HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm, I am seeing the issue with skill cost display length that I had before the Yanfly updates (even though I thought Unconnected fixed that), but functionally speaking everything seems fine when I test it. Without more info or those screenshots, I'm at a loss.

EDIT: Oh, ha ha, I know why I'm seeing the skill cost display length issue! It's because Unconnected is relying on a return value from a higher drawSkillCost, but the base engine doesn't have that, and my dummy project doesn't have SkillCore (which does) installed. I guess if you always use Unconnected's plugin and mine with SkillCore, it works fine.

In other words: display problem should go away if SkillCore is installed.

But since I don't know exactly what Radis3D's problem is, I'm afraid that's all I can say. Again, basic functionality works.

FURTHER EDIT: LOL, but my own known bug is actually more broken than I thought! I didn't think the base engine would allow for -1 items, but according to the "Ammunition" display, that's exactly what I wound up with when I made the combined cost too high. Yeah, I'm already on fixing that.

Hm, now how to simulate paying for a skill without actually doing it? Just doing a clone of $gameParty doesn't seem to do it...

UPDATE: This "global cost" issue has me kind of stumped. I feel like there should be an easy solution that just isn't hitting me, but it just isn't hitting me. The update to 1.0.5c is just a minor bug fix for a couple of triple tech scenarios that have nothing to do with the global cost issue.

For now, just don't have the same global costs for multiple parts of a dualtech (which is to say, don't have multiple characters spend the same item for parts of the same dualtech - they can spend completely different items without issue, just not the same.) I'll try to think this through harder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unconnected42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
About the problem of being able to perform dual skill even if there is not enough to pay for the two actors, I realized there is a thing that you should be aware of: the case of equipment ammunition is actually tricky, because among the number of ammo there is one that is actually equipped, and therefore belongs solely to the actor equipped with it !

This notably means that if equip ammo costs are kept to one unity per actor, there is no risk that the problem you are talking about will arise.

Item ammo and costs higher than 1 for equips are still concerned.

Well, anyway, you will have to take into account the one equipped ammo when dealing with the equip ammos when solving that.

(maybe you have realized the fact already, but when I remember the headaches I got from that when writing my plug-in, I prefer to warn you just in case)

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hm, I am seeing the issue with skill cost display length that I had before the Yanfly updates (even though I thought Unconnected fixed that), but functionally speaking everything seems fine when I test it. Without more info or those screenshots, I'm at a loss.

EDIT: Oh, ha ha, I know why I'm seeing the skill cost display length issue! It's because Unconnected is relying on a return value from a higher drawSkillCost, but the base engine doesn't have that, and my dummy project doesn't have SkillCore (which does) installed. I guess if you always use Unconnected's plugin and mine with SkillCore, it works fine.

In other words: display problem should go away if SkillCore is installed.

But since I don't know exactly what Radis3D's problem is, I'm afraid that's all I can say. Again, basic functionality works.

FURTHER EDIT: LOL, but my own known bug is actually more broken than I thought! I didn't think the base engine would allow for -1 items, but according to the "Ammunition" display, that's exactly what I wound up with when I made the combined cost too high. Yeah, I'm already on fixing that.

Hm, now how to simulate paying for a skill without actually doing it? Just doing a clone of $gameParty doesn't seem to do it...

UPDATE: This "global cost" issue has me kind of stumped. I feel like there should be an easy solution that just isn't hitting me, but it just isn't hitting me. The update to 1.0.5c is just a minor bug fix for a couple of triple tech scenarios that have nothing to do with the global cost issue.

For now, just don't have the same global costs for multiple parts of a dualtech (which is to say, don't have multiple characters spend the same item for parts of the same dualtech - they can spend completely different items without issue, just not the same.) I'll try to think this through harder.
yay, finally it's fixed.. thank you very much :3

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Excuse me

Sorry if i disturbing you..

I know scripting not easy

I just wondering n curious, if this plugin can skip next actor that tagged in dual tech?

So actor A n actor B will use same turn when use dual tech skill

I hope u can understand what i mean.. :')

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do understand what you mean. It's been mentioned a time or two in the topic already. The plugin doesn't do that yet, but yeah, it's a planned feature. I was focusing more on clearing away the bugs and simpler issues first, compounded with the fact that Yanfly is releasing an alternate battle system, and turn skipping may be easier with that (though, yes, I could try making it compatible with Ellye's instead).

Speaking of bugs, I do have a possible solution to the negative items issue, though it's kind of based on the honor system (or the game-developer-isn't-lazy system): define a restriction (not a cost) on the skill that could be parsed with "eval". So if character 1 is using a 4-Bullet "Quadshot" and character 2 is using a 5-Bullet "Quintshot", then the dualtech "Novashot" would have, as a written-in restriction, a 9-bullet requirement, and if you don't have the 9 bullets on hand, it just isn't available. But this is user-defined; you could make it a 12-bullet or 3-potion or "Hat is equipped" requirement, as illogical and not-exactly-helpful as those restrictions would be. It's not the ideal solution, but at least it's a solution I know I could get working. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Yanfly or someone already had a plugin that did that.

Oh, yeah, and the moderators on this forum kinda frown on double-posting. Just an FYI.

Xamos

Xamos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just wanted to say... I love you.

Awesome script though, simple and yet so so so very useful.

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I really like what I saw in your demonstration I will try to add it to my project. Though I am using many if not all Yanfly Plugins hopefully I can put yours in the right place so it would work. Also is there a way to seel skills if you don't have the proper characters in the party? In my project you have one main character and then a bunch in reserve so the party can be changed so how would I set that up where the skill is sealed if you don't have both in the battle party?

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have a question. Theoretically, if this works with Yanfly's battlecore and the action sequences, couldn't you make it so that if the 1st actor uses the dual-tech ability, the 2nd character gets a hidden "stunned' state upon use of the ability so that you can't use the dual-tech ability back-to-back in a battle, and this will make it so that both members use up their turn? (PS - I'm not using the ATB, so this is probably easier to accomplish)

I'm considering using this plug-in, but before I get too involved, I wanted to know what the limitations are.

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tigrean: That should already happen. Didn't you see the example in the first post where Marsha "forgot to bring her Therese"?

Fernyfer: Actually, I think that would be easier with ATB than without. I haven't played around much with turn skipping since upgrading to MV (I actually tried it that way in VX Ace, but had issues getting it to work right.) When I get back around to messing around with this plugin, I'll look into it.

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Tigrean: That should already happen. Didn't you see the example in the first post where Marsha "forgot to bring her Therese"?

Fernyfer: Actually, I think that would be easier with ATB than without. I haven't played around much with turn skipping since upgrading to MV (I actually tried it that way in VX Ace, but had issues getting it to work right.) When I get back around to messing around with this plugin, I'll look into it.
Nope that's good then. I saw the Demo on Yanfly MOE that was when I was like "This is cool and would be a great gimmick for this project since my previous one I'm waiting for Yami Guardian system for MV." So far my projects I try to have some sort of massive extra so it can be different from the normal RPG.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the reply. I will mess around with the plug-in and then give you my feedback. Thank you for creating this. It's a pretty sweet idea that brings a lot of fun to an rpg! :)

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I saw the Demo on Yanfly MOE
Whoa, I didn't even know that existed!! Not complaining though. :)

I will say the demo is a little off, though - he says C initiates the skill and D is the other person - actually, it's just that C is whoever is defined first in the <Dual> tag and D is whoever is defined second; A is the initiator of the skill, and there is no specific identifier for "whoever didn't initiate the skill".

Also, it does not matter in the slightest whether you call it "icon.js" or "icons.js" or "ThisIsAPluginThatAddsIconsToCharacters.awesome.js" or "billybobjoe.js". Just saying. :p  Heck, there are other ways to do the icons, which is why it's not part of the main plugin.

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm, instant actions with applied one-turn paralysis. That's a clever way to do it I never considered!

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah, the only problem with it is that the abilities are already somewhat OP, and then adding the "instant" tag to them only adds to that. But whatevs, gotta do what you gotta do! :p

Thanks again for the plug-in, it's pretty fun coming up with these combos.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah, the only problem with it is that the abilities are already somewhat OP, and then adding the "instant" tag to them only adds to that. But whatevs, gotta do what you gotta do! :p

Thanks again for the plug-in, it's pretty fun coming up with these combos.
How did you get the combined actors faces/portraits to show next to the skill in the skill menu? Mine only says the actors names.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The author gives you the instructions on the bottom of the original post. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SupJ