RMMV Journey to the East v.3.01 (New Version Released!)

Your favourite characters in the game (Choose 3)

• Risa

• Karys

• Rauf

• Victoria

• Anya

• Olev

• Bhekete

• Natalya

• Zorg

• Constantinedes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Megami Ankhanessa no Monogatari: Journey to the East

Introduction

This game started out as a short story that I wrote for an English assignment during my high school days. It developed into something much more complex since Japanese animation became one of my main hobbies and inspirations.
Now all those ideas have been fully realized into a game, which I hope, everyone can enjoy.

The full name of this project is: Megami Ankhanessa no Monogatari (The story of the Goddess Ankhanessa): Journey to the East.

Launch Trailer
Music: Danmachi OST, Voice: SNK Playmore

DISCLAIMER
This game is a work of fiction. All persons, places, religions, laws and names appearing in it have no relation to the real world.

SYNOPSIS/BACKSTORY
Set in the magical world of Eos, a shadow is forming in the east across the demilitarized zone, which separates two powerful nations, the Chaos Imperium in the east and the Holy Empire of Ankhanesia in the west.

They have been in a state of religious cold war for over half a century. The Chaos Supremacists, led by the Imperious-God-Emperor, Xenaphos the Invincible, has been amassing an army in which the world has never seen. An army bred for one purpose – the total domination of the western-lands, and the destruction of all ideologies that do not conform to its ideals.

Meanwhile in the west, the Ankhanesian Empire is fractured. A civil war has gripped the nation, and the Holy Emperor, Cylus I, is in a coma due to the trauma of the assassination of his wife and five children.
Their deaths are a total mystery because no bodies have been found.

The story of the game begins, 14 years later, when the fragile peace between the two nations and their allies, is suddenly destroyed.

MAIN CHARACTERS

THE WORLD OF EOS
The Northern Hemisphere of Eos and the Prismoni Union:
The centre of the map is the north pole. The equator is located around the edge.
The shape of the supercontinent bears some resemblance to a phoenix.

SCREENSHOTS

MORE SCREENSHOTS

KEY FEATURES
No random encounters. Enemies can be seen and have line of sight and their own behaviours. They have elemental strengths and weaknesses so a good strategy will save your life.

Random item placement and drops. Each playthrough will always be different.

All playable characters and bosses have voiceover.

No level grinding required. All enemies level up with the player. New allies will join the party at a similar level to the player. Certain gear will give the player an advantage.

The number of times you can use a skill is limited until you replenish it by resting or using potions. So that you can't spam the same strong attacks.
Use them wisely.

Day and night system with on-screen clock, seasons, and a dynamic lighting system.

Plenty of puzzles inspired by the game, Chip’s Challenge, a Windows 98 game to rack your brains.

Input chain commands during battles to create combo attacks to inflict more damage.

10-15 hours of non-stop adventuring.

DOWNLOAD
Hosted on rpgmaker.net
https://rpgmaker.net/games/10201/

CREDITS
Story and Design: Nakoruru
Graphics: Kadokawa, Enterbrain, Hiddenone, Morillus, Mack, The Infamous Bob Bon, Telmina, TheStoryeller01, TheHarmp, Avery, ArctheMonkey, Indrah Arc, Pandamaru, Minnow, Chiara, Celianna, Palxan and Verdibona, Chalkdust, Thalzon, RavenBlackbird, byBibo, TTKOZ, Cyanide, Sinnistar, Haydeos.
Art: Michael Rookard, マゼラン.
Music and SFX: Kadokawa, Murray Atkinson, YouFulca, Derek & Brandon Fiechter.
Coding: Yanfly, Moghunter, PrimeHoover, Terrax, Himeworks, Galenmereth.
Voice: SNK Playmore, Konami.

Visit YouFulca/Wingless Seraph for the awesome music:
https://wingless-seraph.net/

Join the Journey to the East Discord server:

https://discordapp.com/invite/wwd6Yws

Please follow me on facebook if you like to show your support for the game:

https://www.facebook.com/mausuproductions/

Please follow me on Youtube if you like to see videos of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfYK6AUEaATBHph5RQZkIkQ

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The second and third screenshots look an awful lot like the Kaus/Asteria tiles. Especially the second screenshot.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The second and third screenshots look an awful lot like the Kaus/Asteria tiles. Especially the second screenshot.
I know. I was caught out by that guy. I've replaced some of his stuff but it has taken a while to find replacements with the same quality.
The things I've kept are the stuff that are obviously modified from the default MV tiles.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah. Know that feeling. Was using "his" tiles in my project, then the news came out and I had to take down all screenshots using those tiles. I spent a good few months remaking all the maps that I'd made with "his" tiles. I only finished doing so a little over 4 months ago, though now I'm going back and remaking them again through parallax mapping.

EriKita

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, I like your demo, even though it feels like a full game.
Here are some of my thoughts:

Pros:
Story telling: The characters are really interesting. You have villains that make you really hate them, and protagonists that make you care for them.
Mapping: A large variety of environments from the snowy north to the rustic south. Lots of npcs to make the world come to life.
World building is one of your strong points!
A tutorial that isn't intrusive but part of the story.
Good balance of male-female characters, young and old. I can relate to some of those.
Challenging puzzles that require brains.
A lot of music, I mean a lot!

Cons:
I suggest you make a smaller version of the demo so it's accessible to more people. Say, up to the first town. Not everyone has a fast connection.

Please come back and work on this. I'm dying to know what happens at the end.

Last edited:

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, I like your demo, even though it feels like a full game.
Here are some of my thoughts:

Pros:
Story telling: The characters are really interesting. You have villains that make you really hate them, and protagonists that make you care for them.
Mapping: A large variety of environments from the snowy north to the rustic south. Lots of npcs to make the world come to life.
World building is one of your strong points!
A tutorial that isn't intrusive but part of the story.
Good balance of male-female characters, young and old. I can relate to some of those.
Challenging puzzles that require brains.
A lot of music, I mean a lot!

Cons:
I suggest you make a smaller version of the demo so it's accessible to more people. Say, up to the first town. Not everyone has a fast connection.

Please come back and work on this. I'm dying to know what happens at the end.
Thanks for the feedback. I have created a smaller demo as requested, for anyone who just wants to play a little bit of the game but not the entire thing. I'm not certain whether I can come back and work on this anymore but time will only tell.

Last edited:

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
v.0.11 demo released
Tested up to the capital city. May contain some minor bugs after that point but nothing game breaking that I know of.
Changelog:
Improved lighting in dark places such as caves.
Added more save points for smoother gameplay.
Changed difficulty for Marius (Easier)
Changed difficulty for the catacombs boss (Harder)
Fixed the save point in the catacombs.
Optimized the game file size.
Balanced some enemies.
I have played this without cheats so there shouldn't be any impossible situations.

link: https://rpgmaker.net/games/10201/

JayJayIsNotAJetPlane

Call me a jet plane, one more time!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since I got stuck on my project and found this very amazing gem, that I honestly didn't think was a demo when I first got it, I've had a lot of time to go over a few things about this that I believe to be amazing!

Here's my list of pro's and con's:

Pros: The random item locations. (Item placement is changed every playthrough, and I tested it just to make sure)
The Battle system. (The look, feel, usefulness etc etc.)
The H.U.D. (Honestly, that made me cry. I was jealous and also impressed.)
The Japanese voices. (I know of some people who would be annoyed by this, but I liked it.)
Game Title. (Like seriously, how long did it take for you to come up with that title?)
Overall game feel. (It felt smooth, polished, I forgot what you said about grinding and I did it anyways. xD, boy was I sorry after that. xD)
Level Scaling!!!!! (I cannot say how much this is a feature I don't see enough of in games made by this community. It's there, but not enough for everyone.)
When equipping armor, you can see it. OH MY GOD! <3 (Was that too much? Sorry, I'll tone down my love....for now)
Cons: The first boss. (I get it, it's an integral part of the story and an amazing experience, but I'd have preferred it if once I was down to like 5 percent hp he killed me and then I got the amazing cutscene, and rebattle! But that's just me)
I felt cold for the first bit of the game. (Literally, I felt cold when in the south. It's not exactly a con in terms of gameplay, it just shows at least to me how immersive this game can be and is!)
Item names. (Again this one is more of just me being used to a certain/specific style. [ah KingdomHearts and Final Fantasy] A lot of items I could tell what they did before needing to hover over them and read their description, but some confused me until I did. Again, more of a nitpick for me than an actual con)
The completeness. I get it, it isn't finished, and oh look I didn't use parenthesis here, but without a 100% experience...how can I ever know if everything was worth it for the characters in the end? Gah! I'm not gonna rush you, but I can't wait for the finished product. (If it ever gets finished)

All in all, lovely game. Makes me not wanna finish mine, since I mean how can I compete with /this/ masterpiece?!

I love it, and I will be replaying this game, and showing my friends, for the next long while.

P.S. Your avatar is cute.

Sincerely,

JayJay

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since I got stuck on my project and found this very amazing gem, that I honestly didn't think was a demo when I first got it, I've had a lot of time to go over a few things about this that I believe to be amazing!

