JK Mail System

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Pirobi, Feb 16, 2016.

1. suryaansh

suryaansh Villager Member

First Language:
    Hindi
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ok i will try

2. suryaansh

suryaansh Villager Member

First Language:
    Hindi
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    oops! yes, it still continues

3. Pirobi

Pirobi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Just wanted to give an update that I'm still working on the issues you have discovered, don't worry, and I appreciate the video as it helps me in reproducing your issue. Hope to get something working soon!

Also, I wanted to point out that at the moment, it seems like Mac support for the Mail Editor seems to not be possible at the moment, due to the framework used to create it :( Will do further investigation to seek alternatives for Mac compatibility!

Please bear with us as we sort out these issues! And please continue to provide feedback regarding the plugin itself!

4. kiyomihana

kiyomihana Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there any way to add a picture in it like the one here has a image in the upper left.
    [​IMG]?

5. Pirobi

Pirobi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yes, we can definitely take a look at implementing it!

styx92 likes this.
  6. kiyomihana

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That would help me a TON! XD I just made post about a mailing system in my project, the character sending the mail would have their face plate show (Instead of Mistral's obviously lol)

7. styx92

styx92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Yeah! I would like this a lot.
    I use it as a quest board and so i can create some wanted quests with images of the bad guy :biggrin:

8. kiyomihana

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That would be a actual kool idea for a board, if it would help with keeping people updated on whats changed in game if you are only testing things.

9. kiyomihana

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Also wanna ask, is there a way to make it that someone gets a alert in one map and must go to another map to check it?

10. styx92

styx92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Do you mean, you get an window that says 'you have got a message'
    And than the player have to go to a mailbox?
    Than of course. You have to trigger the new message as well and so can trigger the message box too.

11. kiyomihana

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, Once in awhile there is a event that will finish and you will see "New Message" in the upper right corner and you must go to your "Desktop" in game *Meaning another map* and check your mail. (It helps with progress with the game).

12. Pirobi

Pirobi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @kiyomihana so sorry for the delay, but I did finally get something working with adding a portrait to the message! There were quite a few things I had to think about in terms of a design (use picture vs faces, how to represent this selection in the editor, etc.), but attached is what I have so far:

I ended up using the actor faces and sort of mimic how the game messages are using them, and I also had to reduce the size to something that won't distort the message but still be viewable.

I believe the way I will implement this in the editor is to simply specify the faces filename and the index. Only one face per mail, and it will only show up at the beginning/first page of the message(though it's not too much of a hassle to always have the face appear, in my opinion it makes better sense to keep it with the header).

Again, sorry for the delay - I will do my best to get something working!

Attached Files:

13. Pirobi

Pirobi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    ~Update to 2.3~

• Added ability to include an avatar to show at the top of the message. Right now you can only select a portrait from the img/faces folder (for ease of use since the message text uses the same process).
    • Editor updates and optimizations
    • Small optimizations to help with various issues that have been reported. Please continue to let me know if there is anything wrong!
    We are still looking into trying to port the Mail Editor to Mac. It's written using WPF and C#, which isn't the most portable :(

14. NikkiKaji

NikkiKaji Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello, I absolutely love this plugin, and it works very well with the game i'm creating. I had a question about the mail window: I'm using MOG's menu background and menu particles, but when I load the mail window through the menu, the background doesnt appear. I've tested it with other custom command menus, but it works fine on those. Is there a way to insert a custom background for the mail window too?

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      424.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      768.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      138.1 KB
      Views:
  15. Randy

Randy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I can answer this question.

This has more to do with MOG's menu background plugin. It only applies to the class for menus (Scene_MenuBase). There's ways to override it... By changing the class to override the Parent class, but it's going to apply to EVERY scene and possibly window in the game. So it will also appear in shop menus, save menus, options menus, any other plugins that use any type of windows, and possibly battle menus.

I know that there's a few functions that MOG didn't create aliases for in the particle menu plugin, so it won't properly override classes... Which means placing it after menu plugins will completely destroy the original class, AND any additional functions that have created aliases.

JK mail system also creates a child class of Scene_MenuBase so it might be possible to easily get the effect by placing MOG's plugins before this one, but there's no promise there. You might have to get someone to manually go in and change how MOG deals with menus.

16. Pirobi

Pirobi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    To this end, it may be possible for me to implement my own background images, but it'd be much more convenient if the MOG plugin took care of it. I believe I have those plugins somewhere on my desktop, so I could start toying around with it and my own to see what happens.

17. SoSick.

SoSick. Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Pirobi thankyou so much for this plugin! didnt know i needed this until this morning lol would love also to be able to add a custom background image if possible in the future! :D ( also use mog background plugin )

18. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I found 2 issues, when reading the mail, you can select the 1st 3 lines and on the next page, when moving up or down, it stays
    on the 1st line after.
    upload_2019-8-4_11-6-34.png

Also this is a bug in the editor which is easy to use, but the misc and some buttons are off.
    upload_2019-8-4_11-7-46.png

If you are able to fix them, than can use it for the Quest Editor to keep a reminder on them what to do :)

other than that, great plugin.

19. Pirobi

Pirobi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

The first bug you mention isn't really a bug but more to do with how the message is being drawn on the screen. It's a multi select with 3 options - the Title, the Author, and the Message. All 3 "options" appear on the first page because all are present. Every page afterwards only contains the message, hence why only one "option".

That said, that has been bothering me for a while. The way I want to handle that is to make the selection invisible while the scrolling option is disabled. The problem with this is there's no indication that you're in the window...maybe try to limit the selection to one?

For the second one, will take a look into it. Could you let me know your screen resolution?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  20. Pirobi

Pirobi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @SoSick. @Randy @NikkiKaji

Sorry for such a late status update, but I did find a way to get around how MOG is doing their menus. I created another level of inheritance by introducing a Scene_MailBase (like how the Item Window does it). Attached is the finished product, using the default image in MOG's demo project. I think it's a little silly, but at least my plugin would be following the conventions of the other windows haha...

I'll try to get a new version pushed out soon! I have my plugin coming AFTER MOG's plugins in the plugin list.

Note: I haven't noticed the particle system working on the scene yet - might take a look at that as well and see what's up.

Attached Files:

SoSick. likes this.