solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Somehow, all the mails, at some point in my game are doubled. I still don't know how it happen. If someone get the same problem, advise me so we can find a clue together.

Is it possible it is because i created the Mail_Test.json (or Test_Mail.json) with the same content from mail.json?

Thank you!

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sakurahan01

I've been tempted with the idea of being able to write mail for my own game (that's why I made this plugin in the first place haha), but that might need to be in a separate plugin, or an extention of this one.

@Yoshifull 

I fixed the issue where the game crashes if you have no mail. It worked at one point, but recent updates must have broke it. I'll post the fix soon.

As for the resolution change, I made it so that the scene will be horizontally-centered on the screen. Let me know how this looks for you(see image below).

@solaris1111

Try using a blank Test_Mail.json file. Let me know what's going on with that so that I may make any needed changes(I honestly don't know why it would double in the circumstance, unless it's something from the source code itself).

Update to 1.6!

• Fixed bug where mailbox doesn't open when there is no mail.
  • Updated code to center the mail scene on bigger resolution.

Please, keep the comments and bug-finding coming! 

JK Mail.PNG

Sakurahan01

Sakurahan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Pirobi     Alright :D I cant wate to see the extension looking foreword to it ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi Pirobi, i started a new game with an empty test_mail.json in the game/data/  same thing, at some point in the game, the mail is doubling :/

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Pirobi, i started a new game with an empty test_mail.json in the game/data/  same thing, at some point in the game, the mail is doubling :/

I'm starting to look into this more @solaris1111 ...when you say doubling, what do you mean? Is the mail in the json doubling, or is the mail in the mailbox when you run the game double?

Also, what exactly are you doing to reproduce this? Do you save a game and then continue playing? Do you need to run the battle test to see this?

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I'm sorry i don't know when exactly it doubles, but i know it do not happen with one of your plugin command. Since i don't have a save game just before i'll need to start a new game again. I'll do that later.

For the json, the mails inside are not doubled. The test_mail.json is 100% empty. 

UPDATE:

Ok i found something that might help you. I took the save game with the doubled mail (2x ID6 mail). When i save, log out of the game (return to main menu instead of quit) and return to the save game, there is now 4x ID6 mail.  So there is something happening that re-insert all the mail in the game that are already there. 

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update to 1.7!

~ Fixes/Changes ~

• Mail was doubling when loading a previously saved game (let me know if this continues to be a problem! Thanks to @solaris1111 for helping me find the issue!)
  • Mail is now considered "read" when you press W(default) to move the cursor to the mail window, as opposed to placing the cursor over the mail title.
  • JK Mail Editor Updates:

JK Mail Editor will now automatically find the Mail.json file in your game project, or create one if it's not there.
  • The editor must be placed in your project's root directory, or else it will give you a message saying it can't open!
  • Removed the options to "Open" and "Save As" as a result

~ New Feature - Mail Triggers~

Now, you can trigger "events" upon reading a message! You can use triggers to turn a switch on upon reading a message, set a variable, call a common event, or even perform a script call! Each message can only have 1 trigger at a time.

Your messages in the Mail.json file must be edited as follows (this is done for you if you use the JK Mail Editor tool):

"trigger":"1,2,3"

Where 1 is the type of trigger you want to perform:
 s to set a switch. If the switch is off, it will turn on, and vice versa.
 v to set a variable. It will OVERWRITE the previous value.
 c to run a common event.
 j to run a script call.
 Put any other value to have no trigger.

And 2 will have a different function depending on 1:
 For switches, variables, or common events, 2 will be the index
 (FOR VARIABLES, 3 represents the value to set the variable at index 2,
  and is NOT used for any other value of 1)
 For a script call, 2 will be the script itself

EXAMPLE:
        "trigger":"j,$gameVariables.setValue(1,4);" <- This is using the script call to set variable 1 to the value 4
        "trigger":"v,1,4" <- this is doing the same as above

"trigger":"s,45" <- this is setting switch 45. If it was OFF, it will now be ON. If it was ON, it will now be OFF.

"trigger":"c, 9" <- this calls common event 9. Note that it will NOT run until you exit the mail window.

"trigger":"0" <- this does nothing

NOTE: If you add the same mail more than once, or are in a situation where
the same message will be in the "unread" state more than once, the trigger
WILL run again! This might be addressed in a future update if needed.

In addition, triggers will NOT activate until you exit the mail scene!

The mail editor has been updated to allow for trigger-setting by placing a new tab in the bottom-right hand side of the editor window.

As always, please keep the feedback coming!

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Update to 1.7!

~ Fixes/Changes ~

• Mail was doubling when loading a previously saved game (let me know if this continues to be a problem! Thanks to @solaris1111 for helping me find the issue!)

It's a pleasure! Glad i could help! Thank you for the fix!

konohananiji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really love this plugin! It gave me so many new gameplay ideas, especially since I'm making a crime investigation game. :)  It reminds me of the Phone Trigger system in Steins Gate (dunno if you know this game, though it has a really brilliant anime adaption), where you use text messages or phone calls to progress the game (with your new 'event trigger' feature, I think the same system can be reproduced). The Phone Trigger can also be used to send and receive images and music files that the player can collect over the course of the game, kinda like your 'attachment' feature (which is so awesome).

However, I'm wondering if it's possible to turn off the auto line break in the editor, and let me add my own line breaks? I use a different resolution and font from the default, so the line breaks really mess up my text. I had to edit the .json file directly (manually deleting all line breaks and putting my own), but if I open the editor even once it messes it all up again. D:

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update to 1.75!

Hotfix updates:

• Fixed issue where Mail Scene was lagging
  • Changed mail scene controls from Q/E to Left/Right to switch between the mail window and list window.

@konohananiji don't worry, I'm looking into the line breaking!

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New in the forum. Sorry If I am in the wrong place

I received the message "Syntax error: unexpected Number" :(

View attachment 44689

Are you using the JK Mail plugin in your game when you get that error? If not, you might want to go look for one of the Yanfly topics :(  

Drogazy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Are you using the JK Mail plugin in your game when you get that error? If not, you might want to go look for one of the Yanfly topics :(  

no, i am not using this plugin. I started the project again. I Lost other things too when I was trying to fix. But no problem, now the project will get  better.

Thanks anyway.

I tried to create a Adventurer's guild system. But it was so hard to make the guys appear, disappear, appear again...Have you ever tried?

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I realized there was an issue in the script where the header was copied more than once. I fixed it now!

Sakurahan01

Sakurahan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I realized there was an issue in the script where the header was copied more than once. I fixed it now!

Will we be able to get more than one item set over through the mail, for example, (Item)A cooking book, and (Item)cooking tool kit, Chef Knife(weapon) I can't find your latest plugin update. do you have a link to the download? Are we now able to send mail to NPCs :)  

Sakurahan01

Sakurahan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

I redownloaded your demo with its updated plugin. I noticed a problem When I copied over the Mailbox plugin from your demo file and re-added in all the note commands in the plugin its self: Test1, Test2  for all the rows.  When I pressed to apply the plugin won't register the changes. All the mail box in the plugins rows disappear and it resets its self. So far the only command that seems to work is the script call 

SceneManager.push(Scene_Mail) 

all the other plugin calls such as 

MailBoxOpen 0  etc don't seem to be working. D: I followed the instruction in the demo and I even copied over some events to see if it would work but so far it's not working D: 

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will we be able to get more than one item set over through the mail, for example, (Item)A cooking book, and (Item)cooking tool kit, Chef Knife(weapon) I can't find your latest plugin update. do you have a link to the download? Are we now able to send mail to NPCs :)  

I'll see what I can do about multiple items! As for sending mail, I have not looked into that yet :(

I redownloaded your demo with its updated plugin. I noticed a problem When I copied over the Mailbox plugin from your demo file and re-added in all the note commands in the plugin its self: Test1, Test2  for all the rows.  When I pressed to apply the plugin won't register the changes. All the mail box in the plugins rows disappear and it resets its self. So far the only command that seems to work is the script call 

SceneManager.push(Scene_Mail) 

all the other plugin calls such as 

MailBoxOpen 0  etc don't seem to be working. D: I followed the instruction in the demo and I even copied over some events to see if it would work but so far it's not working D: 

You get this error when you copy the plugin into our own project? This sounds like an issue with copying the file. I was able to copy my plugin into a brand-new project and it works fine.

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
~Update to 1.8!~

Mainly just fixes here. MailAdd id box1 box2 . . . was actually adding the message to ALL boxes. I updated that so it properly adds to only the specified boxes. If there are any issues, please let me know!

Also, I updated MailAddAll so that you can specify more than one message to add to every mailbox. Mainly for ease and to reduce the number of MailAddAll calls you would have needed if you needed to add multiple messages to every box.

Resolution compatibility is still on the list of things to add, but I don't foresee doing it before the summer when I have more time!

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Pirobi Perfectly!
Really nice work!

But a few things, is it possible to determine translation for "subject" "unread message" and the other standard visible words via the parameters?

And the trigger appears if you read the message, thats okay, but you can take the attachment without trigger :D also the message is "unread" but you already have the attachment. Thats quite wierd xD
I thinks its better, if you only can take the attachment when you already press 'left' to go into the message. Then the trigger appears and now you are able to catch the attachment.

Hope you understand :)

Last edited:

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
And i always get an error if i write a few things in your editor.
The editor crashs and delete the whole Mail.json !!! :kaoback:

Here is the error log and a screenshot

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
bei JKMailEditor.JKMessageCollection.FormatMessageForJSON(String message)
bei JKMailEditor.JKMessageCollection.ConvertCollectionToArray()
bei JKMailEditor.DriverProgram.SaveFile(String FileName)
bei JKMailEditor.Form1.saveToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
JKMailEditor
Assembly-Version: 1.7.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.7.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///F:/Mega/Aktuelle/Aktuelles_MV/JKMailEditor.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll.
System.Runtime.Serialization
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll.
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll.
System.Data
Win32-Version: 4.6.1636.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll.
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

Attachments

• Unbenannt2.PNG
    Unbenannt2.PNG
    55 KB · Views: 12

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...
I don't really have any neat updates today about how I screwed up programming... But if you want to observe the intensenes of me programming, then you can check out my stream :)
New Weapons.gif
No more spam from me today, I promise! Just wanted to upload this, people have been giving me feedback that my weapon sprites (which were RTP) clashed badly with my battlers for ages, so today I finally took the plunge and updated them! Really happy with how they came out :D :D
So Facebook fraudulently took money from me. They even went through my PayPal accounts to find a card that had the money on it. Thinking about deleting my Facebook account because this doesn't happen on twitter, not even close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varghn