RMMV Journey to the East v.3.01 (New Version Released!)

Your favourite characters in the game (Choose 3)

• Risa

• Karys

• Rauf

• Victoria

• Anya

• Olev

• Bhekete

• Natalya

• Zorg

• Constantinedes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Emeraq

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just recently started your game, and I'm still early on, but from what I've seen thus far, the mapping is really good, love the lighting, the snow effects and that when you are not in a lighted area that your characters portrait at the bottom also shadows. I don't think I've seen this before (but I haven't tested all RMgames out there :) ) I am enjoying the skill learning system as well, the active combat tutorial showing what combos will be like is well done. Overall a really great job, I'm not far into it but from what I've seen so far, I think this could have been a commercial release. (Unless of course theres any IP issues or content you couldn't sell as commercial that I wouldn't know about lol )

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just recently started your game, and I'm still early on, but from what I've seen thus far, the mapping is really good, love the lighting, the snow effects and that when you are not in a lighted area that your characters portrait at the bottom also shadows. I don't think I've seen this before (but I haven't tested all RMgames out there :) ) I am enjoying the skill learning system as well, the active combat tutorial showing what combos will be like is well done. Overall a really great job, I'm not far into it but from what I've seen so far, I think this could have been a commercial release. (Unless of course theres any IP issues or content you couldn't sell as commercial that I wouldn't know about lol )
Thank you so much for your feedback. Glad you're liking it so far. I wish this was a commercial release but I've used too many things that require me to pay for a license to use that I kept it free. But it's better for everyone since they won't have to pay for the game to play :yswt:

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just downloaded this and plan to play soon. Will eventually post feedback, since I know how important it is as a creator myself.

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I wonder why i also like this game quite much (haven't played it), maybe because its name?
This game just give me an indescribable feeling :- )
this is what happen when you gave your game a good name!

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Really nice game but it lags a bit on my windows. Is there a Mac version out?

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really nice game but it lags a bit on my windows. Is there a Mac version out?
Sorry, there is no mac version because I don't have a mac to make it on.

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Sorry, there is no mac version because I don't have a mac to make it on.
That's O.K.

Its a really good game but wondering why it's free? Not to complain, I love free games but I would think a game of this quality would be commercial or at least free demo version. I would pay for this game on mac.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have recently received reports from players that the game randomly crashes and shuts down especially when entering the inn in Artisala.
I would like to know the extent of the problem and whether it's the players computer, the game or both, that is causing the crash.
This is for version 1.03, but previous versions are not too different since plugins are the same and no new ones were added since ver 1.01.
I would like to put in a request for people who haven't played the game to playtest it for crashes. State, if any, where and how it crashes, and whether there is an error message, and how far you've got into the game.
Anyone interested, I can send you a save file where it puts you right in the middle of the game, if you do not wish to start at the beginning.
Thanks.

Last edited:

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The game looks great, and the events seem to play out nicely... but it feels... meh, unbalanced, maybe. First, the extreme reliance on magic and items is painful. While physical attack damage is just pitiful (maybe because I am using a rapier - which, btw, is the katana icon *confusing*). Also, the [input command] thing is a really cool idea, but half the time it is off the screen almost impossible to see and when it is visible (OMG the demo/tutorial it was super easy but in-game) it is insanely fast... and only adds a tiny bit more damage, on the second hit. NOT WORTH IT. Also, the skills (at least early on) seem useless/pointless. No point in stealing items I may get as loot anyways, but I appreciate being able to find so many hidden items. The mapping is beautiful but areas are PACKED with enemies... which feels very level-grindy, especially since I just DO NOT CARE about the protagonist, at all. The backdrop of the story was very mythical, and kind of confusing (you keep dropping in new deities, names, places, left and right) but then we just have Annie (Reis, is it?) the Orphan with no backstory and even less personality. Focus should have been flipped.

Hope this helps.

XdnaX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello the game is great but i have a doubt how to save game? Usually you exit to menu and save but I don't see there the option of save:-/
Thanks.

XdnaX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The game saves when you interact with a save crystal.
Okay, thanks :)
Sad it doesn't have manual "save anywhere" option:-(

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 2.01 released:
Some of the main changes are focused on stability and game performance.

Changelog:
Upgraded core scripts of the game engine.
Fixed a potential game breaking bug causing a save point to disappear.
Fixed house in Pern where you could exit it on the 2nd floor.
Corrected a typo in the riddles room.
Removed the preloader plugin which causes long loading times.
Removed "completion" on fast travel screen.
Psion Guild people now float during psychic duels!

*Since there was a lot of testing involved in making this update, please let me know if I accidently broke the game at any point, no matter how insignificant.

XdnaX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello @Nakoruru
I want to ask whether the saves from old version (1.03) compatible with this new version i don't want to start over again.. Thanks :)

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Nakoruru
I want to ask whether the saves from old version (1.03) compatible with this new version i don't want to start over again.. Thanks :)
There is no guarantee but it should be more or less compatible. Only problem I can think of is the Flying dog cutscene will play again, if you seen it already.

XdnaX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is no guarantee but it should be more or less compatible. Only problem I can think of is the Flying dog cutscene will play again, if you seen it already.
Okay:-/
I hope it is compatible, anyway I'll let you know if any crashes or bugs
Thank you for your game :)

Latefallen

90% of the time, my code works 100% of the time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This project looks quite nice. I will play this when I get the chance and let you know what I thought. :)

LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He doesn't do anything until you're at a certain point in the Vladmir mission.
you mean putan?
(haven't played the game yet, just downloaded it, will definitely play it soon though:LZSwink:)

LUKElcs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I make my own post? I can't seem to figure it out. :LZSsad:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@LUKElcs That has nothing to do with this thread. If you want to make a new thread, you go to the correct forum and click on Post New Thread. You can find this button on the right, above all the threads in the forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Tomorrow is Halloween! I can't wait to go to Boxi Park and show off my costume! Also one of Dad's friends is staying the night, so he might get to see the show.
Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undeservers