Diego2112

The Gaming Gamer Who Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey there, hi there, ho there, how the heck are ya?
It's Xenos here, doing the semi-annual-every-other-year check-in thing I seem to do with most forums these days. I would say "Yeah, I'm happy to be back and you can look for more stuff from me in the near future!" but that would be nothing but a lie. I hope to be back, and I hope you can look for stuff from me in the future. But life has a funny way of taking all your plans, and dashing them like a Scooby Snack on the Jagged Teeth of Reality.

Anyway, I'm back (for now), I've got MV, I've got some resource packs (quite a few, actually) and I've got some ideas (some have been funking around in the back of my brain for a few years).

What I don't have are: Programming ability, art ability, time, spelling/grammar ability, or the ability to focus on anything for more than a few days before my ADHD and ASD throw the idea under the bus and decide it'd be far more fun to play a game than make one.

The bright spot? My daughter has a copy of VX Ace now, and she's loving it. So I'm dusting off the old school books (yes, I actually ended up in school for game development at one point), and giving her some pointers, and might even show her a thing or two about basic global variables and triggers. That said, she's 10, so how well that'll stick... Anyone's guess.

Main thing though is time. I now work 15 hour days, 5-6 days a week. That's a long bleeding shift. The upshot? I've got some spare dosh, and can actually afford to buy the occasional resource pack, and might even be able to have some custom tiles made (since again, I DO NOT ART worth a dayum), if I can ever get even a proof of concept game done. But yeah, long nights, impossible odds, keeping my back to the wall, as it were.

Anyway, you can tell I'm me because of the rambling incoherent nature of the post!

Hopefully, I'll be around more. Maybe. Dunno.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well welcome (back?) and hopefully have fun!
But life has a funny way of taking all your plans, and dashing them like a Scooby Snack on the Jagged Teeth of Reality.
Yup that's life :D

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everyone has their things. Have time to make a game would be miracle to some.

Diego2112

The Gaming Gamer Who Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Everyone has their things. Have time to make a game would be miracle to some.
Yeah, that pretty much sums up my life at this point... But hey! Who needs sleep, amirite? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Julian Brooks wrote on Hudell's profile.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Orange Mapshot plugin on Mac, but it isn't working. Could you assist? I'm attempting to do Parallax Mapping. Thanks.
I can't believe my dlc flopped that hard. It's depressing. I'm a fricking failure at being a musician.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcomscv