RMMV Journey to the East v.3.01 (New Version Released!)

Your favourite characters in the game (Choose 3)

• Risa

• Karys

• Rauf

• Victoria

• Anya

• Olev

• Bhekete

• Natalya

• Zorg

• Constantinedes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My next question was "where is the guide?" LOL I got stuck a couple times (mostly sidequests) for really dumb reasons where I just couldn't figure out where to go or what exactly I needed to do (even after reading the quest log). Good to know there's a guide.

Also, I realize when the current enemy dies sometimes that interrupts the chain but I DID NOT THINK ABOUT RUNNING OUT OF TP. That is the part that I didn't realize. THAT EXPLAINS IT. *facepalm*

EDIT: Looks like my specific issue was not addressed in the guide: WHERE IS FEDORO MANOR? I have the supplies but cannot figure out WHERE to take them....?
Here is the guide:
With the sceptre skills, they cost 25TP each so if you want to use 3 skills in the chain, you need 75TP. The full complete chain is supposed to add up to 100TP.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My next question was "where is the guide?" LOL I got stuck a couple times (mostly sidequests) for really dumb reasons where I just couldn't figure out where to go or what exactly I needed to do (even after reading the quest log). Good to know there's a guide.

Also, I realize when the current enemy dies sometimes that interrupts the chain but I DID NOT THINK ABOUT RUNNING OUT OF TP. That is the part that I didn't realize. THAT EXPLAINS IT. *facepalm*

EDIT: Looks like my specific issue was not addressed in the guide: WHERE IS FEDORO MANOR? I have the supplies but cannot figure out WHERE to take them....?
Fedoro Manor is in the south east of the capital. Go back to the world map. It only unlocks on the day of Kast. Use the inn to skip days.

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Fedoro Manor is in the south east of the capital. Go back to the world map. It only unlocks on the day of Kast. Use the inn to skip days.
I was looking EVERYWHERE inside the capitol because I had already scoured the world map! But this makes sense!!

Also, once you have a chance to play more, please leave feedback in the Suikogarden thread (instead of in here). Thank you! I hope you're playing the version with on-screen enemies.

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I really dislike when games become impossible to figure out how to move forward without looking at a guide. That's fine for SIDEQUESTS, but not for things needed to move the story along. I'm supposed to have 7/7 points according to this guide, but I only have 4 and cannot get any further in the story now it seems.

Chancellery

Go back to the job board and pick the Vladmir mission. (Starts: Vladmir)
Go to the Government District and talk to the guard at the gate of the Chancellery. Enter the building.
After the head maid and Vice-Chancellor cutscene, go up to the 3rd floor and find Sophia's room.
You will need 7 persuasion points to open the door.

Do the following in the exact order to get the points:
1. Talk to Edna in the dining room 1st floor. :thumbsup-right:
2. Get the medicine for the governess: :thumbsup-right:
Governess on the 1st floor in the study room. Get her prescription in her room on the 3rd floor.
Speak to her again. Go to Lucky Pharmacy to get her prescription. Speak to the Governess in her room.
3. Read Emilia's diary in her secret hideout. :thumbsup-right:
The bottom right room on the 3rd floor has a loose panel. Remove it.
Climb into the ventilation shaft. Push the boxes and dolls to get to the diary at the centre.
Clockwise is the only possible route to the diary.
4. Talk to Lady Lizbeth. Find Erika: Laundry room, top floor, outside near the boat. :thumbsup-right:
5. Buy the potion from the woman in the library. (??????)

Go to the Lucky Pharmacy. The man blocking the stairs will be gone.
Go up and speak to the Psion-Kais. Defeat Kori at psychic combat.
Go to the Psion Guild in the Market District.

Psion Guild

6. Enter the guild and speak to the caretaker to reveal the portal. :thumbsup-right:
Defeat all the Espers and get to Delphinia.
This is the route to Delphina:
Enter the first portal, top-left, top-right, down, bottom-right, bottom-right.
Defeat Delphinia then talk to her about the potion.

7. Go to the park in the Government District and speak to the man selling rat-meat. (***nothing happens for me)

I would add that I wasted TONS of time searching the Peak repeatedly over and over because that was the only direction I had and could not figure out what to do next. There are multiple instances of this in the capitol where the next step is just way too unclear for my tastes. I'm not saying spoon-feed newbs, but some of the direction is so vague, it's really no help at all. IMO.

Last edited:

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really dislike when games become impossible to figure out how to move forward without looking at a guide. That's fine for SIDEQUESTS, but not for things needed to move the story along. I'm supposed to have 7/7 points according to this guide, but I only have 4 and cannot get any further in the story now it seems.

Chancellery

Go back to the job board and pick the Vladmir mission. (Starts: Vladmir)
Go to the Government District and talk to the guard at the gate of the Chancellery. Enter the building.
After the head maid and Vice-Chancellor cutscene, go up to the 3rd floor and find Sophia's room.
You will need 7 persuasion points to open the door.

