RMXP) I recently rejoined after the steam sales but after seeing the later RPGM releases I am kind of confused. I am sure its because I know little to nothing about the engines but why does it look like the graphical systems took a major hit. Models only run 3 frames of animation, more 8 bit looking, assets are being charged for now!? I mean really what has changed for the better since RMXP? If someone could possibly link or fill me in. Id appreciate it.
Also if there is anything I should know before walking into this engine lol, if I should stick with an older engine or stay up to date?

Thank you for your time and responses

watermark

Playing around with MZ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well...I'm sure everyone has different tastes regarding what's good looking. So let's not argue about that.

But I think generally the new engines are much better. While the core engines didn't add that many features since XP, the community really took them (MV/MZ) to another level with plug-ins. There's fantastic plug-ins out there that makes the new RMs super awesome!

Assets should be charged because there's a lot more of it than XP. You already get a great deal out of the box to work with, but I think it's fair to pay for additional assets. Like if I wasn't making a scifi game I wouldn't need to buy futuristic stuff. We need to support artists. Cause it can be tough being an artist. :p

I would recommend updating to the new ones.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A woman gave me her number without me even asking for it. Then she left because she had other patients to see.
oh, hey, I forgot about all this!

my old project got abandoned after I started working too much on stuff I'd already worked on - plus, starting to hate the story I wrote for it. Then, well, a lot of serious life **** went down. I ended up moving across the country, cutting off some people, etc. - **** was rough.

So, uh, I guess I'm back for now? Funny how things work.
I'm glad I'm sticking to my guns on having fighting game mechanics in my game, from what I've read, it's not for everyone. but for the most part, I've made it so you don't have to use them motion inputs for attacks if you don't want to.
And my project's just entered the Lunar New Year Sale 2022... Let's see if it reaches it's goal of $ 7,77.
Ohmygoodness I played Dicey Dungeons for the first time last night. Gave me SO MANY IDEAS for how to fix Heidi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An_Idiot_Person