RMMV Journey to the East v.3.01 (New Version Released!)

Your favourite characters in the game (Choose 3)

• Risa

• Karys

• Rauf

• Victoria

• Anya

• Olev

• Bhekete

• Natalya

• Zorg

• Constantinedes

Results are only viewable after voting.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would you please let me know what I miss to complete the game 100%? If you do not know, then I probably cannot figure it out either.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont have the game on but if the charm is giving you a certain number of TP per turn. The slippers should increase this by 50%.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would you please let me know what I miss to complete the game 100%? If you do not know, then I probably cannot figure it out either.
Can you put your entire save folder in a compressed file. Maybe I will figure it out if I look at your entire progress from start to finish.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I dont have the game on but if the charm is giving you a certain number of TP per turn. The slippers should increase this by 50%.
I just tested. it works but 1% or 1.1% or 1.5% regeneration still just gave me 1TP extra. That means it makes no difference if equipped with ruby sleepers or not.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you put your entire save folder in a compressed file. Maybe I will figure it out if I look at your entire progress from start to finish.

LVGames

Welcome to Sword Swinging Super Slashers®
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the trailer nice job!
:XP1:

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am currently doing a speed run from one of your saves. If it appears that there is not enough % points to get to 100 I will have to patch the game and release it sometime in the future. Was going to anyway. So you can fully complete it.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just wonder how do you calculate % points? Is it easier to say in order to get the special armour, the player needs to complete # of side quests, # of hidden areas, # of pictures before the last save. In the future, if you want to add more side quests or hidden areas, this will not affect much in term of coding.
Did you read my message about 10% TP charge and 50% TP charge?
For example: My current TP is 80,
Charm of rain flowers generates 1% of TP which is 1 extra TP
Ruby Sleepers generates extra 50% of 1% of TP
Both combination generate 1.5% of TP, which is also 1 extra TP
That means Ruby Sleepers does not make any difference in term of extra TP generation.
The cheat code you gave destroys the purpose of the fighting system. It made the game way too easy. I does not even bother to use it.

Last edited:

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just wonder how do you calculate % points? Is it easier to say in order to get the special armour, the player needs to complete # of side quests, # of hidden areas, # of pictures before the last save. In the future, if you want to add more side quests or hidden areas, this will not affect much in term of coding.
Did you read my message about 10% TP charge and 50% TP charge?
For example: My current TP is 80,
Charm of rain flowers generates 1% of TP which is 1 extra TP
Ruby Sleepers generates extra 50% of 1% of TP
Both combination generate 1.5% of TP, which is also 1 extra TP
That means Ruby Sleepers does not make any difference in term of extra TP generation.
The cheat code you gave destroys the purpose of the fighting system. It made the game way too easy. I does not even bother to use it.
I probably going to simplify the TP gain on those items so they give a certain %TP which is stackable.
Same for HP and MP so it's easier to calculate.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Congrats on beating the game, and thanks for playing :) I was getting a bit worried that the mirrors were giving you a lot of trouble.
You get Holy Flame Armour for Ankhanessa when you achieve 100%, which gives her immunity to all status ailments in the final battle.
Psychic guy is supposed to be very hard but he is definitely beatable with enough practise. You need to get crits for his health to go down x4 faster.
The vip code is only for devs but I will PM the code if you want.
It's not user friendly so be careful when you mess around with the cheats.
Hey, I just let you know I beat the psychic guy. Somehow, this time I beat the guy after 5 times. Maybe I stay more focus and more calm this time. I am very happy to beat the guy because it is painful to deal with him.
I do not like SEXY DRESS from the girl vendor.
Positive Affect: The enemies does not likely attack whoever equips it. It is very good for whoever wears it.
Negative Affect: The enemies likely attack other teammates frequently whoever do not equip it. Those players are usually ran out of HP frequently unless they have high HP or high defense.
In addition it costs the same as Ultimate armor. It is the most expensive armor both from the girl and the shop but it gives negative effects.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I just let you know I beat the psychic guy. Somehow, this time I beat the guy after 5 times. Maybe I stay more focus and more calm this time. I am very happy to beat the guy because it is painful to deal with him.
I do not like SEXY DRESS from the girl vendor.
Positive Affect: The enemies does not likely attack whoever equips it. It is very good for whoever wears it.
Negative Affect: The enemies likely attack other teammates frequently whoever do not equip it. Those players are usually ran out of HP frequently unless they have high HP or high defense.
In addition it costs the same as Ultimate armor. It is the most expensive armor both from the girl and the shop but it gives negative effects.
Nice that you beat the psychic guy. It is easy once you get used to the controls.
I just played up to the end using your saves and got the same 99%. I swear I tested the game so many times and got 100% I probably deleted something by accident. Will get this patched sometime in the next couple of weeks and fixed a few more bugs and the TP regeneration.
Thanks for your playtesting.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, I just want to let you know I got 100% completion this time.
The only reason I can think of is last time before I got 4 cursed skulls, I talked to the bank lady once but I did not trade them. Then after I got 4 cursed skulls, I talked to her again and trade the skulls. That might be the reason I did not get the check mark for both "complete all side quests" and "find all hidden areas". But I do not know exactly though.
YOU DID NOT DELETE ANYTHING BY ACCIDENT. It is just my fault.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I just want to let you know I got 100% completion this time.
The only reason I can think of is last time before I got 4 cursed skulls, I talked to the bank lady once but I did not trade them. Then after I got 4 cursed skulls, I talked to her again and trade the skulls. That might be the reason I did not get the check mark for both "complete all side quests" and "find all hidden areas". But I do not know exactly though.
YOU DID NOT DELETE ANYTHING BY ACCIDENT. It is just my fault.
wow, finally you 100% the game and also beat the hard psychic guy. Congrats. I will just double check the event with the bank lady, to see if there is something wrong.
Many thanks for playing everything the game has to offer.

