I've made various cutscenes for one person that were working before, but some aren't now.

Notchella

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am very new to RPG Maker, only been using a few days. I am creating a romance system a little like Harvest Moon with different events based off of a variable number. I made 9 cutscenes in total, they were all working at one point but when put together it's skipping over a few. I'm unsure what has gone wrong as the list of commands for the ones that skipped are in the same format as those that don't. So when a character's affection is at 40, the level 40 cutscene will play, but at 50 it won't, then at 60 it'll play.

I'm so confused, any advice would be very appreciated.
Here's some images of what I've done. To me the variables of >40 and >50 seem the same, so I don't know why 40 activates but 50 doesn't1.png2.png3.png4.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To me the variables of >40 and >50 seem the same, so I don't know why 40 activates but 50 doesn't
page priority and page numbering

if more than one page has its condition fulfilled, then the page with the higher number will take priority.
A variable >50 is always also >40 and activates both pages. And since the >40 page has a higher number it will be active in that case.

you'll need to reorder the pages so that pages with higher condition numbers also have higher page numbers.

rpgLord69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also, at one point you are giving them +15 affection? If it's at 45 it will jump to 60 and skip the 50-event even if your pages are properly arranged?

Notchella

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also, at one point you are giving them +15 affection? If it's at 45 it will jump to 60 and skip the 50-event even if your pages are properly arranged?
I didn't even notice, I've been doing it all day I think I'm starting to overlook things :elswt:
Thank you for telling me :)

page priority and page numbering

if more than one page has its condition fulfilled, then the page with the higher number will take priority.
A variable >50 is always also >40 and activates both pages. And since the >40 page has a higher number it will be active in that case.

you'll need to reorder the pages so that pages with higher condition numbers also have higher page numbers.
Ahh I see, I'll give that a go when I next get round to it.
Thank you! :)

Notchella

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for late reply- all works now! Cheers guys!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

R3-M1 can now leave footprints :kaojoy: Thanks Dsiver144 for another amazing plugin!!

1653686110642.png

Hey guys, do you wanna see who dominated the competition in our last game jam?! Stop by while we play Pinky by @Wumbohek Starting at 4:20pm EST.
BCj
Looking for someone that can create custom-made balloon pop-ups for Escalia! Now posted in Classifieds - Requests
So, uh... I have to work on the MZ beta for one of the games to be made in Unite (since it's not out yet) because I'm planning to put it on Kickstarter. It involves escape rooms, twisted animatronics, and the SCP Foundation. Plus it takes place in a theme park, and it's NOT a "Five Nights" game. It's got virtual escape rooms, secret notes, and a twisted secret only the SCP should know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodismegalame