acidhedz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Disclaimer: Game does include adult humor/language.

"Don't be afraid... Buy the ticket, and let me take you for a ride."
Ryan Murphy, The Developer of the game.

http://gamejolt.com/games/jackhoth/240067
Commercial game. Soundtrack available as well.

Player Quotes:
"I think my favorite thing had to be walking around and looking at the scenery, the banter between the PCs and the various running gags!"
"This looks awesome, omg I can't rave on it enough!"
"Please upload the soundtrack, would love to listen to the music while I am working!"

Game Synopsis:
Jack Hoth: The Legendary Journey is, at a glance, a comedic trip down the memory lane of classic RPGs. But don't let the silly facade fool you. Once you start down the rabbit hole... there's no turning back. What it really is, is a trip. A trip through a twisted mind.

The overall experience of the game can be likened to Mel Brooks movies, the Austin Powers trilogy, Airplane!, Deadpool, and other parody/satire. Play it for a good laugh, it's sure to tickle most funny bones. Experience it for the head games, psycholigical twists and turns, the twisted allegories and metaphors... to see just how deep the hole goes.

The story starts simple. Jack Hoth is a famous let's player on the WeTelly platform. After a HUGE party celebrating his winning an award at WeTellyCon in Lost Vegas, he wakes up with a nasty hangover... then things just get worse.
He answers a knock at the door thinking it's a friend, only to be kidnapped by the game developer! Forced to carry out a quest in a classic fantasy realm in the far flung future! There's only one way to get home... and that's do what he's told.
Playing as Jack you'll have to fight your way through nine crazy lands full of baddies. Learning to coordinate your skills and spells to try and wipe them out, before they can do the same to you.
Along the way you'll explore an unpredictable world, meet strange and wonderful characters, and discover that even in the silliest of places... dark things ALWAYS lurk.

Featuring:
Lot's of comedy. Honestly just about every style of comedy you can think of is likely to be found within the game. Except cringe "comedy". I don't do Schadenfreude.
Drama. Especially in the last third of the game.
Layers and nuances for those who want to try and figure them out.

Game play is divided between exploration/comedy and combat.
There's a lot of stuff to interact with in the environment. A good deal of the comedy is found by exploration.
There are a few puzzles, mostly in one dungeon.
The game has 9 areas (lands), 3 dungeons, plus side areas. 3, 9, and 27 are numbers you'll find all through the game.
Some side quests.
5 Difficulty levels. 3 varying degrees of easier, normal, and hard.
Original Soundtrack. 37 tracks.
Sideview battles. Making good use of Yanfly's plug-ins.

Most enemies have unique dialog. With over 200 baddies, some randomization of encounters (when you interact with some encounters it will randomly select between an easy, medium and hard battle), and frequent random music changes, battles are less repetitive.
Uses a lot of character style enemies, rather than statics. With most having random sprite selections, and random weapons.
Baddies drop Money Bags that give a random amount of currency. Yanfly's More Enemy Drops plug-in is used to allow enemies to drop more items based on character levels.
Plus, they randomly drop keys to treasure chests that give random rewards.

Combat is tactical, skill based. Gear provides benefits, but your skills are what will win.
You CAN NOT win by spamming attack past the first couple of areas, and even then once you hit the second area you'd be lucky to win without using skills.
Setting up synergy between character's skills gets more important the further into the game you get.
Status effects can be essential to victory.
Emphasis is on fairly quick, high stakes, battles. Especially later in the game, when enemies can wipe you out in a single turn. Unless you shut them down and do it to them first.

Last edited:

acidhedz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here is a link with a let's player, playing the game.
Warning it does have NSFW language. So I'm putting it as a link. Game Play Video

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally feel well enough to sketch. Took twenty minutes to find the tablet. Another ten for the cable. Only to discover that my Clip Studio Pro license has expired. Yup. Gonna be one of those days.
Is there a way to add pictures to profile posts?
I just graduated from high school yesterday!
I accidently wipe out my entire hdd...
Hey everyone, I'm going to do winners announcement post for the OCCIII after we get the edit bar fixed. It's kind of hard to do any announcement without formatting! Thanks for the patience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkullMetalLord