nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have to say I am impress how you sucess to implement dual technic when ...we think that's BattleLog message are super hardcoded (if you can notice battle message are a important structure of the battle flow and it's horrible to edit)

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Jay,

I hope you see this right away I just added the dual tech script and set a dual tech up and placed it in Special skill section and when i went to use one of the skills required for the tech the whole list was empty did I mess something up? Let me know please, thanks. Also look at all my saved and all the special skills are gone and I turned off your two plug-ins and look again and they are empty.

Edit2: Ok same issue starting a new game as well, I'm stumped.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
?

There's no reason my plugin should be affecting other skills or making them disappear from the database. You did remember to click "OK" or "Apply" from the database and not "Close" or "Cancel", right? Are the default skills there? Screenshots perhaps?

Or are they disappearing from the tech list but still in the database? You weren't clear. Either way, screenshots of the skills in the database would help a lot, and perhaps a list of what other plugins you're using.

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
?

There's no reason my plugin should be affecting other skills or making them disappear from the database. You did remember to click "OK" or "Apply" from the database and not "Close" or "Cancel", right? Are the default skills there? Screenshots perhaps?

Or are they disappearing from the tech list but still in the database? You weren't clear. Either way, screenshots of the skills in the database would help a lot, and perhaps a list of what other plugins you're using.
Sorry you are right I wasn't clear they disappeared from the list in game all skills are still in the database.

I feel stupid I guess I forgot to go into the updated plug-ins from yanfly so the version changes took effect, I feel so stupid, though where should the dual skill be in the list of plug-ins?

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The dualtech plugin should be after every plugin that modifies skill cost, or the display of skill cost. So after Skill Core, for instance.

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The dualtech plugin should be after every plugin that modifies skill cost, or the display of skill cost. So after Skill Core, for instance.
Ok cool then I have it in the right place I have it last under the skill core plug-in, group.

Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
I could use the dual and triple , but i can not operate the actor Icon only is the actor's name in skill as it has in the examples above what is it doing to wrong someone could help me ?

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to make an extra plugin for the icons. I tell you how to make a plugin like that at the bottom of the post; it's really simple if you only want one icon per actor for the entire game.

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Jay,

Hate to bug you again but I tried the code for the Icons but for some odd reason they are not showing up in the skill. Is it because I'm using a saved game to test it? Because I have no Idea why it isn't working for me? I'm not even getting the names so the Plug-in is working half way for me.

Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
Jay,

Hate to bug you again but I tried the code for the Icons but for some odd reason they are not showing up in the skill. Is it because I'm using a saved game to test it? Because I have no Idea why it isn't working for me?
If this plugin Game_Actor.prototype.icon = function () {

if ( . this.actor () meta.icon ) return Number ( this.actor () meta.icon . ) ; else return 0;

} B

I already did, I put the code < icon : x> in the actor's note even more so is the name of the actors and not the icon ...

I rolled with it

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Joao: That code snippet you posted is not correct. There are periods in weird places, and then places where there should be periods but aren't. And there's a random B. And "If this plugin"... it isn't clear if that's part of the code (it shouldn't be) or something you were trying to say.

As for Tigrean, I'm afraid I don't have enough information to say what the problem is.

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ok Well I will post the code I have, should be correct because it is a copy and past from what you posted, I will also give a screen shot where I have in the list of codes as well as what it looks like in the game. Here is the code I used:

Game_Actor.prototype.icon = function() {
  if (this.actor().meta.icon) return Number(this.actor().meta.icon); else return 0;
}

[/uR

Edit: Here is the note tag as well I used

Dual%20Tech%203_zpsxvezvnik.png

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lowercase I in "icon" in the note tag.

(I would also recommend displaying your Skills window differently - be it a wider window, limiting to one skill per row, a better font, or whatever - because of that text collision. That's not you doing anything WRONG per se, but that long skill name and long skill cost are pretty obviously colliding.)

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Lowercase I in "icon" in the note tag.

(I would also recommend displaying your Skills window differently - be it a wider window, limiting to one skill per row, a better font, or whatever - because of that text collision. That's not you doing anything WRONG per se, but that long skill name and long skill cost are pretty obviously colliding.)
Sounds good I'll have to look in Yanfly's script to see how to do that.

Edit: Stupid syntax, lol, thanks it is working now Jay.

Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
I finally managed to bring up the icon of the actor , but he appears on top of the cost of the skill mp, is to move more icons to the left and free of the MP numbers ?

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finally managed to bring up the icon of the actor , but he appears on top of the cost of the skill mp, is to move more icons to the left and free of the MP numbers ?
Can I assume you are using Yanfly's Skill Core? If so, update it to the newest version; that little graphical hiccup only happens with the old versions. If you're using SkillCooldowns, update that one too.

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Jay,

Got a quick question I noticed that many of the demos of dual tech does wait for the other actor to have an action to and then uses the dual tech as the action on both characters. How do you set that up in the game?

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which demos are you talking about? The only demo I saw do anything close to that was Fernyfer's, which actually had the skills be instant-cast and put a paralyzing status effect on both actors to prevent the other character's movement.

It's a planned feature whenever I get around to it, but I haven't written it yet.

If you are talking about the animations, they used Yanfly's Skill Animation plugins.

Tigrean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Which demos are you talking about? The only demo I saw do anything close to that was Fernyfer's, which actually had the skills be instant-cast and put a paralyzing status effect on both actors to prevent the other character's movement.

It's a planned feature whenever I get around to it, but I haven't written it yet.

If you are talking about the animations, they used Yanfly's Skill Animation plugins.
Well the one demo on Yanfly's channel by Driftwood I thought did this but I guess I was mistaken he kind of camouflage it and it look like it spent both character's attacks but it didn't. I'm looking forward to when you actually add this possibility then. Also thanks for your prompted responses you are great.

Aidensmercy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
I have no issues with this plugin, work beautifully.

I do have a kinda request though, I use ellye's ATB plugin, and it works fine, but when i use the dual tech, the partner isn't effected, they can still take their turn as well, even use the same dual tech at the same time.

So, if it is at all possible, could you make this more compatible with ellye's ATB plugin, make it so when one of the two people use it, the other stops and starts casting also, and make both people step forward and use it, then both start the ATB gauge back over. 

I just think it would make this plugin a little more realistic, and I REALLY want to use this plugin.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D
So Facebook fraudulently took money from me. They even went through my PayPal accounts to find a card that had the money on it. Thinking about deleting my Facebook account because this doesn't happen on twitter, not even close.
Today the 2nd part of the RPGMakergame "A Thief's voyage" came out.

Go show DutchPowerCreations some love.
love it when you forget to put a certain thing in the movement route and suddenly a character starts spinning at 10000 rpm
I'm sorry. I have a bad feeling I've been manic the past couple of days. Antidepressants have only been making things worse somehow -- too drowsy to function, followed by insomnia. Why not making me go crazy to boot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xWildSlicerx