Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As the title suggests, I am trying to find a way to use JS for Skill names. Basically, I need the name of a skill to chance depending on certain factors. Is this possible? I don't care what the solution is, whether it's via a plugin, hardcoding, or what have you. I just really need this functionality somehow...thx!

Johnny_Ray

Also known as Toby Yasha
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well...it would certainly help to know what these factors are.
And if it's something you can trigger with a plugin command or if it's more automatic.
Is this combat exclusive and if so what happens after the combat is over, does it revert back to normal?

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's just for my stat allocation system. For example, the "Boost Strength" skill shown below is simply a "dummy" skill that exists simply to show a description of what the Strength stat does in detail. When a player "learns" this skill, a common event is run that essentially increases the player's stat accordingly. As in, the actual stat-boosting effect is totally separate from the "Boost Strength" skill itself. The number of times the player has boosted a stat is saved in a variable. I want to use said variable to change the name of the "Boost Strength" skill. Like, if the player has 5 points spent in "Boost Strength", I want the skill name to be "Boost Strength (+5)" or something to that effect. I tried using the WAY_EvalText plugin and put "Boost Strength (+${$gameParty.menuActor()._Strength})" in the skill's name field, but it's showing up as pure text instead of being parsed as JS.

1653813733446.png

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ATT_Turan was able to solve this in another thread.
Hmm, looks like that only allows for escape codes, not JS. The issue I have with using v[#] is that I would need a separate variable for each actor. Also, it wouldn't be able to discern which actor to reference. But I'll give it a shot anyway...maybe I can think of some kind of convoluted workaround, lol.

Anastasius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, looks like that only allows for escape codes, not JS. The issue I have with using v[#] is that I would need a separate variable for each actor. Also, it wouldn't be able to discern which actor to reference. But I'll give it a shot anyway...maybe I can think of some kind of convoluted workaround, lol.
I'm not yet very familiar with scenes and windows so I'm not yet confident enough to reverse engineer that plugin's codes. (I haven't tested it either. :kaoswt2:)
But since you're familiar with using $gameParty.menuActor() I'm sure you can think of something. :kaojoy:
The other poster in that thread seemed to have come up with something.
Sorry, I'd like to help you more but as mentioned I'm a complete noob when it comes to scenes and windows. :kaocry:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1656550526125.png
Town Design is the best part of an RPG. Well, that and dungeon design
I think that this forum's member posts should include their Phone Number and Social Insurance Number.
My PC just broke with everything I've been working on, on it. I can't afford to replace it. Life is just wonderful....
More musics! Praise be to the winter towns!
i've had the ace attorney investigation theme stuck in my head ever since i woke up TT__TT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leafstock