Primarily Uses
Thought I updated all of his plugins...Lemme doublecheck

NakedGrif

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I updated the plugin and its still crashing at the same spot. 

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The Tag is 

<JP Rate: x%>And can be put on anything, and it can raise or lower instead of mine which just raised it.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello Fox,

I was curious on a possible feature for your JP Level's script.  (I love it by the way. Makes it real easy to do Bravely Default passive system )

I was curious if it you know how or want to add the functionality of the base learning.

What I mean is the note section in the class learning tab. I don't know how to access it but it would be cool if instead of it looking at the actor level

it would look at the job level. So you wouldn't learn Double Strike until the Job Level is 2 rather than the Actor Level is 2.

Just a thought.

http://i.imgur.com/6I6OhhR.png

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You mean like automatically learn a skill as soon as you hit job level 2?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding I've never played bravely default.

Reaction score
First Language
English

Thanks for the reply. Yeah exactly. Basically it worked like normal leveling in RPG Maker MV, but instead of looking at the actor's level it would look at the Job's. (/class)

I will also look into where that notetag get's called in scripts. Let me know if you find anything either. :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Awesome, thanks for being so kind! I hope your holidays are going swell~

NakedGrif

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heres a copy paste of it

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

rpg_managers.js:1618 ReferenceError: MVC is not defined

at file:///C:/Users/Grif/Documents/Games/Playing%20around/js/plugins/Fox_JPBoost.js:34:19

at Array.forEach (native)

at Game_Actor.gainJp (file:///C:/Users/Grif/Documents/Games/Playing%20around/js/plugins/Fox_JPBoost.js:33:10)

at Game_Action.applyItemJpEffect (file:///C:/Users/Grif/Documents/Games/Playing%20around/js/plugins/YEP_JobPoints.js:503:34)

at Game_Action.applyItemUserEffect (file:///C:/Users/Grif/Documents/Games/Playing%20around/js/plugins/YEP_JobPoints.js:497:10)

at Game_Action.apply (file:///C:/Users/Grif/Documents/Games/Playing%20around/js/rpg_objects.js:1662:14)

at Game_Action.apply (file:///C:/Users/Grif/Documents/Games/Playing%20around/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:2752:34)

at Game_Action.apply (file:///C:/Users/Grif/Documents/Games/Playing%20around/js/plugins/YEP_SkillCore.js:952:36)

at Game_Action.apply (file:///C:/Users/Grif/Documents/Games/Playing%20around/js/plugins/YEP_BattleAICore.js:674:37)

at Function.BattleManager.invokeNormalAction (file:///C:/Users/Grif/Documents/Games/Playing%20around/js/rpg_managers.js:2181:18)

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any way you could add a skill note tag that check's for actor's job level in a specific class?

Nevermind, I'm dumb. Didn't realize the learn skill menu only accounted for JP per class x]

Last edited by a moderator:

Audeame

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
This Plugin is great! It's exactly what I was looking for.

I'm currently using v1.0.4, but I'm still getting the overlapping of "Max" and "LV" in the class change window that might have been fixed in an earlier version, judging by the posts in this thread.

http://imgur.com/FuGLfHw

http://imgur.com/3dDksm5

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Would it be possible to add notetags that would allow you to define the JP level requirements per class? I want my advanced classes to take longer to level up, and it seems a little mean to use the Rate tag so the player sees they're gaining fewer JP.

Reaction score
First Language
English

Hi Fox, I was just wondering how the update is going?

I had no luck myself.

whoami

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I threw together a couple of quick and dirty snippets to allow you to learn skills automatically when your job level increases (like Final Fantasy V). Freely available, no license restrictions. But I make no promises about support/usability/performance.

Requires YEP_JobPoints and FoxJPLevels.

Put this snippet ABOVE all other plugins. It overwrites the default behaviour, so you will no longer learn skills by gaining regular levels.
https://pasta.thinknathan.ca/plkrgt5qn

Put this snippet BELOW all other plugins.
https://pasta.thinknathan.ca/pfy04v9f7

The learned skills will not show up in Yanfly's Victory Aftermath. If you want that to work, you need to edit Yanfly's code so that JP is awarded in BattleManager.gainRewards instead of BattleManager.makeRewards.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While this plugin has been great so far, there seems to be a bug when it determines if a class should be unlocked based on joblevel.

If I have the following notetag on the affected class

<Level Unlock Requirements>
Class 2: JobLevel 3
Class 10: JobLevel 3
</Level Unlock Requirements>

It will unlock after only meeting the first requirement. If I reverse the order in the note tag;

<Level Unlock Requirements>
Class 10: JobLevel 3
Class 2: JobLevel 3
</Level Unlock Requirements>

it still unlocks when class 2 is joblevel 3, regardless of the class level of job 10. This is testing with a new game as well, not loading a savegame.

I have made a new project with only Yanfly's core engine, classchange core, jobpoints, and this plugin and it still happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

LolSheeps

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I don't quite understand this. That note tag for skills makes no sense... I put the Job Level n to 3, let's say, and that skill STILL shows up in the Learn Skill menu when going to buy skills with JP...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I have a lighter work schedule next week. Is that a sign to move on to MZ?
I got a new rpg idea yesterday, titled "The Hero We Summoned to Save Us is a War Criminal from our Past?!"
Work on Yanfly's MZ plug-ins is coming along nicely. Looking forward to getting them: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Core_Engine_VisuStella_MZ
so uh variables can only be used for num lol? I guess I gotta fix that once MZ come out lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BM_ANDERSON