LPMalakye

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello,
It has been some time since I last used RPGM (Release of RMXP) I recently rejoined after the steam sales but after seeing the later RPGM releases I am kind of confused. I am sure its because I know little to nothing about the engines but why does it look like the graphical systems took a major hit. Models only run 3 frames of animation, more 8 bit looking, assets are being charged for now!? I mean really what has changed for the better since RMXP? If someone could possibly link or fill me in. Id appreciate it.
Also if there is anything I should know before walking into this engine lol, if I should stick with an older engine or stay up to date?

Thank you for your time and responses

watermark

Playing around with MZ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well...I'm sure everyone has different tastes regarding what's good looking. So let's not argue about that.

But I think generally the new engines are much better. While the core engines didn't add that many features since XP, the community really took them (MV/MZ) to another level with plug-ins. There's fantastic plug-ins out there that makes the new RMs super awesome!

Assets should be charged because there's a lot more of it than XP. You already get a great deal out of the box to work with, but I think it's fair to pay for additional assets. Like if I wasn't making a scifi game I wouldn't need to buy futuristic stuff. We need to support artists. Cause it can be tough being an artist. :p

I would recommend updating to the new ones.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Went to the doctor because I was actually sick and it was covered over with healthy people from a factory shift who all had to get negative covid tests to go back to work because one of their shift mates got it. Waited for several hours to find out that my low-grade fever, chills, light-headedness and fatigue were in fact covid...
And here I thought I've lost my music sense. Good exercise once in a while
Made Edits to a Character Art from 'Hibiki Katakura MV Monsters' (DLC), to Look More like One of My Own Characters. :LZScheeze:

Decided to retake an old concept I was working on long ago, first change I decided to tackle on right away is the sprites. Never been fan of the default chibis, so I edited it a bit... :kaoswt:
8YavqRj.png

Not sure if this will be the final take, but I like it more than the regular one.
Need a few testers for my new plugin, any takers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SrChips310