JP Levels

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
FoxJPLevels.js (v1.0.4)

About:
This Plugin adds levels to the Yanfly's JobPoint System, like Final Fantasy Tactics had.

• It allows for restrictions on what skills your allowed to buy with the SkillLearnSystem based on the current classes' Job Level.
  • It allows for restrictions on what class your allowed to equip with the ClassChangeCore based on the current classes' Job Level.
The Job automatically gains levels just by gaining JobPoints. You can adjust how many levels, there are by changing the Plugin Parameters. I tried to replicate the system from fft as best as I can from memory, if you find any bugs or can think of a cool feature to add, let me know.

Note: You must set YEP_SkillLearnSystem Integrate variable to false, if you're using it.

ClassChangeCore NoteTag Additions
  • Class NoteTags
<Level Unlock Requirements> Class i: JobLevel n</Level Unlock Requirements>This requires that class i must be Job level n to unlock the class, the
the same way Final Fantasy Tactics required you to level up the job to
unlock classes.

SkillLearnSystem NoteTags Additions

• Skill NoteTags
<Learn Require Eval> value = a.jpLevel() >= n</Learn Require Eval><Learn Custom Text>Job Level: n</Learn Custom Text>This would make the skill require the actor to be Job Level n, before it will show.

Slash Commands
I also added the slash command 

\jp[actorId]You can use it to display the actor's JobPoint Level.

Requires:
YEP_JobPoints.js (v1.01 or greater)

Recommended (At Least One):
YEP_ClassChangeCore.js (v1.01 or greater)
Yep_SkillLearnSystem (v1.03 or greater)

Plugin:
Job Points Levels Download

ToS:
You can use this in your free or commercial games as long as you give credit to Fox536. Of course whatever Yanfly's ToS also applies since it requires at least the JobPoint System. Here's a link to Yanfly's ToS as well http://yanfly.moe/terms-of-use/

11/30/15 (v1.0.1)

• Removed the requirement for SkillLearnSystem, and ClassChangeCore System. If you don't have one or both of these the plugin will still work, but it won't really add much without at least 1 of them.
  • Fixed Overlap bug
12/01/15 (v1.0.2)

• Bug Fixes.
12/03/15 (v1.0.3)

• Bug Fixes, logic issue.
12/04/15 (v1.0.4)

• Bug Fixes, logic issues.

Fox_JPBoost isn't needed anymore since it is included the JobPoints

Last edited by a moderator:

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Lol, there was a post I read the other day about a lot of people disabling levels, it seems like it's getting to be a trend lol.

kranasAngel

Wanderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question: What are the terms of use for this script?

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When changing classes it takes the length of the job level you are instead of the one with the longest text:

Should make them all even so the text doesn't merge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Max level job:

When a different class:

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Question: What are the terms of use for this script?
I should really add those to the plugin help info, but just add me in the credits and your free to use it in commercial or free games.

When changing classes it takes the length of the job level you are instead of the one with the longest text:

Should make them all even so the text doesn't merge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Max level job:

When a different class:

Hmm, I didnt catch that, but I'll get it fixed. 

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Updated, to fix the issue with text clipping.

Thanks Silenity :)

Also removed the requirement for SkillLearnSystem, and ClassChangeCore System. If you don't have one or both of these the plugin will still work, but it won't really add much without at least 1 of them.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm. Just applied the new update. 

Levels dont seem to be appearing at all.

Tried your updated plugin with a clean project with only:

Yanfly Core Engine

Yanfly Class Change Core

Yanfly Skill Learn System

Yanfly Job Points

Fox JP Levels

Same thing above happened. No levels seem to appear.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Mines under his right?

If so I'll have to check the newest version of the maincore and class core and see if anything has changed

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mines under his right?

If so I'll have to check the newest version of the maincore and class core and see if anything has changed
Yup, I had yours last. The plugin order was what I posted above.

Didn't work in my main project or a new one.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ok Fixed it, slight typo, missed var at the start of a line sorry bout that. It should be good now, thanks for reporting the issues :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
The JP levels aren't showing up for some reason, and I have the plugins all in the correct places. I even tried it in a clean project with just Yanfly Core Engine, Yanfly Class Change Core, Yanfly Job Points, and Fox JP Levels, and it still didn't work. 

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
You know, the mediafire link still shows the 1.01 version, not the 1.02 version. Just so you know.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks Ilan, I'm beginning to really hate media fire.

Crimson Dragon Inc.

Crimson Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmm i have a question, could this plug in be used in conjunction with the subclass pluging to allow sub classes to gain job levels? which could also improve give permanate stat boosts as the job levels up?

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The JP levels aren't showing up for some reason, and I have the plugins all in the correct places. I even tried it in a clean project with just Yanfly Core Engine, Yanfly Class Change Core, Yanfly Job Points, and Fox JP Levels, and it still didn't work. 

Sorry there was a problem with the download version, I had it set to the old version, instead of the fixed version. that issue is fixed on download now.

hmm i have a question, could this plug in be used in conjunction with the subclass pluging to allow sub classes to gain job levels? which could also improve give permanate stat boosts as the job levels up?
It should be completely compatible, as far as I know. And with some work it definitely could do add something like that. However right now, it doesn't have any way to add permanent stat boosts by itself. You could make a common event that does something to that effect though.

You're welcome! :)
I'm really glad you caught that, I really need to remember to check the download link after posting a new version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phiny