Do the following in the exact order to get the points:
1. Talk to Edna in the dining room 1st floor. :thumbsup-right:
2. Get the medicine for the governess: :thumbsup-right:
Governess on the 1st floor in the study room. Get her prescription in her room on the 3rd floor.
Speak to her again. Go to Lucky Pharmacy to get her prescription. Speak to the Governess in her room.
3. Read Emilia's diary in her secret hideout. :thumbsup-right:
The bottom right room on the 3rd floor has a loose panel. Remove it.
Climb into the ventilation shaft. Push the boxes and dolls to get to the diary at the centre.
Clockwise is the only possible route to the diary.
4. Talk to Lady Lizbeth. Find Erika: Laundry room, top floor, outside near the boat. :thumbsup-right:
5. Buy the potion from the woman in the library. (??????)

Go to the Lucky Pharmacy. The man blocking the stairs will be gone.
Go up and speak to the Psion-Kais. Defeat Kori at psychic combat.
Go to the Psion Guild in the Market District.

Psion Guild

6. Enter the guild and speak to the caretaker to reveal the portal. :thumbsup-right:
Defeat all the Espers and get to Delphinia.
This is the route to Delphina:
Enter the first portal, top-left, top-right, down, bottom-right, bottom-right.
Defeat Delphinia then talk to her about the potion.

7. Go to the park in the Government District and speak to the man selling rat-meat. (***nothing happens for me)
You need to follow the Vladmir Quest notes in the journal and listen to where npcs tell you to go.
Areas that are inaccessible will open up such as the second floor of the item shop as you complete other missions. You cannot rush the main missions!
After giving the medicine to the governess, she tells you to go to the military district since Vladmir knows someone there.
She is at the library.
Buying the potion from her, she will tell you she knows someone at the park.
Speak to him.

Last edited:

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
After giving the medicine to the governess, she tells you to go to the military district since Vladmir knows someone there.
See, this is a great example of my gripe. This isn't stated in the quest log at all. It just says "open xxx's door" which it has said the entire time. Also, when you say military district, I assume OUTSIDE. Why not state in the military district library, or something - even the guide just says library, so I was thinking the library inside the mansion! And you could argue, "well you got the hint". Yes, but then I saved, and exited the game and came back two days later and had forgotten all about it. See the issue? One might not recall one obscure little piece of info, and if they don't, they just can't move forward at all. It's very frustrating.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
See, this is a great example of my gripe. This isn't stated in the quest log at all. It just says "open xxx's door" which it has said the entire time. Also, when you say military district, I assume OUTSIDE. Why not state in the military district library, or something - even the guide just says library, so I was thinking the library inside the mansion! And you could argue, "well you got the hint". Yes, but then I saved, and exited the game and came back two days later and had forgotten all about it. See the issue? One might not recall one obscure little piece of info, and if they don't, they just can't move forward at all. It's very frustrating.
there is a journal entry called Vladmir Quest Notes under information. You should've got it when you spoke to the governess.
Also, there isn't that many people at the military district. Part of the mission encourages you to investigate areas, not direct you to a specific person. This would defeat any attempt of surprises.

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My tone may have come off kind of harsh, but this is just my opinion. But, besides that, and the fact that there's an awful lot of "instant game over" moments that I don't care for; this game is amazing. There's a ton to see and do, I love all the sellable Junk, the characters are interesting and personable, the variety of skills and abilities is impressive and adds to the gameplay, I would rate it 9/10 (near perfect).

Two random thoughts:
1. I wanted to keep the dog forever! ;_;
2. You can really abuse the Warrior TP Mode, because as you use each weapon skill, it adds more TP, so you can almost always get off the entire chain, even if you start with just 25 TP - you're still limited by uses, though, so it's not game breaking. I do this with the gunman.

Last edited:

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My tone may have come off kind of harsh, but this is just my opinion. But, besides that, and the fact that there's an awful lot of "instant game over" moments that I don't care for; this game is amazing. There's a ton to see and do, I love all the sellable Junk, the characters are interesting and personable, the variety of skills and abilities is impressive and adds to the gameplay, I would rate it 9/10 (near perfect).

Two random thoughts:
1. I wanted to keep the dog forever!
2. You can really abuse the Warrior TP Mode, because as you use each weapon skill, it adds more TP, so you can almost always get off the entire chain, even if you start with just 25 TP - you're still limited by uses, though, so it's not game breaking. I do this with the gunman.
I understand your gripes and sincerely respect your opinions. In fact, it is people's harsh comments that got me this far and allowed me to make a better game. So I appreciate all your feedback ;)
If I could go back and remake that particular mission, I would make it more simple, but unfortunately, I've already laid the ground work for all the events so it's difficult to redesign and recode it from the ground up with the fear of breaking something else.
So sorry if some aspects of the game is frustrating.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
and the fact that there's an awful lot of "instant game over" moments that I don't care for
Trust me, in an older version, it was worse. Imagine no save point between the end of the clock tower and the room where you need to step on the letters that spell the names of the gods where if you fail to spell out Apos right, you die instantly and get kicked back to the clock tower.

Also I've been slacking off lately, but I'll get around to making more progress on the new version soon. The Trails in the Sky playthrough and speedruns have me distracted...and watching random YouTube videos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jubacard