Joe P's Weird Warehouse *Updated 2/28/17!*

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by palinskyjoe, Oct 26, 2016.

1. palinskyjoe

palinskyjoe affable madman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm a super amateur pixel dabbler and I'm looking to grow my abilities. I make these resources for the community to share whatever I concoct, though I admit they pale in comparison to some of the gorgeous work available on these boards.

Though I don't have a workshop page (yet...), I am more than happy to take requests if anyone is interested in working alongside someone who is learning. PM me and we can work out something. :awink:

Now, of course, for terms!

Credit: Joe P
    Non-Commercial: free, free, free.
    Commercial: free, but I'd love to be notified so I can check out your awesome work :D
    Repost: Reposts are fine as long as they link back to me/give proper credit/whatever
    Edits: Please edit as much as you'd like!
    Repost of Edits: Yes indeed! Show the world your edits! Credit for the source is preferred but if you forget I'm not going to hunt you down.
    Maker Required: These are made for use in RMMV, as that's the system I own/use. The sprite/SV_actor templates are used for a vast majority of my little human dudes. Original creations are also formatted for use in MV but I would also not be opposed to anyone using them in the other makers. I believe adjustments would be needed to make it all work? Go nuts.

Feedback is always appreciated, as I am still trying to understand pixels and the way they do their collective thang.

[​IMG] SPRITES [​IMG]
    Anthro Dude Base

[​IMG]
    Elephant Dude Template

[​IMG]

Elephants Wearing Various Armors

[​IMG]

Fun Mod Pack (will be taken down and reworked but wanted to keep it up until I find the time to finish the edits)

[​IMG]

Space Gloop

[​IMG]

NPC Ladies
    [​IMG]

NPC w/Glasses and Scarf (kind of?)
    [​IMG]
    Goblin Template
    [​IMG]

SV Battlers
    Space Gloop Battler
    [​IMG]

Green Shirt Bro (from Funky Mod Pack #1 in the sprite section)

[​IMG]

FACES
    Note: I am really bad at faces still. So I'm limiting this section to what I know I can handle. If you want to try to make faces for some of these sprites PLEASE do. <3
    Space Goop Face
    [​IMG]

RTP Edits/Additions
    Note: Terms & Conditions for this section follow the official terms/conditions for the RMMV RTP as the material is all edited from/based on RTP materials. Must own a legal copy to use/etc/etc/etc
    People2_1
    [​IMG]

UPDATE LOG [[Newest to Oldest]]:

February 28th, 2017: Added big nosed goblin base

February 19th, 2017: Added a SV actor for the RTP People2_1 character

February 7th & 10th: Added some NPC sprites. Also added back missing resources. Almost done with that!

February 3rd, 2017: Started restructuring post for the new forum layout.

December 5th, 2016: Added some Elephant People sprites!

December 5th, 2016: Updated Funky Mod Character Sheet with 4 new sprites

November 26th, 2016: Added a Sprite Sheet for some fun new characters in development.

November 20th, 2016: Added Sprite, SV Actor and Face for Funky Mod Dude

November 3rd, 2016: Added SV Actor and face for Gloop sprite!

November 1st, 2016: Added SV Actor for a lil' turtle guy.

October 27th, 2016: Added some weird alien gloops and a space potato.

October 25th 2016: Initial post with Turtle sprite and 2 different furry friend sprites.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. Izeck

Izeck Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Those are so awesome! Keep up the good work.

palinskyjoe likes this.
  3. palinskyjoe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks @Izeck! I appreciate the encouragement :D

Hey, all! There's an update here! You might have wondered how the little anthro dudes were fitting of a "weird warehouse" and, you know what, you'd have been right!

To tip the scales in the favor of weird, I added some weird space gloops:

View attachment 50811  ((gloopy, glooby, gloo))

And this comic-book-inspired space potato:

View attachment 50810  ((lookit him/her/it go!))

The additions are in the initial post so go check 'em out, leave some love/hate/indifference, and happy game making! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2016
    SkySurfer likes this.
  4. palinskyjoe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    New month, new update! 

Figured I might as well make one of my sprites a bit more useful by creating a SV Actor for it!

Added to the initial post, and included here for you guys to check out. Enjoy! More SVs coming soon, as well as lots of other fun treats. 

TurtleSVShell.png

Andronius likes this.
  5. waz

waz Veteran Veteran

Nicee. I could definitely use your characters in my game now that they have battlers :D

palinskyjoe likes this.
  6. Wookiee420

Wookiee420 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    loving your sprites and that battler (be interested in seeing the other characters too..wink wink nudge nudge) I will be following for your doodads too :)

7. palinskyjoe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @waz -- thanks! As someone who loved scouring these boards for resources, I know how exciting it can be to find a complete set of sprite/sv/face and I'm slowly working my resources to be totally complete in those regards :D

@Wookiee420 -- thanks dude! I'm actually working on SV battlers for all the sprites I've submitted thus far and the doodads will be up as soon as I have a set that's worth posting (soon, I promise!)

