Jianghu Action Battle System

Krizzirk

Dojo Cleaner
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My apology if this matter has been brought forward. Can a 2d character fight against and be retaliated by pseudo3d model, like in martial art sequence and choreography?? As you may know. All the perish and parry, pursuit, withdraw, hoodwink strike, end. I've never played any of the AAA action mmorpg off mobile. On smartphone though, well, still the same. What really happening is just players and monsters rampaging against each other.

Emphasising more (edit), it goes with it's own different or mutual collision combat graphic

Last edited:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A bit confused - are you asking about a certain game-making engine's ability to pit 2D models against 3D ones?

Krizzirk

Dojo Cleaner
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry for my poor wording.
Hmm how do I put this.
Imagine Blade and Soul MMORPG.
Like that.
But our precision would be so accurate that movements Branch out, and movements Branch in

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You basically want hitboxes as fine and detailed as the unit's limbs... That sounds highly unlikely in any RPG Maker game. But check Cross Engine out. Maybe it's what you're looking for, but I doubt it.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ooh, I like Blade and Soul. So you're asking whether 2D character graphics can work in a 3D space?

Unfortunately, RPG Maker (and some other game engines, such as GameMaker and Construct) are designed for 2D, and while you might be able to force some graphics into an ugly-ish 3D, you won't be able to create an actual 3D play space.

I think that what games like Blade & Soul usually do are to create and use 3D character models, and then render them into 2D anime-like characters while the game is running using something called Shaders.

Shaders are a special type of processing that runs on your graphics card rather than your main CPU, and can be used to very quickly create and manipulate graphical effects. Shaders are supported by most good 3D engines - I believe that Unity, Unreal Engine, and Lumberyard all have shader support, for example.

One very popular type of Shader that can give your graphics a heavy-outline, stylized "anime" look (similar to Blade and Soul) is known as a Cel Shading shader. Whichever 3D engine you decide to go with, search their asset stores and see if you can find a Cel Shading shader (or Cel Shader) that you can buy instead of having to program one yourself (because it's not easy!).

Krizzirk

Dojo Cleaner
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Frostorm I think this could do the job, the most one for now. Thanks!

@Wavelength
Yes. And all about what you said is educating ring me so true. I'm also dreaming of making somethings which have their features combined, something like combination between Cabal Online, Ragnarok Online, Wakfu, Blade and Soul, Pirate King Online, and Dofus.

Edit. We can make one of the few first steps to get there, by making passability camera rotation by the warpers plausible.

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Krizzirk Wow, it's so interesting to see what other people aspire to base their games on. If your's is:
"Cabal Online, Ragnarok Online, Wakfu, Blade and Soul, Pirate King Online, and Dofus"

Then my game would be a combination of:
Final Fantasy Tactics, Golden Sun, Divinity Original Sin, Disgaea, & Fire Emblem

Krizzirk

Dojo Cleaner
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As, yes, well, I was servaying my creativenses. :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Another two plugins done! One being an on map grid inventory.
busy with my newborn child, can't even touch pc at all ;_;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
napax