Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have tried to look around for it, even blue-squrriel (sorry, kept forgot how to memorize your name, xP ) posted sticky thread for a master list.
But no luck in end.

No, I don't really mean to use ACTOR levels, I mean the CLASS itself... Such as Final Fantasy 3 (100%) and Dragon Quest 6 (90%, used stars, instead, that go up to 8, maxed, but have hidden EXP to level up though) (and 9, kinda) itself. The more job-level, the stronger effect its class (either stats and its ability (Like, JobLv99 Thief let you steal rare item more easier than common... JobLv99 Warrior dealt even-more damage than JobLv1 would, like this; "ATK + (JobLv*3)" )).
Sure, that may sound like each class can even give exclusive skills to level-learn like normal method but this time it only affect to class-level, not actor-level?

I have tried to look Yanfly's mostly but it seems that he either forgot or skipped this part out. =(
Do anybody know where can I find this kind of plugin that could work? Thanks for try to help me. :)

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can do something like this using subclasses and disabling the class change to keep the base stats and keep the subclasse change to be the Jobs.

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am sorry, kovak, but I have failed to find the meaning to use subclasses while lock the changing? I asked for Job LEVEL, not "changing"...? Also to include using its own level in the damage / chance formula...? Sure, i should do "Lunatic mode" things but the truth, I am not good at this language, so I may be out of league to do it so.

As I posted previously, I would like to use this unique string in the formula to make it work. Sure, using Variables could be but not so sure how to call it as well as how to increase its number "properly" (like, gain enough job-exp to job-level up)?

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, think about the Class itself as the Character's level and the Subclass and the Job's level.
You remove the option to change class cuz the class itself is what determines you base attributes and the Subclass is what determines the Job attributes.

But to use the "job's" level in the damage formula you'll need to use a lunatic mode of Yep Damage Core in a custom formula.

You'd need to use actor.classLevel(actor._subclasse) in the formula to archieve what you need.

Last edited:

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh okay, I will see what I can do with that soon.

Guess i am not that good at "lunatic" mode, =(
But alright. I will try my best to do that... May want to have a quick-preview step-by-step for a beginner like me. I mean, I know what lunatic mode is, actually... Just more like, how to write it down properly.

But that raise me a new question; how can I write to show players the "job level: actor.classLevel(actor._subclasse)" in the status window?

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright.
*after looked this link* I don't think that's the one I want... In fact, it's completely off-topic for my plugin request. I am not looking for "Main Menu Customization" thing.

BUT...
Just after looked his "Class Change Core" plugin, I just started to notice "Class Level" there. I am not so sure if this "level" is actually actor's level itself OR the class itself... But I highly suspect that it's really actor's though. Just because it's the way to UNLOCK, not "to level Class-level up".

I also asked for "Job LEVEL", not POINTS.
More like this example below.
Harold, the guy who looks like a warrior / knight...
He is at "Level 35" (MAINLY as in Actor-level)
Freelancer (Class #1) Lv25 (as in "Job Level" and below too)
Warrior (Class #2) Lv90
Wizard (#3) Lv15
Healer (#4) Lv40

When Harold uses Heal magic while his class is Warrior, not Healer, his heal amount WOULD be weak due to Warrior's low Resistance (Magic Defense as default... Let's say his mdf would be like 50) but will be made up by Healer's job level, like this...
Heal = a.mdf * 2 + (#4-Level * 2)
Without Healer Level be any higher (which in this case, Healer Lv1), 102 HP restored which is horrible heal job for higher-HP warrior like Harold himself... but if you include Healer-JobLevel, it will be like this as 100 + (40 * 2) as 180... Sure, almost same but at least it's little better than Healer Lv1 though. Should Healer be Lv99, it will be like this. 100 + (99 * 2) = 298 HP restored.
Now, if we want Harold to attack with a warrior / knight skill, which will take Warrior Level's benefit, I would use something like this.
Damage = a.atk * 4 + (#1-Level * 3) - b.def * 2
Let's say with his ATK be 100 and enemy's DEF be 40; It will be like this...
(100 * 4) + (90 * 3) - (40 * 2) > 400 + 270 - 80 = 590 damage.
No warrior level (as removed "Level * 3" piece off) = 320 damage

See how much difference between the job level affect the formula and no job level?

Basically, I would like to have "Class Level", not "Level to UNLOCK class" or "Actor Level".

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's actually the default behavior in MV. By default, all actors have only class levels, not actor levels. So if you changed someone from a level 99 Mage to a Warrior, they will drop back to level 1 unless you change something in the engine.

I think what you want is Yanfly's Job Class Plug-in, as what you are describing is exactly what the plug in does. Try it and make sure to set it to *not* retain levels. If you do that, then you should have only class levels and no actor levels.

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh really?
I didn't notice that. =O
In fact, I have not test-run like this yet. Just have trouble to progress is all.
So... take that example from yours, will change back to Mage afterward will be returned to Lv99 instead Lv1? If so, that's good thing... only except one thing - How can I call a string of the SPECIFIC class level in the formula? Is there something I have overlooked like that?

Oh, by the way, I am so sorry for overlook that one.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It should change you back. Test it and see.

As for accessing it, you should be able to do it via a javascript command. I've done it with a.level in the damage formula, as the only level it lets you access is the current assigned class.

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I will do that soon enough. Thank you.

So I can't access any "other" class-level in it if one have learned some non-current classes (as in "subclass" / secondary-class ones)? =( Guess that blows my future project out...

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No need to remind me - I already know we are not allowed to double-post but pretty sure that post have been "read" and will not be "unread" if i do edit that post after a little while though. =P But I promise it's just only this time.

Ahem...
Wait a minute... I have recalled something from someone on Youtube (probably Driftwood or something), about how to sync class levels, so that they will not lose their hard-work levels or whatever...
What if I use this method with the class variables to copy each hero's each class' level and use THOSE variables? Unless there is actually a way to call the variable for "own hero", like "a.variable()" or something, in the damage formula (pretty sure I have to use Yanfly's Damage Core since there will be few heroes than just only one) if you know what I mean?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I honestly have no idea about that, as I don't use that feature in my game (all I've used is the idea of class levels and changing in a side project to see how it worked). All I can suggest is try it and see what happens, and if it fails, post under Plug-in Support.

Jachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sign Language
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright. Sorry for asking around without give it a try.
Will do if it fails. Thank you for your help.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
NP. I'll close this one for now, if you decide you need a different plugin after trying it, let us know, but please also state what it is lacking as specifically as you can, as everyone under the sun will probably try to refer you back to it.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Introducing the premium bagel
I have a micro economics midterm tomorrow. I'm not worried.
Should be a...small exam :kaojoy:
While was working on one of the monsters that will appear in my horor game I may have made harold a Lovecraftian monster. (I used his head to keep things aligned.)
Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ricansuave