mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a quick fyi - I know today is the last day of the month, but with the forum update coming later today, I'm going to hold off on creating February's topic until after it's up and running. So, it might be a bit late, particularly for those in Europe and such.

Reapergurl

Drummer Extraordinaire! xD
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
Other
Completely unrelated to RM, but in Real Life, I do feel like I accomplished something, that may benefit the greater good of everyone.

It is a tremendous weight off my shoulders, and I hope for others as well. I dealt with a bully in an assertive manner, and I do feel good about it overall.

On the side of RM, I do have a new team dev member. Hopefully, a demo of Rift Chronicles will be released in the nearer future.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@bgillisp Actually, the "main" game was supposed to be the one that is the testing ground of the battle system.. then along the line I realized that it includes quite a number of extras (not just really in the battle system but also with the other systems), then while fiddling with my other world idea I realized I could implement the battle system there and include only almost default setup (script/design wise) for all other things. So in a sense, that should be a better game to introduce the battle system in, even though I already have a Demo of the main game up and available which is basically a showcase of the battle system itself. Plus with the main game having so much variable ideas until now, it will probably still take a long while to make.

Finished the Christmas party scene
Oooh PARTY!!!

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the end, I only managed to accomplish one of the three goals I set for this month. I did try to work on the graphics, but I didn't manage to finish anything which I would have been satisfied with, and I didn't progress much at all with the story writing. On the other hand, I did get the most important thing done, i.e. finished the first demo and had other people test it. So far the feedback has been mostly positive although I've also received some useful criticism (of sorts) regarding certain things which could be improved.

I'm looking forward to the new forum look and the new thread!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Reapergurl Please remember that this thread is about, and only about, game making goals and our progress with them.  Other aspects of our lives are off topic.

Thanks.

Arithmetician

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@bgillisp  Of course.  Balancing would be as I go.  It is antithetical to my design philosophy (and almost certainly a waste of time) to design monster stats any further ahead than the current dungeon.

In other notes, continued examining the ramifications of my damage formula, and considered how I can address any shortcomings by rebalancing classes, skills, buffs, and states.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.
The only thing getting me through today so far is coffee. And lots of it.
Amazing. I had seen it more than 10 years ago, but seeing Monster this year was an incredible experience. It was certainly one of the best endings I've ever seen in anime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onpeex