JP Levels

ATT_Turan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't quite understand this. That note tag for skills makes no sense... I put the Job Level n to 3, let's say, and that skill STILL shows up in the Learn Skill menu when going to buy skills with JP...

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if the help file is poorly written. Neither of the skill note tags will prevent the skill from showing up in the list. What the first tag, the Learn Require Eval, will do is not allow you to actually buy the skill unless your job level is high enough.

bobyama

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
japanese
Primarily Uses
Hello Fox365

Thank you for your great Plug-in!

I want to know below issue

I will make the FFT JOB CHANGE SYSTEM like RPG

I am able to do some jobs joblevel glow up when unlock new job.

Ex

Now

Fighter JLv 1 > 5            >>>>> New class Night Unlook!!

Feature

Fighter JLv1 >5 and Monk JLv 1>5   >>>>>>>>>> New Class Night Unlook!!

Thanks!!

Reaction score
First Language
English
FoxJPLevels.js (v1.0.4)

About:
This Plugin adds levels to the Yanfly's JobPoint System, like Final Fantasy Tactics had.

• It allows for restrictions on what skills your allowed to buy with the SkillLearnSystem based on the current classes' Job Level.
  • It allows for restrictions on what class your allowed to equip with the ClassChangeCore based on the current classes' Job Level.

The Job automatically gains levels just by gaining JobPoints. You can adjust how many levels, there are by changing the Plugin Parameters. I tried to replicate the system from fft as best as I can from memory, if you find any bugs or can think of a cool feature to add, let me know.

Note: You must set YEP_SkillLearnSystem Integrate variable to false, if you're using it.

Hidden Content

Fox_JPBoost isn't needed anymore since it is included the JobPoints
There's this glitch in my game that whenever you're prepare to change jobs, or classes, you might get duplicates of the weapon or armor your character is equipped with for no reason. How do I fix that glitch?

Last edited by a moderator:

Edelkane

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hello! I have a questin, i am using this plugin but i have a problem. I have a class, let's say "Warrior", and some skills that can be learned if warrior is Job leve 2 or 3 and so on.... Also i have a class, "White mage", and some skills avaible at "White mage job level 3", the problem is, no matter what Job is levelled up, still i can learn all the skills. Example skill: Power break avaible at Warrior JP LV 3, "Grand Cure" Avaible at "White Mage JP LV 3", well the skill "Grand cure" is avaible even if warrior JP LV is 3 and White mage JP LV is 1. Am i missing something?

silvestro673

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I was just mulling over how to apply job points. The concept is simple (skill learn core), its a currency variation for just purchasing skills.

Then I starting wondering, would it make more logical sense for a skill to be learned as its predecessor skill was used? You know..practice makes perfect.

example: Everytime fire1 is used, fire2 gains a few points until mastered. Once mastered, it too can be used, gaining a few points for fire3.

exmple2: You can use fire 1, gives it a few points towards its own mastery, then spawns fire2.

does such a plugin exist somewhere?

ArcaneEli

Mage of Thunder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Late to post, but I can't figure another workaround so the issue I have is that if my Warrior Class is lv3 and Healer is lv1
through your JP Levels I can learn lv3 healer stuff as well as warrior.

I'm wondering if there is some code that I could write that specifies that a Specific class has to be level X before it can level up skills,

cause right now it's just whatever class level you are currently on decides it.

paolo97

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, i want to show jp points on display but i don't know how i can do it... explain, i use a skill tree made by me and i want show how much jp the actor have in that moment... Sorry for my bad english ^^ and thank you for your help

scottso06

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone have success having more than 1 class level requirement for a class? I included something like this in my game:
<Level Unlock Requirements>
Class 1: JobLevel 2
Class 7: JobLevel 2
</Level Unlock Requirements>

However, the new class unlocks as soon as class 1 reaches level 2, disregarding class 7.

jenkinsj113

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Anyone have success having more than 1 class level requirement for a class? I included something like this in my game:

However, the new class unlocks as soon as class 1 reaches level 2, disregarding class 7.

I actually cannot get any note tags to work. Not even locking it for a single level. If you find out more, or have already solved this, please let me know! Im trying to block a warrior class until my soldier class is lvl 7, but it will not work at all.