Annnnnd that brings us to the new update!!

In sticking with the idea of completing sets for sprites, I attempted creating an original SV battler and face for one of my little space gloops! 

GloopFace.png

GloopSV.png

These guys have been added to the initial post, and hopefully this will be fun for anyone looking to use this gloop as an enemy/friend!!

I didn't bother with changing the colors to fit the other sprites (with the sprites I made the eyes a separate layer for editing purposes, but I forgot to do that with the battler and I don't honestly feel like putting that work in at the moment) but if anyone REALLY wants one of the other gloop things in another color just PM me and I'll make it happen for you. Cause I think you're great. Even though I don't know you! :D

waz and Wookiee420 like this.
  8. palinskyjoe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks like its time for an update! I've been slowly working on my pixel art over the course of the past month, and though things like elections and engagements have slowed me down, I think I'm making some neat progress.

So I present, the first part of what I plan on making into a full pack. Funky Modern Folks! For those situations when you want to add some hip people into your party for fun and fighting. 

Right now I've got one character. But he has a battler AND a face! WHAT?! I know!

This is my first attempt at really making a human character from (almost) scratch. I used the RM templates for bodies, and took advantage of some of the AMAZING alternate poses by @whtdragon in this beautiful topic to make my little guy more dynamic. 

Obviously, things aren't perfect, but I'm learning. As always, I would love any input on how to hone this skill. I write for a living, and I work best when editors work with me to get my writing to a publishable level. It's how I learn and grow as a writer. And I'd love the chance to do that with my pixel art. My background in visual arts is a bit limited, but I do know a bunch of the basic things and have done graphic design/cartooning. But pixel art is a new beast for me!

Anyway, that's enough from me, here's this dude:

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  9. palinskyjoe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    *little trumpet fanfare*

Hello again, folks!

Today's update is small but fun. I have 4 characters (three new) to add into the mix. At the moment, I'm in the "spriting" stage of developing my free pack. Battlers for all of these characters (and previous characters I've posted) will be on their way soon. Now that the Powers That Be in all their glory have given us a Kids tab in the generator, it will be MUCH easier for someone like me to get the proportions of shorter characters correct when working on SV actors.

Anyway, here's a lil' sheet with the four characters I've designed for my little fun free pack thus far. Hoping to have everything for the pack (doodads included!) done before Christmas to give ya'll a bit of holiday cheer.  The plan is a full set of 8 characters w/ faces and battlers, a bunch of random doodads, and whatever else I can come up with to round out the experience.

Feedback encouraged! And I'm sending love and good game-making-vibes to everyone out there. :)

CharSheet01.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
    GrandmaDeb likes this.
  10. palinskyjoe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

I've completed the full sheet of sprites that I want to work with for my funky fun free pack and here it is to share!

Right now we're working with:

Cat Dude

Little Tyke

Funky Modern Woman

Funky Modern Man #1

Funky Modern Man #2

Bird Person (without an outfit... so could be used as a template?)

Lady With Cool Hat

Aging Superhero Unmasked

Or whatever names you want to call them. I'm slowly working on battlers and I hope to get better at it so that I can move at a faster pace. I know there are plenty of errors with my pixel(ing?) and I am always open to hear about ways to improve! If you dig what I do, hooray! If not, no harm. I do the art as a sort of therapy for my brain/soul/etc. and I like to share on these boards because I've learned so much from so many :)

Blah blah blah, here are some funky sprites! :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    LxCharon and SkySurfer like this.
  11. SkySurfer

SkySurfer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    ` This topic just got better and better! Nice Unique Sprites!  :thumbsup-left: :rwink:

palinskyjoe likes this.
  12. Vin Coffee Artist

Vin Coffee Artist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Looking forward for more awesomeness from you!!! It's always great to see people complete their resources.  :cutesmile:

13. palinskyjoe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @SkySurfer & @Vin Coffee Artist thanks for the kindness :D glad you're digging what i'm tossing out here

Got a fun little update for today. Turns out, creating SV battlers can consume a lot of time when you do not have the skills to expedite the process.

SO, I'm (temporarily) putting a hiatus on releasing SVs/faces for the characters that I've created and focusing on generating more complex/fun/weird sprites! With time, and practice, I think I'll be able to get back on the SV swerve.

