Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The editor was placed in the main project folder. I’m using Windows 10 and I’m guessing the most up to date version of MV (had to redownload it on Thursday)

One thing I hadn’t checked when I posted this, I was also unable to launch the game itself. I got an error that was something to do with the json file not having a defined end, or something like that?

Will try redownloading the plugin and editor later.
So it seems like the issue is your mail.json file is not formatted correctly. You should grab the one from the demo as your base

yoluko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So it seems like the issue is your mail.json file is not formatted correctly. You should grab the one from the demo as your base
Thanks, that worked! However, I did run into some other problems. When I tried to delete a message in editor, it came up with a similar error message and crashed. (Of course, the solution is to edit the messages in the editor, rather than delete them, but thought I'd mention it.)

Secondly, and it's not really a problem with this plugin, but I'm getting a really annoying conflict with Yanfly's Message Core. Basically, with that plugin enabled only half of the message appears. I thought it might have been limited by the number of message rows, but using the message row plugin command from the Yanfly plugin to expand it didn't work. *sigh* It's not like I built every cutscene up to know with the Message Core functionality, not at all...

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@yoluko there are oher plugins that has a conflict with YEP_Message core,
I dont know if things are overwritten or how it changed things.

similair has happen to an achievement plugin I like alot, this is fixed,
but that fix might also work here (depending how it's made), for now,
you can turn of the message core if not using the extension pack of it.
until a fix is been made.

there is no way around it unless he made the fix, so if you are in early game,
you can do that and turn it on when the fix is made for the message core.

Pirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, that worked! However, I did run into some other problems. When I tried to delete a message in editor, it came up with a similar error message and crashed. (Of course, the solution is to edit the messages in the editor, rather than delete them, but thought I'd mention it.)

Secondly, and it's not really a problem with this plugin, but I'm getting a really annoying conflict with Yanfly's Message Core. Basically, with that plugin enabled only half of the message appears. I thought it might have been limited by the number of message rows, but using the message row plugin command from the Yanfly plugin to expand it didn't work. *sigh* It's not like I built every cutscene up to know with the Message Core functionality, not at all...
Were working on a new version of the editor so hopefully that first problem will go away. Sorry for the inconvenience!

In my own game I use yanfly message core and do not have an issue with the messages in the way you are describing. Could you send me a zip of your game (or a reproducible example) so I can take a look?

yoluko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Were working on a new version of the editor so hopefully that first problem will go away. Sorry for the inconvenience!

In my own game I use yanfly message core and do not have an issue with the messages in the way you are describing. Could you send me a zip of your game (or a reproducible example) so I can take a look?
My mistake, I was still using YED Worswrap as well, which was where the conflict was

TWU_Games

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I'm having some issues binding this to the main menu via Yanfy's Main Menu Manager. The binding is proper, but I don't have the symbol.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TWU_Games symbol is mostly the same as the name you use, as long
it is unique.

Name: "Mailbox"
Symbol: mailbox

or

Name: "MailBird"
Symbol: mailbird

and so on, so no problems, as long it match and in lowercase (and not used
else where in your game).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I should probably step away from the sparkles... but they're soooooooo shiny! :kaoswt:

Anyway stuff of note:
New interface.
The puzzle pieces now a build a puzzle in the upper right corner.
The Nihil is represented by the line with skulls. That represents where the map no longer exists at the moment.
MarcheBeoulve1 wrote on amerk's profile.
What the hell's up with your Profile Pic!
It's so cursed
Why is parallexing so time-consuming? Ive been at it for 8hrs and i havent even finished the map yet :/
It seems MogHunter Twitter is back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi_there