Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello there!

I am using an English language version of the RMVXA engine.
While playtesting, whenever I choose Input Name Processing from the Edit Event Menu for an event on the map, the Latin Input Name screen appears and there is no option for any Japanese kana characters.
Upon taking a look at RGSS3 Window_NameInput, one can see that there are both Latin letters as well as Japanese kana characters available in the code!

Is there anyway to activate the option of having Japanese characters from the RGSS3 code appear as extra menus during the Name Input window scene?

i.e JAPAN1, JAPAN2, and JAPAN3?

JAPAN3 also contains mathematical symbols that are not available in either LATIN1 or LATIN2.

However, I wouldn't want to lose the LATIN2 special characters that are very useful for other non-English European languages.

Is there any sort of tweak or script that enables all of JAPAN1, JAPAN2, and JAPAN3 as well as LATIN1 or LATIN2 to simultaneously appear and be usable by the player?

I'm just trying to give the player more naming options in the game, that includes Japanese characters and Mathematical symbols as well because I personally cannot locate this sort of script in the forums even though it might already exist...

Thanks in advance!

A-Moonless-Night

WINTER IS COMING
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ruby:
class Window_NameInput < Window_Selectable
  def table
    return [JAPAN1, JAPAN2, JAPAN3] if $game_system.japanese?
    japan = [JAPAN1, JAPAN2, JAPAN3]
    japan.each do |arr|
      arr[-1] = LATIN1[-1]
      arr[-2] = LATIN1[-2]
    end
    return [LATIN1, LATIN2, japan[0], japan[1], japan[2]]
  end
end

Paste that as a new script underneath Main. You can change the line return [LATIN1, LATIN2, japan[0], japan[1], japan[2]] to just include the ones you want and in any order.

redcachalot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ruby:
class Window_NameInput < Window_Selectable
  def table
    return [JAPAN1, JAPAN2, JAPAN3] if $game_system.japanese?
    japan = [JAPAN1, JAPAN2, JAPAN3]
    japan.each do |arr|
      arr[-1] = LATIN1[-1]
      arr[-2] = LATIN1[-2]
    end
    return [LATIN1, LATIN2, japan[0], japan[1], japan[2]]
  end
end

Paste that as a new script underneath Main. You can change the line return [LATIN1, LATIN2, japan[0], japan[1], japan[2]] to just include the ones you want and in any order.

Thank you so much @A-Moonless-Night.
It works flawlessly!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I just got my computer back (Was posting stuff on my phone) But now my dang monitor's broken! I'll need to get a new one, which means... JOBS! Yaaay... When I get a new monitor, I'll post picture of one of my RPGMMV projects.
Wish me luck... :kaodes:
Had to clean up disk space because Windows Updates was having my primaries' disk space for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I guess the clean up thingy doesn't work or something because there were 15gigs of old update files in it.
Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?
No one:
Steam game achievement: "Die 100 times in easy mode".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
umememe