ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pirobi any changes lately on the editor? or figure out the issue that might be the cause of it?
if not, than I just keep on using it though while the functions works correctly.

if there is a new update, I download it anyway, also I wonder why the variable dont update
when it should work if you add +1 variable.

katoriina

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is a wonderful plugin! It has served me well for quite some time- but I've run into an issue that I can't quite identify. I downloaded the new version and I am now met with an "undefined is not a function" error anytime I try to open the mail scene, even from the main menu. I tried to replicate the problem in a new project, but everything worked fine. I thought it may be another plugin causing the problem, but I replicated my game's plugin list in the new project (right down to the order of the plugins), everything still worked. I'm not sure what the problem is here.

Image1.png

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a wonderful plugin! It has served me well for quite some time- but I've run into an issue that I can't quite identify. I downloaded the new version and I am now met with an "undefined is not a function" error anytime I try to open the mail scene, even from the main menu. I tried to replicate the problem in a new project, but everything worked fine. I thought it may be another plugin causing the problem, but I replicated my game's plugin list in the new project (right down to the order of the plugins), everything still worked. I'm not sure what the problem is here.

View attachment 149907
Thanks for your support! The only thing I can think of us, is the main scripts in your old project the same version as your new one? There may be a version mismatch between projects. Try copying the scripts from your new project into your old one (so things like rpg_windows, rpg_objects, etc. As well as the pixel stuff) and let me know how that goes!

@Pirobi any changes lately on the editor? or figure out the issue that might be the cause of it?
if not, than I just keep on using it though while the functions works correctly.

if there is a new update, I download it anyway, also I wonder why the variable dont update
when it should work if you add +1 variable.
Still trying to figure out what could possibly be wrong...

katoriina

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your support! The only thing I can think of us, is the main scripts in your old project the same version as your new one? There may be a version mismatch between projects. Try copying the scripts from your new project into your old one (so things like rpg_windows, rpg_objects, etc. As well as the pixel stuff) and let me know how that goes!
Yep, that seemed to do the trick! Silly me. xD Thank you so much! And thanks again for such a fantastic plugin! The changes are absolutely incredible!

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yep, that seemed to do the trick! Silly me. xD Thank you so much! And thanks again for such a fantastic plugin! The changes are absolutely incredible!
Good to know it worked!

On that note, I should probably include a version dependency now because of the issue. Do you know what version your old scripts came from so I can correlate it with any rpg maker mv updates (I've been out on the loop on patch notes and stuff)

katoriina

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
On that note, I should probably include a version dependency now because of the issue. Do you know what version your old scripts came from so I can correlate it with any rpg maker mv updates (I've been out on the loop on patch notes and stuff)
Turns out they were quite old- I believe they were version 1.4.0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I always thought I was just really, really bad at communication, then the internet proceeds to say "lol no".
Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.
Yay! My new Doomsday machine..... er... "Heroic" machine is ready!
//pushes button :LZSexcite:
Uh oh what's that rumbling?!
// Game explodes :kaoback:
That's the fourth time this week! :kaolivid:
// Gets to work building next "Heroic" Machine. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavieLR