JP Levels

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Fox536, Nov 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ATT_Turan

ATT_Turan Villager Member

First Language:
    English

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if the help file is poorly written. Neither of the skill note tags will prevent the skill from showing up in the list. What the first tag, the Learn Require Eval, will do is not allow you to actually buy the skill unless your job level is high enough.

2. bobyama

bobyama Warper Member

First Language:
    japanese
    Hello Fox365

Thank you for your great Plug-in!

I want to know below issue

I will make the FFT JOB CHANGE SYSTEM like RPG

I am able to do some jobs joblevel glow up when unlock new job.

Ex

Now

Fighter JLv 1 > 5            >>>>> New class Night Unlook!!

Feature

Fighter JLv1 >5 and Monk JLv 1>5   >>>>>>>>>> New Class Night Unlook!!

Thanks!!

3. Emperor DragonBreath

Emperor DragonBreath Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    There's this glitch in my game that whenever you're prepare to change jobs, or classes, you might get duplicates of the weapon or armor your character is equipped with for no reason. How do I fix that glitch?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2016
  4. Edelkane

Edelkane Warper Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Hello! I have a questin, i am using this plugin but i have a problem. I have a class, let's say "Warrior", and some skills that can be learned if warrior is Job leve 2 or 3 and so on.... Also i have a class, "White mage", and some skills avaible at "White mage job level 3", the problem is, no matter what Job is levelled up, still i can learn all the skills. Example skill: Power break avaible at Warrior JP LV 3, "Grand Cure" Avaible at "White Mage JP LV 3", well the skill "Grand cure" is avaible even if warrior JP LV is 3 and White mage JP LV is 1. Am i missing something?

5. silvestro673

silvestro673 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I was just mulling over how to apply job points. The concept is simple (skill learn core), its a currency variation for just purchasing skills.

Then I starting wondering, would it make more logical sense for a skill to be learned as its predecessor skill was used? You know..practice makes perfect.

example: Everytime fire1 is used, fire2 gains a few points until mastered. Once mastered, it too can be used, gaining a few points for fire3.

exmple2: You can use fire 1, gives it a few points towards its own mastery, then spawns fire2.

does such a plugin exist somewhere?

6. ArcaneEli

ArcaneEli Mage of Thunder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Late to post, but I can't figure another workaround so the issue I have is that if my Warrior Class is lv3 and Healer is lv1
    through your JP Levels I can learn lv3 healer stuff as well as warrior.

I'm wondering if there is some code that I could write that specifies that a Specific class has to be level X before it can level up skills,

cause right now it's just whatever class level you are currently on decides it.

7. paolo97

paolo97 Villager Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Hi guys, i want to show jp points on display but i don't know how i can do it... explain, i use a skill tree made by me and i want show how much jp the actor have in that moment... Sorry for my bad english ^^ and thank you for your help

8. scottso06

scottso06 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Anyone have success having more than 1 class level requirement for a class? I included something like this in my game:
    <Level Unlock Requirements>
    Class 1: JobLevel 2
    Class 7: JobLevel 2
    </Level Unlock Requirements>

However, the new class unlocks as soon as class 1 reaches level 2, disregarding class 7.

9. jenkinsj113

jenkinsj113 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    Other

I actually cannot get any note tags to work. Not even locking it for a single level. If you find out more, or have already solved this, please let me know! Im trying to block a warrior class until my soldier class is lvl 7, but it will not work at all.

10. Wren

Wren Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Don't you need to add an & in there so it has to check both, because this looks like either get class 1 to 2, or get class 7 to 2, either or.

11. ramza

ramza Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I noticed this problem a long time ago, and it ended up being a non-issue, as I overhauled the entire job system in my project around the issue. In the YEP_ClassChangeCore plugin which uses a similar note tag, multiple requirements are put inside the tags, and they are considered AND operations. This plugin doesn't seem to do that for Job levels. I took a look at it back then, but couldn't find what the difference between the two functions being used was.

12. Stormbeard

Stormbeard Berserker Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    FYI a friend asked me to look at this, if anyone is still interested in making this:

work you just need to open the plugin and make the following change, find this block of code:

and replace it with this block of code:

Hope that helps!

zarasrage and KingKraken like this.
  13. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Is someone able to help me? I have a hard time understanding how to set up the notes so skills are learned as classes level up. (Like in FFV or Bravely Defualt)
    According to the help file, it tells me to use this in the skill note box:

<Learn Custom Text>
    Job Level: n
    </Learn Custom Text>

So as a test I set N to 2 for the skill I set to level 2. What do I do after this? I set the skill on the class page to actor level 1 thinking the skill will be revealed once the class level reaches 2, but it shows up on the skill page on class level 1 regardless. I deleted the skill on the class page and it won't show up once the class level reaches 2.
    NM
    Apparently all of this goes through the learn skill page, which I didn't acknowledge earlier. But that doesn't solve the problem either. I can still learn any skill at any job level.
    NM Again.

I just found out that the Job level tag is nothing more than a tag, and it has to complement the JP# tag to have full effect. I get how this works now, but it could have been explained better.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  14. Lightmaker2016

Lightmaker2016 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    From what I'm getting from your plugin and Yanfly's is that it won't exactly do what I want it to do, that is:

I want each class to have a separate job level with a separate max level and exp required based on what rank/tier job it is.

Also, if I'm reading these plugins right, JP will be treated as exp but if so, I don't get any JP to spend, unless I re-spend it after I earned it?

What I want to happen is each class has a required Exp each level, but you gain 1 JP to spend, not as exp and reusing it as currency for skills per level gained per class, and different classes have different exp amounts required to max, and also different amounts of JP acquired to use up.

I'm going for a more Ragnarok Online job system, such as Novice->Tier 1 jobs->Tier 2 jobs. So The base class every character has is a tiny job level max and tiny JP pool, and low exp curve. where tier 1 and tier 2 jobs have bigger max levels and more JP to use respectively.

15. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
  16. Nemojbatkastle

Nemojbatkastle Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Longshot, since the thread's been quiet for a few years and Whomi said they're not supporting this snippet, but I have questions.

I've noticed this snippet works exactly as intended, the one issue I have is that the 'skill learned' message displays when the character levels up, not when the job level as added by the plugin does. This is to be expected, but has anyone discovered a way to change this. Hope that makes sense :p

I am also curious about ways to display the job levels and what skills are learned at each, if possible.

Thanks in advance!