BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably my final progress update for the month but I'm going to set a halftime on my project at the end of the current scenario test with a small preview of what's to come.

Also, I went ahead and had my package processed early so that it's done far in advance of the actual release (or in the event of an early access plan). I actually did it under the pretense that I thought it necessary for curators and other preview key situations (this is literally my first time at this). I'm also throwing in my first summons-enhanced boss, attempting to set up a color-based code cracker and hooking up a "short fuse" panic trial (with just one minute to work with before it goes "boom" and sends you back to the dungeon entrance) with the clues for the latter pinned to the walls in strategic locations. Switched from the default image-based damage alert as well, which actually works better for my requirements compared to an RTP edit like I did before.

Last edited:

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Progress Report #8:
RPG Maker MV Cook Tool:
-Thinking about what features to add. One of these is to allow the editing of the package.json file. This is used to adjust settings of nwjs (such as the minimum size of the window, turning on/off NodeJS, etc.). I have a library to do this, but it will be tricky for me to implement it. I'll have to read how to process JSON files.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AceOfAces_Mod It's not that difficult, actually. Just a regular text file formatted specifically to be read accordingly. For example:

Code:
{
  "options": "Options",
  "new_game": "New game",
  "continue": "Continue",
  "exit_game": "Exit game",
  "to_title": "To title"
}
I'm working on this myself trying to get DKTools to recognize localization material. If successful it will bring me to 0.7.14 to close out the month.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated all of the victory aftermath lines so that they say something unique after bosses. Even managed to figure out how to change the faceset so they can be angry or happy if it is appropriate instead of the default one.

With that change, I complied the project off and sent it to the tester. Unfortunately it is singular now, as my other testers have had to stop due to RL issues.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And unfortunately I hit a wall with the localization test. Still 0.7.10 in advancement based on work to date so I'm not mad about it.

Chiara

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Final January progress update:
  • finished the version of Suiyan I'd mentioned. Now that I see the both of them next to each other, I want to switch their eyes, that'd actually look more interesting
  • did some anatomy studies, as I said, yay!
After the last few years, this has been a surprisingly productive month for me and I'd love to keep it up. I'm going to think about my next steps today, see you in the february thread!

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@BreakerZero , I know about that. What the hurdle will be is translating the JSON file in such a way that I can edit it in the GUI and translate the changes back to JSON. The library I found does take care of the formatting, I'll need to build the struct right. Especially since part of it is like this:
Code:
"name": "A game.",
"window":
{
 "height": 1280,
 "width": 720,
}

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
0.7.11 is closing in - just have to playtest my current mission, check that I rebalanced a field boss correctly and then do my final first half package update for my Steam page. This may be my final milestone for the month - if there are any further updates they'll probably go into the notes that will start tomorrow. Also updated my world map a bit to make it more cohesive in presentation, and to extend some complexity in a few strategic locations.

EDIT: And I finally figured out my balance issue. Fool wasn't even cued to run troop leveling off the plugin that will eventually replace the second quest with a new game plus. Fail.

EDIT 2: Another thing I figured out: wording follow-up messages. This past week I cross-checked over with a contact I ended up with via curator services on Steam as a three-day follow-up to see how things were going, verify that procedures are being followed, etc. Had a notice in there reminding the recipient of no-sale rules and that if anything suspicious would be in question then the keys could be revoked at any time. Unfortunately I must have done it wrong as I got a "speechless" state in response to the reminder portion (part of the learning process here) so I emailed back to confirm that everything was good to go and that I simply wanted to know if procedures were being followed in relation to protocol requirements.

EDIT 3: With 0.7.12 I am officially done with balancing and editing. After a final debug and playtest to catch anything else I may have missed, I will upload to Steam and have the build tested and verified as before.

On a final note, and barring any final updates anyone may have to close things out for the month, I would like to wish you all the best on your projects as much as with mine. Likewise my next build will be keyed to block off regions for which I do not yet have the material written to accommodate access.

Last edited:

TheGreatEater

Coding is my dump stat.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My laptop died weeks ago, and I finally got it back.

On one hand, all my art and files weren't lost. On the other, that's weeks of lost work. But talked to my brother (who's going to be my game tester and helping me with my ideas). Got the simple game I'm going to start with to work on building up experience and systems for future games (since I've tons of games rattling around in my head asking to be let out).

It's going to be a High School SoL game with inspirations from Mana Khemia (using lots of YanFly stuff), and Persona series. I think it's going to be pretty fun, I'll post back up here either next mo later on in the month, or a month from now when I get all the art and levels made.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tough **** hearing that. At least you had it all backed up.

EDIT: 0.7.14 and I am done with my updates for this reporting cycle. Found a few last-minute bugs (primarily regarding item placements and their relation to player progression) but otherwise everything checks out.

Last edited:

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This January, I'd like to:
  • Complete 3 maps & events (this would bring my total up to 6/10 maps for a demo)
  • Create a plugin website so that others can find my plugins easily
  • Write 1 tutorial (subject TBD)
Well, I started but didn't finish any of these (busy month). I think these will be my goals for February.

TheLastYuriSamurai

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wasn't able to post too many updates on here but I'm proud to say that I managed to scrap something together for the Ace Jam 2019!! Another step in the right direction to make more lgbt games. Hopefully I can use the February thread more than I used this one!!

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which is now up so I'm moving further updates there. Will report to mods and have the month closed out if they're not already on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the graveyard area I'm currently working on for another small project! (This is actually an RPG and not a puzzle game for once)
In the strangest turn of events, my animations now live in the characters folder, and my character images now live in the pictures folder. It's a complicated world, but weirdly a more resource efficient one. :LZSexcite:
Did you know that we use robotic spy animals to learn about how different species behave in the wild? We're only a step away from robotic spy humans, and then Terminator. :p
Not being able to do a commission/request after all and having to give back the money is so heartbreaking.

Sometimes I'm just way too eager to help people out and suddenly find myself in a very deep hole because I'm not gonna be able to finish it. I really hope I don't come across as unprofessional to these people and in general. =n="

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ultravioleta_s