JavaHut

JavaHut
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Note:

A module has been added to the end of the main post. It is a module to allow particle generators within the Battle system. See the image link for directions on how to setup an Animation to be used as particle generators:

http://imgur.com/iZtSUk7

Video:

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
o_O Man, I hope I can figure this out! :)

willoneill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey JavaHut,

I'm calling the rain and snow effects on the 'weather' layer so that the particle effect will cover the whole map, but it seems to stop after a certain width? Not sure why.

Is the plugin designed to conform to the default RPG Maker width and height by default? I'm using Yanfly's core to go up to 1280 x 720. Is there a place where I can configure this, or change it in the script?

Thanks!

JavaHut

JavaHut
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey JavaHut,

I'm calling the rain and snow effects on the 'weather' layer so that the particle effect will cover the whole map, but it seems to stop after a certain width? Not sure why.

Is the plugin designed to conform to the default RPG Maker width and height by default? I'm using Yanfly's core to go up to 1280 x 720. Is there a place where I can configure this, or change it in the script?

Thanks!

If you haven't already, make sure when you call the particleOn command that the 3rd argument is set to -2 so that it follows the camera. For example: particleOn 1 Rain -2

Then you would just change the spawn rectangle's width, height, x and y parameters in your rain and snow .json data files to make the particle area larger. You may also have to increase the max particle count to compensate for the larger area. Hope this helps.

willoneill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you haven't already, make sure when you call the particleOn command that the 3rd argument is set to -2 so that it follows the camera. For example: particleOn 1 Rain -2

Then you would just change the spawn rectangle's width, height, x and y parameters in your rain and snow .json data files to make the particle area larger. You may also have to increase the max particle count to compensate for the larger area. Hope this helps.

Thanks JavaHut! Your advice worked perfectly.

If anyone else is having this kind of problem, this is the way to solve it. :)

Krimer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ukrainian
Thanks @JavaHut for plugin!

I wonder is it possible to add particles to every scene not only map? like Scene_Menu and others.

What i trying to do is add particles effect to every mouse click in game. I manage to do it in scene map, but not for others.

Can you help me with it?

UPD^

Oh, nvm, i managed to do it :)  Thanks again for the great plugin.

Last edited by a moderator:

lmd0013

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
when I use this plugin,the item in inventory is always x0. Is something wrong?I always find this bug in your demo,it means My game can't use item anymore.
QQ图片20170828165404.png
Can you fix this bug?thank u

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It seems I'm having this issue as well (items always stuck at x0) and had to disable both Particle and Battle plugins.

Not sure if the plugin author will return anytime soon to fix this and I'm not sure how it ties in to "items" to the point it breaks them.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, people are trying to quit my team because I can't code. Where's the dancing blob emoji when I need it?
My home state baseball team is going back to the World Series for the first time since 1999. I remember when they went in 1995 and won, that was like the best day of my life. (I'm a huge baseball fan and yes I'm talking about the Braves).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cashmelo