RMMV Journey to the East II (v. 0.02 Demo released)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Nakoruru, Jul 9, 2018.

?

Your favourite characters so far... (choose 3)

1. Older Karys

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Little Karys

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Risa

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. Aswaith

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Rauf

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Victoria

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Nezumi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Freyja

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nakoruru

Nakoruru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Megami Ankhanessa no Monogatari: Journey to the East II

[​IMG]

This game is a work of fiction. All persons, places, religions, languages, laws and names appearing in it have no relation to the real world.

This is the sequel to Journey to the East.
    The prequel can be found here: https://rpgmaker.net/games/10201/
    It is not necessary to play the first game in order to play this one.

Current version: 0.02.
    Recommended age: 13+ Contain elements of fear, cartoon violence, mild bad language and reference to alcohol.

Featured Video:
    Title/Menu screen.

Music: Youfulca

The story so far:

After the defeat of the Godeater Damos, and the Elsean invasion force annihilated in Artisala. Risa and her friends continue east toward the Ametarashi Federation: the realm of the setting sun.

It is here, where the supreme commander of the Elsean pricipalities, Prince Haakon, and the bulk of his army have landed, with the aim of conquering the Federation and overthrowing the Ametarashi Empress, Enku.
    The 2nd instalment of the Journey to the East puts you in control of the smart and cunning Bilonian Sorceress, Karys Sana Merkel.
    Aswaith, her childhood friend has been captured by Haakon, and she will do anything to save her from the clutches of evil.

Will she succeed in her rescue attempt, or will she fall foul to the evil minions of chaos?

[​IMG]

MAIN CHARACTERS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MORE SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KEY FEATURES
    - 6 party member combat. Active turn battle system. Collect key items to unlock powerful skills. Fight powerful enemies!

- Unlock warp points for fast travel around the country.
    Explore the vast wilderness of the Ametarashi Federation. Discover its hidden wonders!

- Oriental style maps and soundtrack with horror elements.

- Dynamic time, weather and lighting system. Immerse yourself in the magical world of Eos.

- A story with plenty of plot twists, shocking moments and deep character development. Expect the unexpected!

- Plenty of puzzles to rack your brains. Think on your feet!

LINK

Join the Journey to the East Discord server:

https://discordapp.com/invite/wwd6Yws

Please follow me on facebook if you like to show your support for the game:

https://www.facebook.com/mausuproductions/

Please follow me on Youtube if you like to see videos of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfYK6AUEaATBHph5RQZkIkQ

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. Nakoruru

Nakoruru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Game profile page added to rpgmaker.net
    https://rpgmaker.net/games/10620/
    Good progress has been made on the demo which includes the prologue (Karys' painful childhood) and the first chapter.

3. BlissyMKW

BlissyMKW Rawr Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I really like how this is looking so far. The Japanese style maps look interesting and the six party combat looks like it'll be a nice way of mixing things up (and partly preventing the player from blowing up most of lategame with Rauf and Victoria, even if it was fun). And now, after seeing this, I'm even more curious of this "painful childhood" Karys had...and what Tyramus has to do with any of this or why this guy has his own story when he's a villain. I still don't even know what his deal is in the first game.

Also, little Karys is an innocent cinnamon roll who needs protecting from this cruel, cruel world and when the eventual time comes for me to do a playthrough, I will say something along those lines (and likely fail miserably because we already know how having a party of 2 for a majority of an episode went.) But back on topic, I'm guessing that map-like thing in one of the screenshots is the new pictures thing for this run. I could be wrong, but that's just my assumption at the moment.

Nakoruru likes this.
  4. DayDreamerz

DayDreamerz Villager Member

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Whoa! just passing by after 2-3 mouth I have finished your first project and see this (quickly log in and leave comment)
    A little bit excited that you begin to announce the sequel of this game
    All of those screenshots keep my thought racing that I really want to play this very soon!

However, take your time and make your project to the greatest!

Nakoruru likes this.
  5. Nakoruru

Nakoruru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Link: https://rpgmaker.net/games/10620/

Demo version of Journey to the East II: The Empress and the Sorceress, has been released.
    This is the direct sequel of the first game in the series and resumes the next part of the journey: The Ametarashi/Karys arc. However, you don't need to play the first game in order to play the sequel since you get filled in on the details.
    The demo includes the prologue, chapter 1, and introducing chapter 2.

Approximately 2 hours of gameplay.
    Let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions on improvement.

Enjoy.

BlissyMKW likes this.
  6. Boonty

Boonty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Loved to play the first opus.

I am going to try your demo.

EDIT : I played 20min... Looking forward to continue. Could you tell me how the answers given in the mirror in the Prologue affects our character ?

