Jack's Generator Additions

kattheodore

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you SO MUCH for doing this. It's so frustrating trying to find assets for diverse characters.

orco253

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
those dreads are exactly what I was looking for my orcs. Thank you very much

jasy80

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I plan to release my generator additions that I make for myself here, for everyone else to use. All of these can be used freely in any way you wish. Commercial or non-commercial. As usual, Just credit Jack Saintsworth.

I also take requests, but since they're free I wouldn't expect them in a timely manner :p But I'll do my best.

First Release: 11/2/2015

Black Character Hairstyles (Male/Female) Set -

ALTERNATE LINK (Added 9/28/2017): [https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxj57869wolwhrr/Black Hair Generator Parts - ALL.rar?dl=0]

UPDATED (11/4/2015) - Fixed Male Afro color issue.

I realized that if anyone wanted to make a black character (or one with black styled hair) they'd be screwed, so I threw these together. (pixel art is not my strong suit, but I hope to get better) This set includes 5 hairstyles for females, and 6 hairstyles for males. They're all "Rear Hair" images, that will not look good with any of the "Front Hair" images. (though, you're free to combine them if you're so inclined... :p ) They were made with being colored black in mind, but most of the colors look decent.

(These instructions were written 2 years ago, so there may be a better way now, but it should still work this way if you follow them properly, as I tested it myself. Just keep in mind that the official generator has been updated, so the numbers are now off, and you'll have to change them manually again.)

HOW TO ADD: To add these files to your generator, navigate to your RPG Maker MV installation location, and then open the "Generator" folder, and drag the contents of the "All" folder in this Zip file into there (or any of the individual folders for specific hairs if you don't want them all), and then close (if its currently open) and open RPG Maker MV and the hairstyles should be appended to your list of rear hairs for both genders..

NOTE: If it asks you to replace any files that means you've already added some hairstyles, and you're going to have to rename these hairstyles in order for them to work. There are 17 Rear Hairs for men, and 19 Rear Hairs for women, by default. So I started from 18 and 20 respectively, and worked my way up with the naming conventions. The only part you need to change in the names of the files, are the numbers after the letter "p". So for example, the first custom female hair is "FG_RearHair1_p20_c1_m003" which comes after the last default female rear hair "FG_RearHair1_p19_c1_m003". All I did was put my image in the Face folder, and change the 19 to a 20. You'll have to do this with all pieces of each hairstyle in the Face, SV, TV, TVD, and Variation folders.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing, but if you have any questions, just post them.)

EXAMPLES:

Dreadhawk Female:

Dreadhawk Male:

-----------

Dreadlocks Female:

Dreadlocks Male:

-----------

Twists Female:

Twists Male:

-----------

Tied-Back Female: (After posting this one, I noticed the hair was messed up on the Side-View Battler, and it has been fixed and updated, so no worries.)

Tied-Back Male:

-----------

Afro Female:

Afro Male:

-----------

2-Part Fade (Male only):

Thank you very much for creating these! Would you like your name in the credits section?

Ded_Zed01

Demonkiller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Sign
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the characters there are no images supported for the character sprites

Pearl484

Sweetly Spiked Flower
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am very excited to see what the future will hold.

Roooompha

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swed
Primarily Uses
Other
i dont get this too work, running on steam, done as it is said here, move the files to generator. can someone explain this for a complete noob who is like a grandmom on the computer?

Journey_Sticks

Builder of Stuff
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I plan to release my generator additions that I make for myself here, for everyone else to use. All of these can be used freely in any way you wish. Commercial or non-commercial. As usual, Just credit Jack Saintsworth.

I also take requests, but since they're free I wouldn't expect them in a timely manner :p But I'll do my best.

First Release: 11/2/2015

Black Character Hairstyles (Male/Female) Set -

ALTERNATE LINK (Added 9/28/2017): [https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxj57869wolwhrr/Black Hair Generator Parts - ALL.rar?dl=0]

UPDATED (11/4/2015) - Fixed Male Afro color issue.

I realized that if anyone wanted to make a black character (or one with black styled hair) they'd be screwed, so I threw these together. (pixel art is not my strong suit, but I hope to get better) This set includes 5 hairstyles for females, and 6 hairstyles for males. They're all "Rear Hair" images, that will not look good with any of the "Front Hair" images. (though, you're free to combine them if you're so inclined... :p ) They were made with being colored black in mind, but most of the colors look decent.

(These instructions were written 2 years ago, so there may be a better way now, but it should still work this way if you follow them properly, as I tested it myself. Just keep in mind that the official generator has been updated, so the numbers are now off, and you'll have to change them manually again.)

HOW TO ADD: To add these files to your generator, navigate to your RPG Maker MV installation location, and then open the "Generator" folder, and drag the contents of the "All" folder in this Zip file into there (or any of the individual folders for specific hairs if you don't want them all), and then close (if its currently open) and open RPG Maker MV and the hairstyles should be appended to your list of rear hairs for both genders..

NOTE: If it asks you to replace any files that means you've already added some hairstyles, and you're going to have to rename these hairstyles in order for them to work. There are 17 Rear Hairs for men, and 19 Rear Hairs for women, by default. So I started from 18 and 20 respectively, and worked my way up with the naming conventions. The only part you need to change in the names of the files, are the numbers after the letter "p". So for example, the first custom female hair is "FG_RearHair1_p20_c1_m003" which comes after the last default female rear hair "FG_RearHair1_p19_c1_m003". All I did was put my image in the Face folder, and change the 19 to a 20. You'll have to do this with all pieces of each hairstyle in the Face, SV, TV, TVD, and Variation folders.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing, but if you have any questions, just post them.)

EXAMPLES:

Dreadhawk Female:

Dreadhawk Male:

-----------

Dreadlocks Female:

Dreadlocks Male:

-----------

Twists Female:

Twists Male:

-----------

Tied-Back Female: (After posting this one, I noticed the hair was messed up on the Side-View Battler, and it has been fixed and updated, so no worries.)

Tied-Back Male:

-----------

Afro Female:

Afro Male:

-----------

2-Part Fade (Male only):

I am a huge fan of your work! Thank you for doing it so well. I attempted an edit a while back to get the "Kid & Play" afro, but I couldn't quite get it right. Anyhow, great to see the update and thank you again!

Roooompha

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swed
Primarily Uses
Other
:eswt:.

Got it to work! This is great. Of i would make a request it would be longer dreadlocks. I tried to modify the twist to get a good look but since i have no idea what in doing it ended up to a faceless image xD

DJ990J

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Eingrish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello, I wanted to know if it was okay if I was to expand on these hair styles? I've made some from your images and was wondering if that was okay?

Roooompha

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swed
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello, I wanted to know if it was okay if I was to expand on these hair styles? I've made some from your images and was wondering if that was okay?
Lets see them

OverTheTop123

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is really great stuff, thank you! Would these have any issue with carry over to MZ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.
Sand is basically small rocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewRobertson