It's Pride Month!

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Touchfuzzy, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pride.png
    We here on the RPGMakerWeb Forums would like to wish everyone a Happy Pride Month, and to hope that everyone gets to feel comfortable being the person they are.

With the focus on Pride Month, and due to a certain incident, we've decided its time to clarify a bit on the rules of the forum in regard to Politics and Religion discussion. These rules are meant to keep the flame wars and hurt feelings to a minimum on the forum. They are not meant to prevent people from discussing core parts of their being.

Being LGBT+ isn't about politics. Those of us who are LGBT+ (myself included, the reason I'm pushing this out with my personal account rather than the generic RMW one) didn't ask for our existence to be politicized. I'd rather every LGBT+ person have all the rights they should have, and politics to never have to interfere with it.

As such, all discussion of LGBT+ issues that don't fall into discussing laws, politicians, etc specifically are not considered political by this forum. Everyone should feel comfortable being themselves on this forum, as long as that self doesn't harm anyone else. Being LGBT+ doesn't harm anyone.

This is a thread to celebrate the lives of sexual minorities among us, whether that be ourselves, family, friends, or even just people we look up to. Any other discussion in this thread will be deleted.

We hope that you all have a happy Pride Month, and we hope that we can all continue to feel welcome in the RPG Maker community.

CREDIT TO @Celeste-Ominous FOR THE WONDERFUL PRIDE FLAGS USED IN THE IMAGE GET THEM HERE: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/celeste-ominous-pride-flags.93408/

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  2. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And a happy pride month to you too :D
    And everyone else out there

3. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    As an LGBT+ member myself, I appreciate this thread!

Happy PRIDE~ Month my fellow peeps!

4. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Happy pride month! :D

5. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I saw the incident and I wanted to say that I really appreciated the way it was handled. I may not be LGBTQ+ myself but a lot of my closest friends are and seeing them be able to celebrate and have pride in who they are is really important to me. Happy Pride Month!

6. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Happy pride month!

Some of my friends arein the LGBTQ+ community, but they aren't very active in it. So yeah, none of them are really celebrating this month lol. For me they are just ordinary people, never really thought about their sexual orientation or their ethnicity (I'm from a very diverse place, so my friends and I are like a UN reunion lol).

7. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MushroomCake28 well if everyone would just feel like that we would't need pride month and just have a party ;)

8. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Finnuval Yeah, I know some place aren't that accepting. It's just that we're I'm from is so diverse, so growing up around whites (have to add that cause I grew up mostly with my asian family in an asian neighborhood lol), asians, blacks, arabs, jews, lgbtq+ was normal. People never really paid any attention to other people's skin color or orientation. I'm lucky to have grown up here, a truly "color blind/orientation blind" community. But because of that, I don't get why some people don't accept other cultures/orientation lol. Anyways, anything that supports the rights of the LGBTQ+ community, I'll always be in favor of!

9. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Everyone, Happy Pride Month and my birthday(Seriously, I manage to make this abou myself that is a meaningful day). :kaoluv:

Just side note for moderators, many people look for LGBTQ+ games. You might want to considerate create the section for this matter like https://itch.io.

10. Mrs_Allykat

Mrs_Allykat Failsauce Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As a proud parent of an adult LGBT+, I'de also like to wish everyone a

Happy Pride Month!

11. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    More sections means more moderation and opening it up for even more sections wanted for particular types of games. People can tag their posts appropriately which well help people find what they are looking for.

I think any more discussion on the matter should be in a separate thread so as not to detract from the purpose of this one.

12. Biestmann

Biestmann Heaven's Height Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've shared my thoughts on what happened and changes I personally would like to see with @Celianna, but this kind of gesture is a step in the right direction for sure. Here's to Pride Month everyone!

Studio Blue, Finnuval and mlogan like this.
  13. Mrs_Allykat

Mrs_Allykat Failsauce Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In 2017, the courts officially gave a posthumous pardon to Oscar Wilde, whom died in 1900. I am attaching his card from one of my games, and leave you with one of this famous playwright's quotes:

Oscar Wilde.png
    - Oscar Wilde
    - Oscar Wilde

May no one ever suffer as he did.

14. Hero_Claive

Hero_Claive (Phoenix Ember) Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Awesome to see people spreading the love here, especially as someone with a relative in the community. No idea what the incident was but I'm glad it brought people out to celebrate.

Happy Pride Month y'all! #LGBTQAlly

15. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @mlogan, you are right and thank you for a friendly reminder. I need to start a new thread to start a further discussion.:kaohi:
    (I knew the incident now.lol)
    I will do a survey let see what people say and you are right tags are a quick hyperlink(less work).:LZSwink:

Please continue the topic and everyone have a good day.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  16. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay. Back on topic, happy pride month everyone from me too.

17. OmnislashXX

OmnislashXX Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I never saw the incident in question, though I can probably safely assume that it's already been deleted.

I'll proudly reveal however that I like women.

mathmaster74 and Finnuval like this.
  18. mathmaster74

mathmaster74 just...John Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll second that, OmnislashXX. All the same, I accept pretty much everyone and anyone until I'm given repeated reasons not to by said individual. Being judgmental is just being short-sighted.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Also...Happy Pride Month! :MV1:

OmnislashXX, Mrs_Allykat and Finnuval like this.
  19. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Same @mathmaster74. In fact, in grad school my best friend was openly gay, and I told him that all I ask is he respect the fact that I'm not. It's all about respecting each other as people.

20. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Once I was flirted by a guy. I found it flattering actually. After all he found me attractive. Long story short I explained that I was heterosexual but my reaction wasn't dismissive or something. It was 2002 when that happened, still I had always a strong feeling of justice and respect for everyone.
    Then that person insisted flirting me and I started to feel uncomfortable. I kindly explained that he should respect the fact that I don't want to go further and that this becomes uncomfortable for me. He actually stopped.
    An LGBTQI+ friend I have, once asked me: "Would you feel uncomfortable or annoyed, if a pretty woman would do the same to you? Insist flirting with you for example, while you tell her that you are in a relationship or something."
    The answer surprised her, buy it was an honest yes. As long as someone does not respect me and the limits I set, I get annoyed.
    Thus we had a conversation and ended up summing it to a phrease:
    "Respect for the other is where things should start and end."
    WE must first never cross the line someone else has drawn. They got a reason for doing that. WE shall respect each other, because... if we don't, bad things happen. Generally speaking. But to be more specific, PRIDE also exists in memory of many victims. It is not only a celebration, it is also a protest. A very respectful one by me, actually.

Studio Blue, Marquise* and Finnuval like this.