English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
51XLINb.png
 ​
Happy New Year!!
(almost)
 ​
2016 is almost upon us. How was 2015? Did you reach your goals? What do you hope to accomplish for 2016? We'd love to hear your plans for a brand new year!

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Guess I'll post here a bit ahead of time; basically accomplished my goals for December in that I got a lot of work done on my Beanstalk re-working. My goals for January are to finish the game and have it tested, then hopefully have it ready for release.

Happy New Year Everybody!

Pahhur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Goals for January:

-Get the scripts that I need completed for my project.

-Get the next chapter (8 maps) written and coded.

-(Artist) Get the character art done and maybe maps done for the first 8 maps.

Happy New Year folks! May all your projects see growth!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(I know I posted this a bit early this month, but usually if I don't there is some panic. :p )

My goals for January:

- Be more active here. Most of RM has been a bit on the backburner for me lately, it's time to change that. And being more active here is one part of that for me. I hope to post at least a couple of times a week in here and stay in touch with you guys more.

- Finish Donut Daze. There is very little left to do on this, it's just a matter of getting it done.

- Kirklea Logan series: I want to get a good solid start on this in MV. I would love to have the first episode finished by the the end of February.

- Slimer: I think I've decided to revamp this so that it can be done in MV. My plan right now is to make it more RPG like, with platform puzzles scattered throughout.

- Not start anymore new games. :p I've got too many on my plate as it is.

Heartbreak61

Wandering Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still 30 minutes to 2016 but... yeah, here are my goals

Cody's project:

Finish debugging on item loot system

My personal project

1. Finish standing picture for my protagonist and 2 NPC.

2. Add several facial expression or alternative stance for no. 1 (optional)

3. Make real progress on chapter 1 story.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Goal for 2016:

-Complete a game this year. They might not be released in that year, but get the game playable from the intro scene to the end credits.

January Goal:

-Polish up Chapter 3 and the half of 4 that is already done. I'm on winter break until the 19th, so I think this is very doable with only a 3 - 4 hour commitment each day of break.

Stretch goal:

-Finish Chapter 4. That one might be a tad too ambitious for this month, but if I can pull it off, the game is half done.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My goals for january:

-Start balancing my main game already!!!

-Add art and dialogue into my side project

-work on the last few features of my side project

-requests, as always

Well, I hope I'll be able to release something 2016 with this pace ^^°

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'd love to have a working 'demo' before next semester starts up. I'm using the term demo very loosely because I don't have a working battle system, any music selected, script isn't done and haven't started the eventing at all. But I'm slowly remaking my maps for the billionth time and it's coming together. Just started making outdoor maps and they are freaking hard for me. Going to take tons of practice. This semester is full time 8-3 everyday so I won't have much spare time after this. If I get even moderately close, I'll call that a success.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Having crashed out so badly the last couple of months due to RL, I only have one goal for January.

Get back into my regular routine of game making.
I'm right there with you. I could list tons of excuses, but it doesn't matter - I just need to get back at it.

Another Ned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been absent from the progress threads and – except for the occasional lurking – the forums for quite a few weeks so I had to drag myself kicking and screaming* back here. If anyone was wondering about my disappearance (if so, thanks for noticing ;__; ) the stress simply got too heavy so I kind of retreated into avoiding social interaction. Not that it's much better now, I simply got a resilience upgrade. Or something like that. Haven't had breakfast yet. I'll just stop rambling.

January and by extension 2016 goals:

• become more active here again (if only to post in this thread)
  • get back to a routine of working on my project at least for a super short timeframe each day
  • have at least 15 hours 30 minutes of time spent drawing by the end of January (at least 30 minutes per day)
* overdramatization included for your amusement

Apart from that, Happy New Year everyone! Lots of motivation and other great things for your goals!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Chiara

Welcome back!  I was asking about you only a couple of weeks ago, and people said you hadn't been around.  I recognise that retreat mode in myself at times, so it's good that you've loosened its grip a bit.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
2016 Goals:

-Release Disc 1 Update

-Write the manual (once I understand how Sandcastle Help File Builder works)

Progress Report #1

-Doing some adjustments on the Backup System. Now that I've figured out how to hide the launcher, I managed to make it backup the save files once the game closes.

-Ironing out some kinks caused by the Luna Engine. The Auto-State script crashes the game when I switched over to a compatible battle system.

.Metrobot

Coffee is my spirit animal.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new member nr. 61,204.

For january I'm going to try to make some fancy concept art, maybe write some more on the lore and such, game planning stuff, you know. 

I'm going for an open world game so it's kinda hard to get started on anything without tons of planning, coding, and drawing first.

But seeing how almost everyone else here is also working on impossibly large projects (that's not necessarily a bad thing) I think I'm going to fit in just fine!

January goals:

•  Concept art for Academy Building.
  •  Design some characters.
  •  Actually be productive.

that's it, fun times.

Wait no, EDIT: I was talking about the forum in a whole when I said everyone was working on impossibly large projects, not everyone that posted in this thread!  :dizzy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Renoru

Proud Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
2016 Goals:

-Finish my current project.

-Learn how to script.

-Get MV and hopefully create my next project using it.

-Improve my mapping and pixel art

January goals:

-At least finish the story of my current project.

-Start doing the tileset for my forest map and also the sprite for my characters

-Begin learning scripting.

Well I think thats it. I hope I fullfill this goals and yours too!

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Since the forums were down yesterday, let's start with yesterday's update:

1.1: Tweaked the cutscenes up to the rescue scene that is a little over midway in Chapter 3. Also did some light rebalancing of the battles up to that point.

Plan for today is to finish Chapter 3's cutscenes. There's still some maps that need tweaking in that Chapter (many, many maps, as Chapter 3 is the Chapter you can go explore all the towns if you wish), but I decided to focus on the plot first, then the side towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Ami
--- Minimum Requirement ---

M.Knight: Phew...finally,i got the New Game. Let's check the Requirement
"Minimum Requirement:
  • 2.00 Ghz CPU
  • Full HD Support GPU
  • 5GB Memory"
M.Knight: I just have decent Gaming PC,i can play 2010-2015 Games. Hope it's okay
(1 Hour Later,The Game FPS Just Got 10-20)
M.Knight: (Facepalm)
Next goal is to make pull & push + lift & throw systems with mouse support and have skill levels in them and action indicators!
>What's your avatar about? Is it yours?
I did not do that drawing. It's a screenshot taken from a comic featuring characters from Touhou such as Tenshi and Iku (the girl in the avatar). It's drawn by someone under the name of Yohane.
Link to the comic (SFW, but navigating around Dynasty Reader is NSFW)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peng