PsychoJack

Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I'm in need of help on how to get this to work on RPG Maker MV. This mechanic is called the Jewl system, and it should work like this:
Characters have a jewl slot. If a jewl is equipped on a party member, they will get a certain magic skill type depending on the jewl itself. Characters can then learn skills of that magic type at the cost of gem points, which can be won from enemies, or given to you by magic minerals spread
Throughout Terra.
Players can then choose which spells to "keep," ,allowing the specific member to still be able to use the spell regardless if they have the corresponding Jewel equipped, with the maximum amount of spells increasing every 10 levels.
Now I have Yanfly's skill Learn System & Job points to help with the learning portion, However, the problem is I don't know how the spells can be kept. That along with the fact that I don't want the player to lose any "progress" they had upon unepuipping a jewl and when I tried said learning portion the spells don't show up at all regardless of what I put in notes. Can someone help? Please?

LVGames

Welcome to Sword Swinging Super Slashers®
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah yes you are refurring to the Materia System Plugin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone have advice for recruiting friends to bugtest with you? I had some buddies volunteer without me asking, and we agreed on dates and times... and they all just flaked...
A mousefolk sprite I made, I think I did good.
Discovering math. functions for damage formulas was one of the greatest things for me.
It's very useful for balancing skills to work in a variety of possible circumstances.
For example if you have a skill that is supposed to work for both mages and warriors:
Code:
Math.max(a.atk * 2 - b.def, a.mat * 2 - b.mdf)
SpaceX: First-ever successful (manned) commercial spaceflight!! In these terrible and self-sabotaging times for the world, that's a ray of excitement and hope I needed badly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abhikhurana