Jack's Generator Additions

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I plan to release my generator additions that I make for myself here, for everyone else to use. All of these can be used freely in any way you wish. Commercial or non-commercial. As usual, Just credit Jack Saintsworth.

I also take requests, but since they're free I wouldn't expect them in a timely manner :p But I'll do my best.

First Release: 11/2/2015

Black Character Hairstyles (Male/Female) Set -

ALTERNATE LINK (Added 9/28/2017): [https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxj57869wolwhrr/Black Hair Generator Parts - ALL.rar?dl=0]

UPDATED (11/4/2015) - Fixed Male Afro color issue.

I realized that if anyone wanted to make a black character (or one with black styled hair) they'd be screwed, so I threw these together. (pixel art is not my strong suit, but I hope to get better) This set includes 5 hairstyles for females, and 6 hairstyles for males. They're all "Rear Hair" images, that will not look good with any of the "Front Hair" images. (though, you're free to combine them if you're so inclined... :p ) They were made with being colored black in mind, but most of the colors look decent.

(These instructions were written 2 years ago, so there may be a better way now, but it should still work this way if you follow them properly, as I tested it myself. Just keep in mind that the official generator has been updated, so the numbers are now off, and you'll have to change them manually again.)

HOW TO ADD: To add these files to your generator, navigate to your RPG Maker MV installation location, and then open the "Generator" folder, and drag the contents of the "All" folder in this Zip file into there (or any of the individual folders for specific hairs if you don't want them all), and then close (if its currently open) and open RPG Maker MV and the hairstyles should be appended to your list of rear hairs for both genders..

NOTE: If it asks you to replace any files that means you've already added some hairstyles, and you're going to have to rename these hairstyles in order for them to work. There are 17 Rear Hairs for men, and 19 Rear Hairs for women, by default. So I started from 18 and 20 respectively, and worked my way up with the naming conventions. The only part you need to change in the names of the files, are the numbers after the letter "p". So for example, the first custom female hair is "FG_RearHair1_p20_c1_m003" which comes after the last default female rear hair "FG_RearHair1_p19_c1_m003". All I did was put my image in the Face folder, and change the 19 to a 20. You'll have to do this with all pieces of each hairstyle in the Face, SV, TV, TVD, and Variation folders.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing, but if you have any questions, just post them.)

EXAMPLES:

Dreadhawk Female:

Dreadhawk Male:

-----------

Dreadlocks Female:

Dreadlocks Male:

-----------

Twists Female:

Twists Male:

-----------

Tied-Back Female: (After posting this one, I noticed the hair was messed up on the Side-View Battler, and it has been fixed and updated, so no worries.)

Tied-Back Male:

-----------

Afro Female:

Afro Male:

-----------

2-Part Fade (Male only):

Attachments

Last edited:

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
the afro male is awesome  :guffaw:

good job!

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Awesome job, you're also quite good at putting faces together. LOVE the tied back female with the headpiece, hair color and clothing!

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
these look awesome. i needed a 'fro for one of my characters lol. thanks for sharing.

Arck

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Potuguese
Primarily Uses
Very good! Great job boy!

Zanes

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Very cool man, I was just looking for a Fade Haircut haha. 

Thanks.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Big fan of dreadlocks. Very happy to finally be able to give them to my characters. Thank you so much for these generator pieces. :)

FeralGames

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thank you. Making a city based game, and the lack of black hairstyles was a little bit of an annoyance. 

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Affro Male looks like an old 4chan meme xD Awesome work in any event :)

For now, anything I post can be used freely in any manner. (These took a decent amount of time, so in the future I may try to find a way to sell them if I make a larger pack of stuff to get a little something out of it, haha)
This is a little ambiguous though. It makes me worry if I can actually use the hair styles since, well, in your terms, you are basically saying "They are free to use now, but some day they might not be" which means you retain the rights to suddenly charge me or any other user for this content at a later date. Not a solid ground to stand on for the end user xD

So which is it? ^^ Just asking for clarification: Did you mean your future work might some day cost money, or this too? ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, please clarify. FYI, even if you meant that you are going to change the terms later that would only legally count for people who find the resources after the terms had been changed. You can't retroactively remove licencing permissions.

danielvutran

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English! xD
Primarily Uses
Love the 'fro!! Will def be using that one! Haha XD

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the confusion, I actually meant that these are free, and always will be, but things I make in the distant future may not be. SO no worries here. Use them for whatever you want. As a matter of fact, I'll just take that line out of the post.

EDIT: Also, glad to have helped those of you in need. :)

ldeezy

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I been waiting 3 yrs for these type of hairstyles!!! Thank you so much!!!! #YouReekOfAwesomeness 

AcosmicDevi

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are pretty awesome. Thank you for doing them. I wish more artists would do the same.

Runako

Miracle/Magic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I must say!

Thank you so much for these parts. I've been aching for Afro-Centric styles!

Thank you!!

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for these . I don't need them for my game BUT i do like them XD

Baron Banana

Brobdingnagian Bannerman
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Fantastic job man. Thanks for making them, they are so well done.

PathosFear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry for the confusion, I actually meant that these are free, and always will be, but things I make in the distant future may not be. SO no worries here. Use them for whatever you want. As a matter of fact, I'll just take that line out of the post.

EDIT: Also, glad to have helped those of you in need. :)
Thanks for clearing that up :D Now I can finally enjoy getting some proper hairdos in the generator ^^

Uh, one thing tho: The affro part hair style is a bit borked for males. Nothing I couldn't repair myself, but here's what's missing:

The bottom row of the affro TV color image is missing. That means the bottom row of the walker graphics always look a weird blonde no matter what color you chose.

Also, the right most picture of the top tow is one pixel off to the left. I repaired them myself, but for people a bit more hands-off, perhaps you could look into it? :)

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome stuff. My one issue with MV is all the androgynous characters from the generator. Stuff like this really helps with that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So which forum do I use if I want to showcase graphics? I've been using AML forum, but I'm not sure it's correct.
I am trying to get my game published with Aldorlea Games so that I make sales from their website and the game being on Steam. They have said that their published games rarely make less than a few hundred dollars.
DoubleXP wrote on Tonbi's profile.
Hello Wondering if you take commissions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emistro