January Goals & Progress Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mlogan, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Dreadshadow, Marsigne and mlogan like this.
  2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just a quick fyi - I know today is the last day of the month, but with the forum update coming later today, I'm going to hold off on creating February's topic until after it's up and running. So, it might be a bit late, particularly for those in Europe and such.

Dreadshadow and Marsigne like this.
  3. Reapergurl

Reapergurl Drummer Extraordinaire! xD Veteran

First Language:
    British English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Completely unrelated to RM, but in Real Life, I do feel like I accomplished something, that may benefit the greater good of everyone.

It is a tremendous weight off my shoulders, and I hope for others as well. I dealt with a bully in an assertive manner, and I do feel good about it overall.

On the side of RM, I do have a new team dev member. Hopefully, a demo of Rift Chronicles will be released in the nearer future.

Dreadshadow and Marsigne like this.
  4. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    @bgillisp Actually, the "main" game was supposed to be the one that is the testing ground of the battle system.. then along the line I realized that it includes quite a number of extras (not just really in the battle system but also with the other systems), then while fiddling with my other world idea I realized I could implement the battle system there and include only almost default setup (script/design wise) for all other things. So in a sense, that should be a better game to introduce the battle system in, even though I already have a Demo of the main game up and available which is basically a showcase of the battle system itself. Plus with the main game having so much variable ideas until now, it will probably still take a long while to make.

Oooh PARTY!!!

Marsigne likes this.
  5. Punamaagi

Punamaagi Hero on their own terms Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In the end, I only managed to accomplish one of the three goals I set for this month. I did try to work on the graphics, but I didn't manage to finish anything which I would have been satisfied with, and I didn't progress much at all with the story writing. On the other hand, I did get the most important thing done, i.e. finished the first demo and had other people test it. So far the feedback has been mostly positive although I've also received some useful criticism (of sorts) regarding certain things which could be improved.

I'm looking forward to the new forum look and the new thread!

Marsigne and Reapergurl like this.
  6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Reapergurl Please remember that this thread is about, and only about, game making goals and our progress with them.  Other aspects of our lives are off topic.

Thanks.

Marsigne likes this.
  7. Arithmetician

Arithmetician Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @bgillisp  Of course.  Balancing would be as I go.  It is antithetical to my design philosophy (and almost certainly a waste of time) to design monster stats any further ahead than the current dungeon.

In other notes, continued examining the ramifications of my damage formula, and considered how I can address any shortcomings by rebalancing classes, skills, buffs, and states.  

Marsigne likes this.
  8. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, the forum is on, and we can set goals for February I suppose! :)

Marquise*, Marsigne and mlogan like this.
  9. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Lol, just saw the forum is up and I'm heading out to bed. I'll put up a quick topic and make it pretty tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.