Kirri

Imagining Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry, I saw the 2018 date and thought that was old. But I see now its v3.01 and was uploaded in March. I will play it when I have time now! (Don't forget to check out Suikogarden, too. I could use the additional feedback. Your games are much better than mine!)
How did I get quoted here? xD

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How did I get quoted here? xD
I think it was from a different post, sorry mate. Sometimes forums is a little odd. Just feel included. haha

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Seeing that people still use the double-stock bed where Kaus stole from my tiles makes me honestly sad and disappointed.

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am currently in the capital, doing a lot of stuff, and so far I have just a few negative observations:

*There was at least one instance of someone talking who wasn't yet in my party (I missed this party member somehow initially). So it was very odd that his face popped up talking when I had no idea who he was.
*Throughout the game, some of the save points feel intentionally out of the way or hidden. I really dislike this because there are several instant game over spots which forces you to go back and reload (there were at least 3 such instances in the fortress area)
*Subsequent weapon skill don't always trigger and there doesn't seem to be any explanation or rationale as to why. Ex: you use the third skill and the key input for the second or first doesn't trigger. Maybe this was intentional but I dislike it. It is especially frustrating with the scepter-type because you WANT all the different heal types.

Other than those, the game is FREAKIN AMAZING! I was really surprised by how good all the graphics were, the sheer mountain of dialogue and options, and the sometimes surprisingly brutal story (I just found a cave with a disturbing surprise, to say the least). BUT this is definitely a game worth playing. I have also proven to be very poor at completing the sidequests (I couldn't find red wood anywhere!), but glad to see that doesn't impede the player. At least I got the best sneakers!

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the helpful feedback.
I understand how some of the save points are off the main path. I will probably make it more obvious when I get the chance to update the game.
As for the weaponskills, no idea why it doesn't link up other than running out of TP for the next skill or it misses.
I know about the odd dialogue that pops up even when the party member isn't present. Just something that I overlooked. But thanks for letting me know.
If you're stuck on any side quest, there is a guide on the rpgmaker.net page just so you know.
I'm glad you're enjoying the game so far. Let me know if you managed to get to the end. Thanks.
I've just started your game, Suikogarden. So I don't have much feedback to offer you other than that I like the direction of the story. The room with the stars where it shows the people you have recruited is an interesting idea. Somehow, it reminds me of Fire Emblem.
Keep up the good work.

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the helpful feedback.
I understand how some of the save points are off the main path. I will probably make it more obvious when I get the chance to update the game.
As for the weaponskills, no idea why it doesn't link up other than running out of TP for the next skill or it misses.
I know about the odd dialogue that pops up even when the party member isn't present. Just something that I overlooked. But thanks for letting me know.
If you're stuck on any side quest, there is a guide on the rpgmaker.net page just so you know.
I'm glad you're enjoying the game so far. Let me know if you managed to get to the end. Thanks.
I've just started your game, Suikogarden. So I don't have much feedback to offer you other than that I like the direction of the story. The room with the stars where it shows the people you have recruited is an interesting idea. Somehow, it reminds me of Fire Emblem.
Keep up the good work.
My next question was "where is the guide?" LOL I got stuck a couple times (mostly sidequests) for really dumb reasons where I just couldn't figure out where to go or what exactly I needed to do (even after reading the quest log). Good to know there's a guide.

Also, I realize when the current enemy dies sometimes that interrupts the chain but I DID NOT THINK ABOUT RUNNING OUT OF TP. That is the part that I didn't realize. THAT EXPLAINS IT. *facepalm*

EDIT: Looks like my specific issue was not addressed in the guide: WHERE IS FEDORO MANOR? I have the supplies but cannot figure out WHERE to take them....?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What I worked on today. :LZSjoy:

No stream today, make a game in MZ is continuing next week!
It seems MOG Weather only has a "clear" function to instantly erase a given weather effect. Probably works well if weather only changes at map transfer, etc, but looks very abrupt if weather effects are continuously changing. So my next challenge: script a "fade" function to gradually fade the sprites and wait to "clear" the current weather until the opacity of all its sprites hits zero... or something like that! XD
BRIEF HISTORY OF MY GAME SO FAR
June 2019 - My friend (let's call him G) says he wants to make a game
later- it's really bad and angsty
laterer - He gives up

EARLY 2020 - I suggest trying again, G says yes
slightly later - G gives up and gives me the whole idea
LATE 2020 - I finish the script's first draft. G doesn't like it

And that's where we stand!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member