Here's my list of pro's and con's:

Pros: The random item locations. (Item placement is changed every playthrough, and I tested it just to make sure)
The Battle system. (The look, feel, usefulness etc etc.)
The H.U.D. (Honestly, that made me cry. I was jealous and also impressed.)
The Japanese voices. (I know of some people who would be annoyed by this, but I liked it.)
Game Title. (Like seriously, how long did it take for you to come up with that title?)
Overall game feel. (It felt smooth, polished, I forgot what you said about grinding and I did it anyways. xD, boy was I sorry after that. xD)
Level Scaling!!!!! (I cannot say how much this is a feature I don't see enough of in games made by this community. It's there, but not enough for everyone.)
When equipping armor, you can see it. OH MY GOD! <3 (Was that too much? Sorry, I'll tone down my love....for now)
Cons: The first boss. (I get it, it's an integral part of the story and an amazing experience, but I'd have preferred it if once I was down to like 5 percent hp he killed me and then I got the amazing cutscene, and rebattle! But that's just me)
I felt cold for the first bit of the game. (Literally, I felt cold when in the south. It's not exactly a con in terms of gameplay, it just shows at least to me how immersive this game can be and is!)
Item names. (Again this one is more of just me being used to a certain/specific style. [ah KingdomHearts and Final Fantasy] A lot of items I could tell what they did before needing to hover over them and read their description, but some confused me until I did. Again, more of a nitpick for me than an actual con)
The completeness. I get it, it isn't finished, and oh look I didn't use parenthesis here, but without a 100% experience...how can I ever know if everything was worth it for the characters in the end? Gah! I'm not gonna rush you, but I can't wait for the finished product. (If it ever gets finished)

All in all, lovely game. Makes me not wanna finish mine, since I mean how can I compete with /this/ masterpiece?!

I love it, and I will be replaying this game, and showing my friends, for the next long while.

P.S. Your avatar is cute.

Sincerely,

JayJay
Thanks for playing my game. Glad you liked it.
I got the title of the game from a 1000 year old chinese novel "Journey to the West". The same novel that inspired Dragonball! But the game has nothing in common except that there are 4 people traveling together, and they're are going to some holy place.
I know that the 1st boss might be confusing to some people so I'm considering making it autoplay so you just watch it happen.
Level grinding is supposed to be non-existent similar to Chrono Trigger.
Random item placement works by generating a random number between 0 to 30.
Half of which is "nothing found", but the others are different items some useful some not.
Item names are still pretty much WIP but the simple ones like Curia (Cure), Etha (Ether), Aspiria (Aspire) are finalized.
The game is nearly finished. I've completed 5 chapters and there is 1 more to go. The climax!
I hope this will encourage you to work on your game. Remember, this was in the making for a year, and it hasn't been like this in terms of appearance.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am pleased to announce the full version of the game, Journey to the East.
Almost 2 years of production, it has been a hard road getting to the finish line.
I hope everyone enjoys the game.

DL Link: https://rpgmaker.net/games/10201/

To Admin, can you move this to "completed games", please. Thx)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Congratulations on finishing!

I've moved this to Completed Games.

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
From description, screen-shots and trailer - this looks like an amazing RPG!

Gianmher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow! It s awesome. I'm enjoying it a lot. I have two minor bugs to report. Are you planning to keep update this game?

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow! It s awesome. I'm enjoying it a lot. I have two minor bugs to report. Are you planning to keep update this game?
Yes, I'm going to keep updating the game. If there is enough bugs to fix, I will fix it. Right now, it's too early to release another version. Thanks for playing the game. What were the bugs and how far are you into the game?

Gianmher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug.PNG
The other bug it's about Keyboard config plugin: it's impossible to configure WASD movement layout. More precisely: the W key will be reset after leave the options. It's a problem of load order of the plugins. Thanks in advance

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 86163
The other bug it's about Keyboard config plugin: it's impossible to configure WASD movement layout. More precisely: the W key will be reset after leave the options. It's a problem of load order of the plugins. Thanks in advance
thanks, I will look into it.

Gianmher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finished. I'll be waiting for the next! I have another bug for you:
Can you check the HP's number of both two first final bosses? Sometimes when you deal a damage, the number don't go down unlike the gauge

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finished. I'll be waiting for the next! I have another bug for you:
Can you check the HP's number of both two first final bosses? Sometimes when you deal a damage, the number don't go down unlike the gauge
Thanks, I hope you like the ending. I am currently making a bug report so I can address them in next version. Regarding the 2 bosses, Bhekete and Damos, there are 2 boss HP guage and numbers overlapping each other. Whoever you hit, it will display that boss's guage and will alternate depending on who you hit next. I will double check to see if everything is ok. Thx.

Edit: Just checked. I know what you mean about the number not going down. It looks like I forgot to hide the HP number like the rest of the bosses.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!
Gotta save this for my next thread later...
Finsh all of the walking dead game in a week, such an amazing emotional trip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alwar