Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowflower

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am making a game in Japanese with RMXP. I put in Japanese text and it appeared as white outlined boxes. I found out that I need RGSS103J.dll. I found a download link and downloaded the dll. It still appears as white outlined boxes. Does anybody know where I can find the legit RGSS103J.dll?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
maybe you need to have a font that supports JP and or tweak a part of the scripts to tell it that it's japanese... Ace has a part on the scripts for that, IDK if it's the same way for XP

Snowflower

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
maybe you need to have a font that supports JP and or tweak a part of the scripts to tell it that it's japanese... Ace has a part on the scripts for that, IDK if it's the same way for XP
I have the Japanese fonts the script is in Japanese too. IDK if it's the same way for XP either.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And you're TELLING it to use the Japanese font?

No, by default, XP isn't multi-lingual (in that it doesn't have both character sets like Ace has).

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Having the fonts in Windows is not the same as telling the game project and XP that it has to use the JP fonts.

You need to set that inside the game projects' scripts - but I don't have XP and can't tell you where to set that.

Snowflower

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Having the fonts in Windows is not the same as telling the game project and XP that it has to use the JP fonts.

You need to set that inside the game projects' scripts - but I don't have XP and can't tell you where to set that
Thanks for the help on the fonts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen
new mechanic in battle where you can mentally erase enemies when you deplete all their MP instead HP. this gives you a special item of their "memory". it's pretty to do in battle so far.
Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak29