ZackNH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a post about this 2 weeks ago, one of my issues was fixed, but my main ones were never resolved. I tried bumping the post, but it was ignored, probably because people just assumed that the problem had already been taken care of, or that someone else was already resolving it. No one else posted on it for 12 days, so I thought it was safe to make a new one.
---

Events can't see me when I stand directly in front of them. They have a cone of vision, and I can be seen anywhere inside it, except for straight down the middle. For some reason, I'm invisible to them there, no matter what direction they face. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's some fault in the script.

During my previous post, Sixth pointed out some errors in the script that were causing crashes when terrain tags and regions were being set, so I changed the suggested lines, which worked. So the script is slightly modified from the original, but my original problem consists before and after. I haven't made any changes to it myself because I know very little about writing scripts.

q4pqJDf.png

Here are some examples. There are no terrain tags or regions, but even when there are, it changes nothing.

Hgwm304.png
qTT3wjF.png
V3pnutj.png
RlWuPqz.png
19Pbz9d.png

My 2nd problem is how sometimes standing next to a wall makes you undetectable
dUG4ND3.png

RH0p38u.png

ScCDYb0.png

7OeuFo1.png

zXBWm8F.png

XAUIgw2.png

okzjkpV.png

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If the original issue was not solved, then you bump it. If no one comments on it, then no one has a solution or has worked on it. You may have to ask someone in particular to attempt to fix it or pay a script writer to make a patch.

ZackNH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the original issue was not solved, then you bump it. If no one comments on it, then no one has a solution or has worked on it. You may have to ask someone in particular to attempt to fix it or pay a script writer to make a patch.

That's incredibly unfortunate. I got the script from a 2012 post, and the guy who wrote it hasn't been on these forums since Jan 2016 according to his profile. I suppose I'll just have to find a different one.

I can see it being a tad unreasonable to ask someone to look over the entirety of someone else's script just because one rando asked them to.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's what some of the shops are for (if you're willing to pay for the fix)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My hand hurts from holding the pen for so many hours none stop...:kaocry:
Froggo32 wrote on Soulrender's profile.
I have to ask, who's on your pfp? The character really reminds me of Edgeworth from Ace Attorney lol. I'm really curious.

I'm trying to port L10nMV.js into XP, may probably (because this is my toy project in hobby) coming to XP, VX, VXA.

Learn more about L10nMV.js : https://github.com/Creta5164/L10nMV.js
L10nMV.js forum post : https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...r-game-without-modifying-your-project.120813/
Here's a gif of the reflection. Ace has some pretty cool sprite effects.
cYtUgp8.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaos_Prince87