Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know I'm not the only one who asks about this of course, but the journal plugin I'm looking for is pretty extensive.

It would have categories for things such as:
Story Side Quests Characters Bestiary Image Gallery

Story would be some kind of layout with text, explaining what's happened so far... And if people load up the game and can't remember how far they are into the game, they could peak at story and read up on whats happened and know.
Side Quests are called "Favors" in my story so I would want to change the category name to that, but that's obvious to what it is.
Characters would be listing both PCs and NPCs, with some information on them to read up on, along with possibly a full bodied artwork shot of them available.
Bestiary would have the enemies' picture, their stats, and a description on them that when can be viewed via enter/spacebar. I would want to be able to write more than just a few lines describing the enemy. Showing what theyre weak to would be pretty awesome but I'm not too worried about that, until my second game.
Image Gallery is being able to view pictures that you would find through boss fights, cutscenes or in chests/from people, and its bonus art from stuff Im going to commission/draw of my characters in the game.

As for the journal itself, I would love for it to have a really neat skin to it, so its not just the game's text box. I can find pictures or create my own as an artist, so thats not an issue.

Before I started using MV, I was using VX Ace and found an amazing script that allows me to pretty much do everything(except for image gallery sort of) I listed above; the Notebook script by Estriole: https://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/5776-est-notebook-system/

I know this is super complicated and I wouldn't mind commissioning someone even to make the plugin, but I figured to ask here.
I

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, but that's only for quests. I would like for it to also be for people, places, a bestiary for monsters, and for it to be customized through some kind of setting as well.
Though I am using this plug in, its only for the "Favors"(side quests) and "Missions"(main storyline) for my game

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A quarter of century ago, one astute frog man was born. :ninja:
All new MZ Weather & Title updates are also RETRO'able for MV! Updated RETRO project will be released on same day I'll release updated MZ demo -project!

retro.png
Just lost about half a day's worth of work because rpg maker crashed during playtesting and corrupted my file :kaolivid:
Boku.gif
advanced_puzzling.PNG
Having a lot of fun making different poses for my character sets! Open to suggestions/critique!

CSKttqh.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
POLk7