HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, that's what I'm testing with. Sorry, I could replicate your problem by deliberately passing a "null" (read: nonexistent) skill into drawNonDualSkillCost, confirming my original hunch about what's happening... but I have no clue as to why it's getting a bad skill from where I'm sitting.

Is this the only dualtech your actor has learned? And are you sure every other skill they have learned is valid? (Like, and I'm just making a suggestion here, you didn't teach the actor skill #189 and then reduced the skill list to 170 or something like that?) EDIT: No, if it's going to DrawComponentSkillCost, that last one doesn't seem likely.

Vapor0907

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah both the skills necessary are valid skills. And this is the only deultech the actor’s learned.

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm continuing this in a private conversation. I only have one idea what might have caused it at this point - and it's a long shot.

Vapor0907

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Worked like a charm!

Thank you so much, and I’m sorry for taking up so much of your time.

Crxstxan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, sorry for my bad english, I speak Spanish.
When a battle ends before executing the combined technique in the next battle, the character waits forever unless another character makes a combined technique that includes that actor.
Another mistake I have is that sometimes a random error comes out that takes me out of the game and only happens with your plugin but I don't understand why it happens.
Thanks in advance.

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please provide some more information. What battle system are you using? Which version of the plugin do you have?

Last edited:

Krindlekrist

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As keen as I would be to use this system, I imagine this isn't compatible with OTB battle system by Olivia?

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OTB?

Anyway, it should be compatible with ALL battle systems that use the same skill system as the default, though I can't vouch for every single one. However, linked turns are only compatible with SOME battle systems, all of them by Yanfly - linked turns cannot even be used by the default battle system without a Yanfly plugin to alter its behavior. (I used to have a plugin patch that allowed linked turns with Ellye's ATB system, but even if I knew where it was it's incredibly out of date.)

Crxstxan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
use yep_battleenginecore and yep_battlesysatb in its latest versions and jay_dualtechs 3.1.2 place your plugin as low as possible.
the first mistake is:
error 1.png

107/5000

The bar as I said before is waiting until someone does another technique combined with that character.
From the second error I don't have a photo because it happens randomly.
PD: I use a lot of plugins but yours is the only one that gives me errors and I don't want to have to eliminate the combined techniques of my game :c

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While it's something, that's still not enough information. Describe for me how the dualtechs for Homer are set up and which character used it when this bug happened? And if you get errors, what is the error? Due to the way code works, it's possible that the error is actually somewhere else but gets reported in my plugin - or that it's due to various plugins interacting in funny ways. (I'm not denying responsibility; I'm just saying that I don't have enough details to even know that I'm at fault.) The more information, the easier it will be to sort out what went wrong.

Final_zero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Ive been looking and cant find this anywhere but My skills both cost 100Tp However I want my dualtech to
Cost something dfifferent. Aka I would love it if my two characters only used 50 tp to cast this skill.

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would recommend either setting the dualtech as a component to itself (with a 50 TP cost) or using different components (they can be hidden from the player.) There is no functionality currently in place to override skill costs for the sake of the dualtech (and it is unlikely to happen; skill costs can be more than MP and TP via other plugins. This plugin accounts for that, but being able to modify skill costs could be really obnoxious and interfere with other plugins.)

Crxstxan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
maybe with a video my mistake is better understood

zelanius

Everyman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi HeroicJay, I left some messages on errors I found in itch.io forum, but there was no responses on the possible bugs I found, so am trying my luck here. Understand though, that you might be quite busy, but I just thought posting here might help to get your attention to check the itch.io forum. Thanks!

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And there's nothing I can do about it without more information than that. Just by looking at what the error is and where it occurred, my best guess would be that there's a dualtech trying to refer to a component skill that does not actually exist, but with just the one screenshot that's really the best guess I can provide.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any chance of a new version for this? It's not quite what I was looking for but is similar enough that I might be able to use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Gennady" Gen na Dee reptiloid scientist
I wonder how well Procedural Map generation would work in RPG Maker MZ... Well, only one way to find out! Hehe!
A new VA has joined the "Beyond the Mirror" team... I can't wait to start working on battle voices in the engine now.
Well bad reviews r making me rather annoyed today.
Ami
--- F.Mage Cooking Part 2 ---

F.Knight: Chef isn't here at this moment,he goes back into his Hometown to celebrating the Halloween with them.
F.Fighter: That too bad. I can't taste his dish until 3-5 days.
F.Mage: Then Leave it to me,i can make a Special Dishes for our Team in Halloween! (Rushes Into The Kitchen)
F.Knight & F.Fighter: (Screaming) YAMEROOO!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacorimo