ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pirobi any changes lately on the editor? or figure out the issue that might be the cause of it?
if not, than I just keep on using it though while the functions works correctly.

if there is a new update, I download it anyway, also I wonder why the variable dont update
when it should work if you add +1 variable.

katoriina

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is a wonderful plugin! It has served me well for quite some time- but I've run into an issue that I can't quite identify. I downloaded the new version and I am now met with an "undefined is not a function" error anytime I try to open the mail scene, even from the main menu. I tried to replicate the problem in a new project, but everything worked fine. I thought it may be another plugin causing the problem, but I replicated my game's plugin list in the new project (right down to the order of the plugins), everything still worked. I'm not sure what the problem is here.

Image1.png

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a wonderful plugin! It has served me well for quite some time- but I've run into an issue that I can't quite identify. I downloaded the new version and I am now met with an "undefined is not a function" error anytime I try to open the mail scene, even from the main menu. I tried to replicate the problem in a new project, but everything worked fine. I thought it may be another plugin causing the problem, but I replicated my game's plugin list in the new project (right down to the order of the plugins), everything still worked. I'm not sure what the problem is here.

View attachment 149907
Thanks for your support! The only thing I can think of us, is the main scripts in your old project the same version as your new one? There may be a version mismatch between projects. Try copying the scripts from your new project into your old one (so things like rpg_windows, rpg_objects, etc. As well as the pixel stuff) and let me know how that goes!

@Pirobi any changes lately on the editor? or figure out the issue that might be the cause of it?
if not, than I just keep on using it though while the functions works correctly.

if there is a new update, I download it anyway, also I wonder why the variable dont update
when it should work if you add +1 variable.
Still trying to figure out what could possibly be wrong...

katoriina

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your support! The only thing I can think of us, is the main scripts in your old project the same version as your new one? There may be a version mismatch between projects. Try copying the scripts from your new project into your old one (so things like rpg_windows, rpg_objects, etc. As well as the pixel stuff) and let me know how that goes!
Yep, that seemed to do the trick! Silly me. xD Thank you so much! And thanks again for such a fantastic plugin! The changes are absolutely incredible!

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yep, that seemed to do the trick! Silly me. xD Thank you so much! And thanks again for such a fantastic plugin! The changes are absolutely incredible!
Good to know it worked!

On that note, I should probably include a version dependency now because of the issue. Do you know what version your old scripts came from so I can correlate it with any rpg maker mv updates (I've been out on the loop on patch notes and stuff)

katoriina

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
On that note, I should probably include a version dependency now because of the issue. Do you know what version your old scripts came from so I can correlate it with any rpg maker mv updates (I've been out on the loop on patch notes and stuff)
Turns out they were quite old- I believe they were version 1.4.0.

YizuzG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good to know it worked!

(First of all, hello, and sorry for my bad English haha)

Hi! I've been testing this plugin and it's excellent, only, as it happens to @katoriina, I have the problem of old "rpg_ .js", but when I replace them the game stops opening (the program does)

(this error appears with the files of my project (it is an old version, 1.3.4))

Attachments

spec3

blep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, very indepth! Very cool!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@YizuzG its work nicely on 1.5.x and higher, not lower.
its best if you update your project behind 15.x though.

YizuzG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@YizuzG its work nicely on 1.5.x and higher, not lower.
its best if you update your project behind 15.x though.
If I update, is it possible that some plugins stop working? because I change the files to a new version and the game doesn't open

YizuzG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get this error, what can it be?

Attachments

YizuzG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
solved! it was a problem with the index.html and the "libs" folder

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
mostly it doesn't if the plugin is written nicely for byond 1.3.x, but stops after 1.5.x.
so sometimes you need to replace those plugins for similair or better with the same
feature.

not only that can cause errors, but compability issue.
either that, if shifting plugins in a better order doesn't work :)

but it can also be a typo in a scriptcall which has to be checked first.

But im happy you got it to work :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who knew a adding menu commands would be so hard for something that should be a basic feature.
When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erasure2