JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm hours away from taking the JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) N2 and I'm not sure if I'll pass it or not but I've been studying for quite a while so I'm hoping I get a pass if not a good mark on the test. Has anyone taken the test before? It's my first time and so I'm quite nervous/excited.

NoahB

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm still a beginner in Japanese but I'll be taking this test in the future too. Good luck!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yep, I did when I was studying in Japan. Passed it too. Like an idiot though, I forgot to download the degree. :aswt:

Good luck! Hope everything went well :)

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It was difficult. I'm honestly not sure if I passed it or not but I'm hoping for a good outcome.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You took the test already? I thought it wouldn't be until this Saturday...? Is this your first time taking it?

I took it last year, too. It was for N3, and sadly I didn't pass. The listening part was the most difficult part for me. But that showed me how behind I was, even after getting my BA in university. I am still studying for N3, but I failed to register for this year's test in time so I hope I'll pass N2 next year, somehow. XD Maybe I'll ask you for help some time. XP j/k

But hey, passing or failing isn't important. What's more important is how strong your language skill is. If you barely pass, but your fluency still isn't great, then it'd just be pointless. Is this for your job resume or you just wanna test your level?

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hope you passed; I know how difficult it is. Regardless of the turnout, well done for even comitting to it.

I considered studying for JLPT4 when I lived in Japan, and started to make an effort, but I realised soon that while I was able to "get by", I was never going to reach naturalistic fluency.

JPlaysan

知識は力なり
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a chance that I didn't do too well on it since I found it to be rather difficult. I'm hoping that I passed and if I did I'm going to be really glad.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png
On another more gaming topic, I paid 20 bucks for a visual novel to emotionally destroy me. I may write an entry about that.
1638611395177.png
Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
Mod name: "[Game name] Gameplay Overhaul"
What they actually mean: "Here is a mod that makes the game harder."
I decided to reinstall one of my most favourite game of all times, Gothic 2. Time to get back to Khorinis!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ianarts