Not open for further replies.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Marsigne that is true! They are very protective to each other but you know what? They extend that feeling to anyone who is around. I was feeling myself perfectly safe. These people KNOW how to respect others. And it is truly sad that they had not the respect they deserved.
@Biestmann indeed. Let's not make a misunderstanding here. I had a conversation, I wanted to speak with them and not offend anyone, they told me don't worry, we won't get offended speak freely. That didn't meant that I would be an ass! I was just relieved and spoke my mind without fear of causing any misunderstanding. I know of course how to speak to people with respect and that should be noted AND there is NO excuse to disrespect anyone. Sorry if that left any false ideas, I think I clarified my point and in any case, by all means if I ever say anything that might sound wrong, please state me what it is, I am still learning to love.

IRHP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
^ No need to be so apologetic, I think it's clear you don't intend to disrespect anyone! :smile:

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
^ No need to be so apologetic, I think it's clear you don't intend to disrespect anyone! :smile:
Well, that's a relief.
But I still feel that I got to explain a few things of the context of my request to those people.
In Greece, some words and phrases have homophobic roots, period! Nobody can question this, it is a fact and I can gladly say that things change to a more positive speaking language indeed.
The problem is, that some words and expressions have different meaning, according to the context. Those phrases STILL do derive from a homophobic cultutre. I will not go into details, but the same phrase can be used positive or negative, thus we even listen homosexual people speaking like that without any problem, because context is king. If you don't intend to insult, everyone can understand that you used the phrase in a good manner with a good meaning.
It still is complicated though, because as @Biestmann rightly said, it's not about me, it is about them. Thus that's why I asked if I can use non PC words freely. Because there are a lot of colloquial Greek phrases, with two meanings. You have to state your position, you owe to ask first before speaking freely, even if they are your friends. You ought to know about how they feel about it. I asked, not because of me, but to ask how THEY prefer to talk. It sounded like an egocentric prick's approach and it was nice that people asked what was this all about, but in reality, it was the opposite case.
Still I avoided using those phrases successfully and I was very proud of myself managing it, because it is hard to adapt against a 30 years habit. I am still learning and adapting to this culture, but fortunately my sis is a project manager in a hotline for psychological support for LGBTI+ people and thus since she knows a lot more, I ask her all the time. I am more aware of problems people face to our country and that is why I am so sensitive about that.
So yes, it is a relief that my true intentions are shown clear now. :smile:

As for the apology, when I say something with lack of data to be understood, and disturb even ONE person, I feel I owe an apology. Being a moderator, but most important, being a man of honor, is not easy and it is never about only yourself. It is about you related to the others.

Bottom line, a huge hug and super love from me to all of you once again!
Has anyone else been to parades? Next time I will take photos and share!

Edit to avoid double posting.

Meanwhile it the World (15th of June 2019)
Am, I the only one here that finds this music and this choreography spectacular?

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've often wondered if I count amougst the LGBTQI+. After much soul searching over a number of years I have finally become comfortable with the idea that I'm an Asexual Pan-Romantic. So I feel a sort of affection and romantic attraction for men, women, non gendered, trans etc. Anyone really because I don't look at the people, just whether I enjoy being with them.

But I am married, to a man, so therefore do I count as a hetrosexual person? I mean, I'm still, in my heart of hearts an Asexual Pan-Romantic. I sometimes wish relationships and stuff weren't so defineing. lol. It only serves to confuse me most days. Pride is supposed to be inclusive of a lot of things, but sometimes I'm not sure if I can be included (that's the story of my life in most things though. lol)

The world is such a confusing place!

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome well ass far as I'm concerned it would include you. I once wrote a small piece when i was young that basically comes down to :

"ask me what I was when Im dead, untill then all you need to know is that I am me and you are you."

And thats what pride should be about (in my opinion anyway)

Tw0Face

Chief Executive Officer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not LGBT+, but I wish you a wonderful Pride Month and a great time; not just this month, but always!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome Being married to someone of the opposite gender in no way restricts how you feel though. So absolutely you are LGBTQ+, and if anyone tries to say otherwise they are a jerk. (Also Asexual is generally already in there anyway.)

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
so, politics are restricted, but one can openly talk about sexuality on this site?
what happened to "protecting the integrity of minors who might read the forums"?
how does that work?

WaywardMartian

Is sometimes a giant bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Talking about sexual orientations isn't talking about sex.

Was Paladin ( female ) talking about her husband ( male ) okay until she mentioned being pan-ace? How is talking about heterosexuality magically non-sexual and safe for minors, but the second anything outside of that gets mentioned suddenly it's all about sex? You know straight people have sex too, right?

Do we have to remove all games from this site with any romance options at all because THE CHILDREN!?! or just the ones that aren't totally straight?

There is literally no harm in kids knowing that multiple orientations exist.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so, politics are restricted, but one can openly talk about sexuality on this site?
what happened to "protecting the integrity of minors who might read the forums"?
how does that work?
Oh no, children might figure out everyone isn't straight! The horror!

Part of growing up is learning that not everyone is like you and that you need to be able to learn to, if not love, then at least accept that diversity.

Also, you have to be at least 13 to be a member here and if you haven't learned that non-straight people exist by then, then they probably should.