Today's update brings forth Elephant People! Ele-folk? I don't know, but they're elephants. I'm proud of this one, the tusks don't stand out the way that I would like, but I feel very satisfied with this result. I've got the base for those of you who want to experiment with the body (innuendo?) and then a few color variations on a cleric outfit I designed. It started as armor but I realize I'm not at a level to design awesome armor... yet. Enjoy these dudes and be on the lookout for more spritey goodness this week! :)

Base:
    [​IMG]
    Armor-ish Elephants
    [​IMG]

SkySurfer likes this.
  14. palinskyjoe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update! First, sorry if my post is sort of a mess. I'm trying to restructure now with the way the new forums look. And I'm trying to host all my files on a better server. Blah blah.

It has been a bit, hasn't it? I've been trying to work on my spriting and I think I've made some progress!

Here are two NPC characters that might be useful/fun! Once I get my faceset skills better I'll try to give these little gals some faces. Until then...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[[EDIT: 2/10/17 I almost completely forgot to credit @whtdragon for the base used in the old woman NPC. I edited the "heavier" female sprite to make her look more elderly but whtdragon has some awesome alternative body types in her resources!]]

LxCharon likes this.
  15. LxCharon

LxCharon I'm the best hyperbole writer in the world. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  16. palinskyjoe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the heads up, @LxCharon ! Is it working now?

17. LxCharon

LxCharon I'm the best hyperbole writer in the world. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If it's an old babooshka and a young purple haired girl then yes!

palinskyjoe likes this.
  18. palinskyjoe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey all! Wanted to let you know that I've restored 75% of the files that were here before the update. I've switched servers (finally on DeviantArt... wooooo!) and it took me a bit to change the links throughout the post.

SV Battlers and faces are back. If you noticed I haven't included the turtle sprite/battler in my master post its because I want to rework it... it was my first attempt at spriting and I think I can do better overall with that. Again, if you're using any resources that have been removed from here you're still more than welcome to do so. I just am going to change things up.

And because I like to keep things fun, here's an extra lil' sprite I made a few months back and never shared. Simple stuff.
    [​IMG]

mara_vertin and LxCharon like this.
  19. Andronius

Andronius Apprentice Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi @palinskyjoe ! :kaohi:First of all, congratulations on your art and a big thank you for sharing so kindly your beautiful resources :kaoluv: Personally, I'm not too much into cute/cartoonish battlers, I just prefer them to fit the same look/style of the MV-actors from the Character Generator, for artistic consistency (maybe it's my OCD, but I like when everything matches). Therefore, my favorite SV-battler from your list is this one

I found him quite a while ago here, and I 've been thinking of this A LOT... The thing is that he is just TOO CUTE to use him (to fight him/kill him), and it reminds me of actual turtles :kaoswt: so I cannot use it... BUT IT DOES HAVE GREAT POTENTIAL!

I was thinking of a little suggestion/feedback: would it be possible for you to edit him (the eyes are already GREAT) to turn it into an EVIL LIZARDMAN!?! Taking off the turtle shell, dressing him with humanoid clothes, and perhaps making his expression more agressive?! :kaopride:I'd do it if I had any computer skills whatsoever (which I don't)... HELL, I WOULD MAKE A COMPLETE SET OF LIZARDMEN! (caster, rogue & melee! distiguished by different skin colours!) Will you think about it? I believe a nice Set of Lizardppl sv-battlers would be used in virtually every game if you'd give it a shot!

Perhaps that's something incredibly difficult to do, I wouldn't really know, I don't have the slightest clue on how to create... well ANYTHING on a computer:kaoblush:but I do believe it's a nice idea.

Here's some INSPIRATIOOON :kaojoy:
    Cheers!

Lizardmen (rogue/archer + melee/warrior)
    [​IMG]
    Lizarmen caster/magi
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    palinskyjoe likes this.
  20. palinskyjoe

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Andronius thanks for the feedback!! those lizard dudes are awesome and I actually think I may work on my own version of lizard folk sprites/battlers in the very near future!!

Guys, today's update is kind of exciting to me. I have watched amazing artists like @Avery continue to pump out missing RTP resources so players can create more complete games and it inspired me to do the same. While my skills are far from where others are, I think I did a pretty OK job of creating a fun battler for the People2_1 character (the dancer lady)

[​IMG]

I initially thought it would be easy but her flowing fabric/bracelets kind of threw me a few curveballs. Hopefully this will be a resource people can get use out of. I used alternate poses by @whtdragon here, because this battler seemed like blowing a kiss as a victory stance was pretty on the nose.

Enjoy! :)

M.I.A., killerfer, LxCharon and 4 others like this.