RMMV Journey to the East v.3.01 (New Version Released!)

Your favourite characters in the game (Choose 3)

• Risa

• Karys

• Rauf

• Victoria

• Anya

• Olev

• Bhekete

• Natalya

• Zorg

• Constantinedes

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrowLotus

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Okay I beat the console boss but stuck in the room. The door is locked and I've 'touched' everything in the room including downloading the picture. Did I miss something or did I screw up somehow?

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay I beat the console boss but stuck in the room. The door is locked and I've 'touched' everything in the room including downloading the picture. Did I miss something or did I screw up somehow?
Hi, there is a red button on the right hand side of the room. The spirits speak to you and tell you to press it.
Make sure you open the suitcase (top left) first.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(deleted post)

valarmorghulis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi, I just finished playing this game and I gotta say that it's a great game. I enjoyed 21-hour playing it. I love the graphic (that tiny detail like splash of water when the characters walking on wet surface is awesome), I also enjoying the story and the fight system. It's great. I'm looking forward to play the next one. Good luck!

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I just finished playing this game and I gotta say that it's a great game. I enjoyed 21-hour playing it. I love the graphic (that tiny detail like splash of water when the characters walking on wet surface is awesome), I also enjoying the story and the fight system. It's great. I'm looking forward to play the next one. Good luck!
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.
The 2nd game is coming along nicely. I would say it's approaching 2/3 done. I will be releasing a 2nd demo before the end of the year. The 1st game focused on how the past affects the present Eos. The 2nd game will be about how the future affects the present.

Eric_SD-RPG-Studio

Writer - Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I played this game some time ago when I had a bit of a free time to play some games. It was just a Demo then. I thought the game was funny and cute, especially the voice acting. :) Really like it. I also liked the simple puzzles in the game. The game was instantly drawn to me thanks to the famed Journey to the West masterpiece.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Version 3.01 coming soon:
- New journal system
- Optional mini-quests
- New characters
- Anya's backstory
and more...

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please join the game's discord server
https://discordapp.com/invite/wwd6Yws

Anarion01

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi, I really like your game. I was completely focused in the first game

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
- Optional mini-quests
- New characters
- Anya's backstory
and more...
I have barely touched the second game yet and it looks like I'll be revisiting the first one again for more content, with less instant death (luckily).

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have barely touched the second game yet and it looks like I'll be revisiting the first one again for more content, with less instant death (luckily).
Good to hear from you again :)
I'm looking at a spring 2020 release. Depends on how many side quests I want. (currently 10).
There are some new areas around the capital and village Dama is now populated.
Are you still having graphical issues with the 2nd game? I'm not sure if monitor resolution has something to do with it.

The_D

Dr
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This game is really awesome. I'm not far yet, but the story telling is on point. Great job!

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Journey to the East version 3.01 released
Link: https://rpgmaker.net/games/10201/
Join the game's discord channel: https://discordapp.com/invite/wwd6Yws

What's new?
- A new journal log in the menu to keep track of quests.
- Optional side quests to expand the lore of Eos.
- Anya's backstory and mission that brings closure to her character.
- Secret places and new areas to visit on the world map.
- More weapons, armours and items including powerful "dark weapons".
- More class skills, weaponskills and special skills.
- Added a variety of fun and challenging minigames and puzzles.
- New characters to interact with, and bosses to defeat.
- Updated the gallery to include more information.
- More in-battle voices and music.
- Unlockable TP modes throughout the game.
- An epilogue pre/post-credits.

I would not recommend using an old save file from a previous version.
Although, the main story should still work but the balancing will be off, and you'll miss out on the new features that 3.01 has to offer.

What's next?
This is a major update so please let me know if you find any bugs/glitches.
The sequel to this game will get a little update in the future so that the continuity, graphics etc, is more consistant with this one.

Thanks in advance for playing. Hope you will like the update.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What's new?
- A new journal log in the menu to keep track of quests.
- Optional side quests to expand the lore of Eos.
- Anya's backstory and mission that brings closure to her character.
- Secret places and new areas to visit on the world map.
- More weapons, armours and items including powerful "dark weapons".
- More class skills, weaponskills and special skills.
- Added a variety of fun and challenging minigames and puzzles.
- New characters to interact with, and bosses to defeat.
- Updated the gallery to include more information.
- More in-battle voices and music.
- Unlockable TP modes throughout the game.
- An epilogue pre/post-credits.
I just read this as "tons of new content to the point a second whole playthrough might be necessary, complete with not pronouncing just about anything correctly a second time because words are hard."