Nakoruru likes this.
  7. Nakoruru

Nakoruru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks for playing the demo. The answers to the mirror affect Karys' crit rate and her elemental resistances at the moment. When the game is completed, it will have some consequences that change the ending.

Boonty likes this.
  8. VeryXInh

VeryXInh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Japanese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    So i gave it a go because i like your Journey to the East 1. And here is some thoughts:
    - Alright, so it has a nice titlescreen & nice music too, fit well with the game's name
    Credit is also nice =)
    - Cannot select first character, it said "Completed" so i guess you use this select screen
    only to tell players that there may be 4 another sequels, no? Hmm, i think it's creative.
    But not like it very much.
    - Oh right, choose a skillset, you could explain each of them better like what does they do,
    what is the benefit, pro, cons... i have chosen randomly, well
    - Nice game map you have there, look good
    - Honestly i don't like the Dialogue window skin
    upload_2019-1-9_9-30-35.png
    - "Unless you have change configuration, menu key is X.. " - uh huh =) this was funny
    - This was too much to read
    upload_2019-1-9_9-36-15.png
    - Each character has 2 skill types and can learn more later by gold & items
    - There are voice for characters, cool
    - On map UI looking good but i think it served no purpose
    upload_2019-1-9_9-47-5.png
    - Like the party hud at lower left, gold hud at right, unless it was an action RPG, what is the point to have
    them on screen while i can simply open menu to check all of that.
    - Where is the deposit box? I can't find it
    upload_2019-1-9_9-57-48.png

- Well, the battle is just default, nothing much to say, but one interesting thing is that Rauf's Taunt skill
    can work well with other Reflect skill, you can cast Reflect on him and make him Taunt enemy to hit him,
    so that their attack may got reflected
    (btw i don't like the game's font, i am a big fan of default font, they're much cleaner & easier to read)

9. Nakoruru

Nakoruru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The deposit box is on the back wall, 2nd cabinet. Once you've slide open the door, click on the cabinet and find "Karys"
    You cannot select 1st character because this is the sequel of the first game. Combining 2 games in one is kind of messy and complicated and would double the game size.
    Both skill set is exactly the same; one does thunder/wind damage, the other ice/water damage.

10. BlissyMKW

BlissyMKW Rawr Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So while I was recording a first episode, there is one thing that I took major note of before recording and when I was looking through the menus.

[​IMG]
    This may just be my PC or something, but...something isn't right here with the text in menus. There are a couple of scenarios and places where this issue doesn't pop up, but it made trying to read what skills did during the first battle a near impossibility, so I had to just pick what seemed like an attacking move. The text is fine during character dialogue, so there's no issues there. It's just mostly every menu.

EDIT: I also only played about 15-20 minutes of the game so far, so I don't know if this persists anywhere else, so...yeah. That's a thing.

Jayje likes this.
  11. Nakoruru

Nakoruru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    ok I will look into it and see if anyone around here knows.
    In the meantime, do you have another computer to try it on?
    What are your specs, resolution, and are the same letters missing each time you open the menu?
    Someone told me it might be a render issue.

Edit: If you have another RPG MV game, you might want to try copying their font folder into this one and see if a different font will solve the problem. Make sure to make a back up.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  12. Nakoruru

Nakoruru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Added a trailer for the game and the opening sequence.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  13. helent28

helent28 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    this is amazing i beat the first one then made an account so i could tell you how much i love these games i cant wait for more of part 2

Nakoruru likes this.
  14. Nakoruru

Nakoruru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    New screenshots for JttE2:
    A new world?
    [​IMG]
    A metallic pyramid...
    [​IMG]
    A room full of mysterious portals.
    [​IMG]

15. valarmorghulis

valarmorghulis Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Literally just finished playing the demo minutes ago and I'm amazed by it. So far, it looked good and now, I'm super excited for the release. I love the Japanese design, it looks like a miniature Kyoto and I love how you put Japanese old school ghosts as the "demons" in this. Very fitting with the whole theme.

I'm still adjusting with the new battle look and new learn skill system but so far I guess it's good. I don't find any problem or glitch while playing it so, so far it's great. Hopefully the release date will announce soon. Keep up the good work. Ganbatte!

Nakoruru likes this.
  16. Nakoruru

Nakoruru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Version 0.02 is out.
    This covers the first 3 chapters of the game. 2 more are being planned to conclude the story.
    Here's a quick link:
    https://rpgmaker.net/games/10620/

BlissyMKW and Boonty like this.
  17. Nakoruru

Nakoruru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  18. Dillo_n

Dillo_n Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When I first read The Journey to the East in my youth, I was not ready for it. Having just reread it, I must confess that I am still not ready for it. But I am, at least, a little closer to being ready UPSers

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019 at 6:26 PM
    Nakoruru likes this.