By: JavaHut
Required RMMV Version: 1.3.1+

Download

Download the script here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yh53xyz7e4qd8sb/JavaHut_SaveEx.js

Demo

Download the demo here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ccszaiwiol499xs/SaveExDemo.zip

Note: Do NOT use the plugin file from the demo in your projects, as it may not be the most up to date version.

Introduction

This plugin provides more advanced features to enhance the basic save and load functions in RMMV.

Features

- Use a screenshot with the save file to enhance the user experience

- Add an autosave feature by using the plugin command on any scene

- Use your game's title or the map display name for the save title

- Change the alignment and display items for the save/load rows

- Add a load menu command to load right from the game menu

- Add warnings on save overwrite, loading from an active game, and exiting without saving

- Allow a web prepend to keep your save data on a browser game unique

Screenshots

How to Use

-Download the JavaHut_SaveEx.js file and place it in your project's js/plugins folder. Once installed, Add it to the Plugin Manager, and click the Help... button for more info. If you are unsure about a plugin Parameter, double-click the value and read the description.

-For the demo, download the demo file and extract it to your RMMV Games folder, and open the Game.rpgproject file in RMMV.

Author's Notes

-If any of the plugin parameters are changed, please delete any save files that exist before running the game to prevent errors. To delete save files in a browser game, while the game is running, press F8 to open the console, click on "Resources" at the top, then click on the down arrow for "Local Storage" on the left side, select the file:// storage and delete all the save data.

FAQ

Q. Why does the autosave plugin command not work?

A. Make sure the Enable Autosave plugin Parameter is set to true.

Q. Why is the screenshot image of the autosave all black with no picture?

A. If you are fading the screen or doing other types of visual changes when running the autosave plugin command, the screenshot will capture the overall image at that specific time. Be sure to set a wait command if needed before running the autosave command.

Changelog

-Version 1.03: Added Warning Select Width parameter for custom prompt selector width.

Fixed not being able to override Scene_Prompt and Window_Prompt from other scripts.

-Version 1.02: Added Warning Prompt Width parameter for custom prompt width.

-Version 1.01: Fixed a bug that caused the load warning to display when loading from the main menu.
  Fixed a bug that allowed autosave to trigger when loading the autosave file from the main menu.

-Version 1.00: Plugin completed.

Known Issues

-Autosave : Autosave will fail if the map contains an event that has a movement route set to move itself. This is because it contains a reference to itself, which breaks the JsonEx.stringify call in the DataManager.saveGameWithoutRescue method.

FIX: Use the autonomous movement, or another event's movement route to move the event as needed.

Latest RMMV Version Tested

Bug Reporting

Please submit any bugs you find in the plugin to this forum post. And, if you have a suggestion for a plugin feature, feel free to post it here. Thank you for your support, and happy gaming!

Terms of Use & Disclaimer

-This plugin may be used for commercial or non-commercial use, as long as the script file remains unaltered. Credit to JavaHut is optional.

-JavaHut cannot be held responsible for any damages that may occur from using this plugin in your project. You agree to use this plugin with the acknowledgment that bugs may be present and cause issues within the project that contains it. Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hi JavaHut, thank you for the awesome script! I'm just stuck with one thing!

I've been trying to find the 'cursor rect' or 'window selectable' for Window_Prompt because my menu was appearing like this and I want to make the rect shorter:

I was wondering which line is it located? ;w;

JavaHut

JavaHut
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The rectangle shows up based on the largest text, which in your case would be "Are you sure you want to replace this memory?". If I can figure out a way to have the text wrap around to another line for smaller boxes, I will add an option to set the box size to whatever you need it to be. Thanks for the feedback :).

Hi JavaHut, thank you for the awesome script! I'm just stuck with one thing!

I've been trying to find the 'cursor rect' or 'window selectable' for Window_Prompt because my menu was appearing like this and I want to make the rect shorter:

The new version 1.02 now has the parameter Warning Prompt Width that allows you to set a custom prompt width for the warnings. If set to 0 it will use the longest text (either the message or the OK or Cancel options) as the prompt width. If set to too small of a value for the text, the text will shrink to fit after attempting to wrap the text to a new line. Let me know if it works for you and if you find any bugs. Thanks!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
@JavaHut Thank you so much and I like the new feature! There's only one problem.

The one I was inquiring about is Window_Selectable (I honestly have no idea the JS equivalent but probably CursorRect). Maybe the Prompt Text should be separate from the choices? ;;;

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's _cursorRect in the Window.prototype in rpg_core. There is a setCursorRect function that will probably interest you. Window_Selectable.prototype.updateCursor in rpg_windows is what probably needs to be edited (overwritten, super'd, or added in to the custom window class).

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
That's _cursorRect in the Window.prototype in rpg_core. There is a setCursorRect function that will probably interest you. Window_Selectable.prototype.updateCursor in rpg_windows is what probably needs to be edited (or overwritten, or super'd).
Thank you! I figured that was the case but I'll get through it again.

@JavaHut I've been trying my hardest to alias the Scene Prompt window so I don't have to edit your script to add a background sprite, make the windows opacity 0 or change some stuff probably. But I keep getting Uncaught Reference Error whenever I open Scene_Prompt window. I also tried the imported method, complete overwrite, etc. and none of them are working. Do you have any suggestions? 

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Archeia This should allow you to change the size of the cursor rect :

Window_Prompt.prototype.updateCursor = function() {
var rect = this.itemRect(this._index);
this.setCursorRect(rect.x + 50, rect.y, rect.width - 100, rect.height);
};

Just change the plus and minus of x and the width (width should always be double of x).

JavaHut

JavaHut
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been trying my hardest to alias the Scene Prompt window so I don't have to edit your script to add a background sprite, make the windows opacity 0 or change some stuff probably. But I keep getting Uncaught Reference Error whenever I open Scene_Prompt window. I also tried the imported method, complete overwrite, etc. and none of them are working. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for your feedback. The new 1.03 version has fixed the issue with not being able to override Scene_Prompt and Window_Prompt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flaminguex