Should be a fun time where I find the broken Rauf and Victoria attacks fun to shred everything in the game again.

EDi0pwZWsAEkk0v.jpg

SwordSkill

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
Really Awesome game, can't wait to finish it.

Just a question: How did you make it so the quest journal would provide information and tutorials?

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really Awesome game, can't wait to finish it.

Just a question: How did you make it so the quest journal would provide information and tutorials?
By default, the journal follows a specific format like title, description, objective etc. It would automatically fill those in.

In the plugin options, I deleted this format and left in just the title, and manually filled in the rest.
Only downside is you lose the functionality of turning on/off specific objectives and rewards.
But you get the flexibility of writing whatever you want.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it possible to defeat the mirrors inside the Monastery in the new version? They killed the team with their reflections. The team defeated them in the old version.
I found the picture 8 in the old version. But some how I missed it in the new version. Your spoiler said Waterfall cave, letter. Which chapter is it?
Is the last Ruby Skull inside Monastery in chapter 5. Your spoiler said "Monastery near the stairs on the right"

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to defeat the mirrors inside the Monastery in the new version? They killed the team with their reflections. The team defeated them in the old version.
I found the picture 8 in the old version. But some how I missed it in the new version. Your spoiler said Waterfall cave, letter. Which chapter is it?
Is the last Ruby Skull inside Monastery in chapter 5. Your spoiler said "Monastery near the stairs on the right"
You can only kill the mirrors using non elemental attacks, so Victoria's Flying kick and Fist of Fury skill will damage them; or Risa's Telekinesis, Rauf's Barrage and Rocket Ammo. Don't use any of Karys' magic. Make sure your equipped weapon doesn't do elemental attacks so most of your Weaponskills will do the most damage.

Picture 8 is in the cave with the sleeping scientist (Merrin Forest/Chapter 2).

Last Ruby skull is in the wall opposite the right stairs as you enter the monastery for the first time.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can only kill the mirrors using non elemental attacks, so Victoria's Flying kick and Fist of Fury skill will damage them; or Risa's Telekinesis, Rauf's Barrage and Rocket Ammo. Don't use any of Karys' magic. Make sure your equipped weapon doesn't do elemental attacks so most of your Weaponskills will do the most damage.

Picture 8 is in the cave with the sleeping scientist (Merrin Forest/Chapter 2).

Last Ruby skull is in the wall opposite the right stairs as you enter the monastery for the first time.

Hope that helps.
Those skills you listed are still reflected on the team. However I did equipped them with elemental weapons. Is the symbol for non-elemental is the sword symbol?
The new TP mode is only applied for Risa. Is it supposed to be like that?
I guess I have to start the game over to find picture 8
I am unable to defeat the matrix guy. It is too hard for me. what is the reward for defeating the guy?
I am running out of money to buy weapons and armors even though I completed all the sidequests and sold items
Thank you for your help.

Nakoruru

Ainu Priestess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those skills you listed are still reflected on the team. However I did equipped them with elemental weapons. Is the symbol for non-elemental is the sword symbol?
The new TP mode is only applied for Risa. Is it supposed to be like that?
I guess I have to start the game over to find picture 8
I am unable to defeat the matrix guy. It is too hard for me. what is the reward for defeating the guy?
I am running out of money to buy weapons and armors even though I completed all the sidequests and sold items
Thank you for your help.
The sword symbol means the skill goes by what element the weapon is equipped on each character.
You need to go into the TP mode of each character separately to set it. Skill>select character>TP mode.
You get the most powerful transducer when you beat Matrix. You don't need to beat him to finish the game.

t28nguye

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The sword symbol means the skill goes by what element the weapon is equipped on each character.
You need to go into the TP mode of each character separately to set it. Skill>select character>TP mode.
You get the most powerful transducer when you beat Matrix. You don't need to beat him to finish the game.
what is non-elemental skills or non-elemental weapons?
I did went into the TP mode of each character. They only have 4 TP modes except Risa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)
Things I thought would never happen but just did: I needed to use my snow shovel. In August. In the Northern Hemisphere.
So I finished Cupcake, now I need to figure out my next project!
Do I pick up one of my incomplete games?
Do I start something entirely new???
The possibilities are endless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
secasus