Also also, this conversation is over. The opening post explains that being who you are isn't political. So it is ok to discuss, as long as you aren't talking about the real world politics attached to it.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
you need to be able to learn to, if not love, then at least accept that diversity.
what better form of accepting the diversity than by including that diversity in *the lot*, and treating each person equally?
you wanna be gay? knock yourself out.... just, do it silently the same way the majority of the world enjoys their heterosexuality without making parades of anything.

being gay and being rational are not mutually exclusive.
you surely realize that vouching for a movement that implies prosecution/discrimination/conviction against homosexuals when such a thing doesn't exist, is irrational.
you think that the whole world is out hunting gays like it's the 15th century when the truth is, nobody really cares.
the only people who would remotely care about such things, is slowly fading away due to old age.
..... nobody cares anymore, who you marry, or whether or not you have children that could somehow help *them* complete some sort of personal achievement.

be gay, go to your significant other at the end of the day, and call it a night, like everybody else.
that's how you exert equality.
if you push for superiority or specific treatment, you're going to effectively amass the opposition you so desperately want to fight off.

Last edited:

Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Talking about sexual orientations isn't talking about sex.

Was Paladin ( female ) talking about her husband ( male ) okay until she mentioned being pan-ace? How is talking about heterosexuality magically non-sexual and safe for minors, but the second anything outside of that gets mentioned suddenly it's all about sex? You know straight people have sex too, right?

Do we have to remove all games from this site with any romance options at all because THE CHILDREN!?! or just the ones that aren't totally straight?

There is literally no harm in kids knowing that multiple orientations exist.
This took me a little while to understand but I'm glad I took the time to sort it out, and Id like to clarify for others who may think more like myself.

romantic attraction and courtship are built around sex yet heterosexual romantic courtship is ok to talk about and kids can understand the basic ideas of love and attraction without things becoming adult oriented. In the same way homosexual (ect) attraction and courtship again are usually built around sex but should be likewise acceptable to talk about in regards to love and attraction. we know both revolve around sex yet somehow people seem to ignore the romantic portion which is usually focused on in heterosexual relationships and focus entirely on the sexual aspect as if homosexuality is more of a fetish.

the short version is this.

Men can love other men and show love and affection outside of sexual contact. talking about sexual orientation has more to do with courtship and romance that is, the love not the lust.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you are on the right track, but I would say more that sex can be a part of romantic attraction, but doesn't have to be. There are plenty of people who are asexual who have no interest in sex at all, but still desire romantic relationships.

Like, I think your conclusion of why it's fine to discuss things is correct, just part of what you used as a foundation is a bit off.

Romanticist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I said the conversation is over. Enjoy your break from the forums. (1 week suspension)
So you can get suspended from the official RPG Maker forum for not being totally excited about seeing celebration of sexuality in an all-ages community about creating role playing games?

The opening post explains that being who you are isn't political. So it is ok to discuss, as long as you aren't talking about the real world politics attached to it.
I wonder if I'm allowed to celebrate my religion on this forum? It's a large part of my life, as sexuality obviously is in yours, so why not?

Touchfuzzy said:
1.2 Do NOT discuss religion, politics or nationalism (nationalism is defined as discussions about why one country/nation is better than others or why a country/nation is bad) outside the scope of game development.
Lol, whoops. Seems not. So I can discuss who I want to put my p*nis into, and have Pride for it (which, as you probably know, is a sin), but I can't discuss God and that which is sacred and holy. Yikes!

Will I too be enjoying a break from the forums?:kaoblush:

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Romanticist A person can change their faith, they can't change their sexual orientation.

Why are you making such a big deal out of this? You don't agree with it? Fine. No one's saying you have to fully agree with it. The other member was suspended because they wouldn't leave well enough alone, and kept posting after being told to stop. Had nothing to do with them not agreeing with Pride.

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can be suspended for arguing with an admin after he says a discussion is over. Also for joining in on a discussion solely to argue that you don't think LGBT people should be able to discuss being LGBT. Aren't excited about Pride? Guess what, don't join the conversation. Go read something else. No one is forcing anyone to read this thread or respond to it.

Also, we are not all ages. This forum is 13+. At 13, people should be aware that LGBT people exist. If they do not, I don't feel introducing them to that fact is in any way harmful. It's a subject everyone should learn about. How will we learn to love one another as a society if we don't even teach our children about the diversity of the world? (Honestly, even if we were all ages, there is nothing wrong with kids of any ages knowing that LGBT people exist. They know heterosexual couples exist without knowing what sex is, why can't they know that not all couples are a man and a woman?)

And actually, I have no problem with someone discussing their religion in the sense of discussing their life. Like if someone just discusses going to to church or celebrating Ramadan or Yom Kippur, or anything like that, you know what, it isn't a big deal. But religion is very often used as a bludgeon against others, rather than being about a personal experience.

The truth is, I honestly do not understand how people can lack so much empathy that they think wanting people who have both historically and in modern times been discriminated against feel welcome is a bad thing.

Now, the discussion is over. If you an't understand why, that doesn't matter. It is not up for debate. The conversation is over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(
Ami
tethering is my lifesaver,especially when computer or laptop doesn't support internet connection.
convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.
Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravichah