Halcy0n

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I'm trying to create a job mechanic in my game; you have a set shift at a store. Depending on what time the player shows up to work, they're rewarded with more gold/bonuses for each hour they're there. When they clock in for work, it fades out and skips time to the end of their shift. For whatever reason, I cannot get it to run as intended. Can anyone look over my eventing and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Feel free to ask for any clarifications. I'm using Moghunter's time system for MZ.

Attachments

• job code.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 3

jerrypylant

Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It seems like all the If hour variable = x statements do the same thing.
I also dont see a condition of the hour variable is 13.

If they are all the same you can make it simple like this

◆If:Hour Variable ≥ 6
◆If:Hour Variable ≤ 15
◆Comment:This will happen

:End

Also at some you have it
◆Jump to Label:19
but there doesnt seem to be a label named "19"

If you want him to just be able to go to work between hours 6 and 15 you can do this
This also has a check to see if you have the employment card.

◆If:Party has Employee Keycard
◆Comment:Has Employment Card
◆If:Hour Variable ≥ 6
◆If:Hour Variable ≤ 15
◆Comment:Working Hours
◆Comment:Add what happens when you can work

:Else
◆Comment:Can't Work right now

:Else
◆Comment:You dont work here

If statements will work if you meet the conditions then it will do the next thing after the conditional statement contents.

If/Else statements will work if you meet the conditions but do something else if you do not meet them

Last edited:

Halcy0n

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, I will try to re-work it. There do seem to be a few glaring human errors there. Thank you! If anyone else has any input/suggestions, I'd be more than glad to hear them!

jerrypylant

Eventer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you want you can message me, with what exactly you want to happen and i'll try to help as best i can to get it working for you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's a shame that Selection Control will not be ported to MZ. I found a neat way of using it to enable ways for tanks to protect squishies. lol
Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ven_0