I've got some questions about the DS packs: Battlers and music.

PhoenixQuest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like the chibi battlers that came in one of the DS packs for VX Ace. Are there more like these? Did the person who made these sprites make more?

Second, who made the music that is used in the DS packs, and is there more by them in a similar style?

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know the answer to any of your questions but I'd like to know too.

I do know that @The Mighty Palm have made some battlers inspired by the DS pack's chibi battlers though ---> [Link]. Maybe you find something you like in his thread. I also have seen a japanese site with a TON of similar battlers before. And I actually think that the DS pack's battlers might be inspired by those, because that artist who made them did so many years ago.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the site (although I'm sure someone else does). But I do remember that the "terms of use" was pretty dodgy. I'm sure you couldn't use them in commercial games etc.

PhoenixQuest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know the answer to any of your questions but I'd like to know too.

I do know that @The Mighty Palm have made some battlers inspired by the DS pack's chibi battlers though ---> [Link]. Maybe you find something you like in his thread. I also have seen a japanese site with a TON of similar battlers before. And I actually think that the DS pack's battlers might be inspired by those, because that artist who made them did so many years ago.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the site (although I'm sure someone else does). But I do remember that the "terms of use" was pretty dodgy. I'm sure you couldn't use them in commercial games etc.
Hmm, those are pretty nice, but I feel like they're not quite the same?

If anyone knows that site you're talking about, I'd love to see it!

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah, if I remember everything correctly, the chibi battlers were made by Archeia in the style of Rド who has been known here as Monta! and Milano Cat. Here's the current site: http://rpgdot3319.g1.xrea.com/ and you can check Slimm's translated terms of use thread to find info on how to use it. There's no commercial use, but if you ask nicely on the message board he often gives permission for commercial use. I've also made a few in the same style. I can't remember right now if they're all in my resource thread or if some were M+ only, but I do know you can find at least one there.

BTW, normally asking where to find questions is done in the Resource Requests section. You've got a higher chance of getting a useful answer by asking there too.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Ah, if I remember everything correctly, the chibi battlers were made by Archeia in the style of Rド who has been known here as Monta! and Milano Cat. Here's the current site: http://rpgdot3319.g1.xrea.com/ and you can check Slimm's translated terms of use thread to find info on how to use it. There's no commercial use, but if you ask nicely on the message board he often gives permission for commercial use. I've also made a few in the same style. I can't remember right now if they're all in my resource thread or if some were M+ only, but I do know you can find at least one there.

BTW, normally asking where to find questions is done in the Resource Requests section. You've got a higher chance of getting a useful answer by asking there too.
Sharm ty! It's actually made by Milano Cat I just ported for VXA use. There are custom assets here and there that we made though! I just can't remember all of them right now. 'v')b

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, that's it! Thanks for the correction.

PhoenixQuest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sharm ty! It's actually made by Milano Cat I just ported for VXA use. There are custom assets here and there that we made though! I just can't remember all of them right now. 'v')b
@Archeia Oh hey, you're one of the people that made the DS packs right? I have another question!

How come the DS+ pack doesn't feature the world map tiles from RPG Maker DS+? I just assumed that the original game didn't have them, but I found a trailer for it and there totally are world map tiles! There's animations too (well, I saw those in a trailer for RMDS) that aren't included in the packs. Is there any way you guys could release those additional assets that weren't included?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
@Archeia Oh hey, you're one of the people that made the DS packs right? I have another question!

How come the DS+ pack doesn't feature the world map tiles from RPG Maker DS+? I just assumed that the original game didn't have them, but I found a trailer for it and there totally are world map tiles! There's animations too (well, I saw those in a trailer for RMDS) that aren't included in the packs. Is there any way you guys could release those additional assets that weren't included?
Sadly no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Rylo