Wren

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Don't you need to add an & in there so it has to check both, because this looks like either get class 1 to 2, or get class 7 to 2, either or.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't you need to add an & in there so it has to check both, because this looks like either get class 1 to 2, or get class 7 to 2, either or.
I noticed this problem a long time ago, and it ended up being a non-issue, as I overhauled the entire job system in my project around the issue. In the YEP_ClassChangeCore plugin which uses a similar note tag, multiple requirements are put inside the tags, and they are considered AND operations. This plugin doesn't seem to do that for Job levels. I took a look at it back then, but couldn't find what the difference between the two functions being used was.

Stormbeard

Berserker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FYI a friend asked me to look at this, if anyone is still interested in making this:

work you just need to open the plugin and make the following change, find this block of code:

Game_Actor.prototype.checkJobLevelUnlockedClass = function(item) {
for (var classId in item.levelUnlockRequirements2) {
var level = item.levelUnlockRequirements2[classId];
if (this.jpLevel(classId) >= level) {
//console.log("item.id: " + item.id, "level: " + level, "returning true;")
return true;
} else {
//console.log("item.id: " + item.id, "level: " + level, "returning false;")
return false;
}
}
return true;
}
and replace it with this block of code:

Game_Actor.prototype.checkJobLevelUnlockedClass = function(item) {
for (var classId in item.levelUnlockRequirements2) {
var level = item.levelUnlockRequirements2[classId];
if (this.jpLevel(classId) < level) {
return false;
}
}
return true;
}

Hope that helps!

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Is someone able to help me? I have a hard time understanding how to set up the notes so skills are learned as classes level up. (Like in FFV or Bravely Defualt)
According to the help file, it tells me to use this in the skill note box:

<Learn Custom Text>
Job Level: n
</Learn Custom Text>

So as a test I set N to 2 for the skill I set to level 2. What do I do after this? I set the skill on the class page to actor level 1 thinking the skill will be revealed once the class level reaches 2, but it shows up on the skill page on class level 1 regardless. I deleted the skill on the class page and it won't show up once the class level reaches 2.
NM
Apparently all of this goes through the learn skill page, which I didn't acknowledge earlier. But that doesn't solve the problem either. I can still learn any skill at any job level.
NM Again.

I just found out that the Job level tag is nothing more than a tag, and it has to complement the JP# tag to have full effect. I get how this works now, but it could have been explained better.

Last edited:

Lightmaker2016

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
From what I'm getting from your plugin and Yanfly's is that it won't exactly do what I want it to do, that is:

I want each class to have a separate job level with a separate max level and exp required based on what rank/tier job it is.

Also, if I'm reading these plugins right, JP will be treated as exp but if so, I don't get any JP to spend, unless I re-spend it after I earned it?

What I want to happen is each class has a required Exp each level, but you gain 1 JP to spend, not as exp and reusing it as currency for skills per level gained per class, and different classes have different exp amounts required to max, and also different amounts of JP acquired to use up.

I'm going for a more Ragnarok Online job system, such as Novice->Tier 1 jobs->Tier 2 jobs. So The base class every character has is a tiny job level max and tiny JP pool, and low exp curve. where tier 1 and tier 2 jobs have bigger max levels and more JP to use respectively.

Nemojbatkastle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I threw together a couple of quick and dirty snippets to allow you to learn skills automatically when your job level increases (like Final Fantasy V). Freely available, no license restrictions. But I make no promises about support/usability/performance.

Requires YEP_JobPoints and FoxJPLevels.

Put this snippet ABOVE all other plugins. It overwrites the default behaviour, so you will no longer learn skills by gaining regular levels.
https://pasta.thinknathan.ca/plkrgt5qn

Put this snippet BELOW all other plugins.
https://pasta.thinknathan.ca/pfy04v9f7

The learned skills will not show up in Yanfly's Victory Aftermath. If you want that to work, you need to edit Yanfly's code so that JP is awarded in BattleManager.gainRewards instead of BattleManager.makeRewards.
Longshot, since the thread's been quiet for a few years and Whomi said they're not supporting this snippet, but I have questions.

I've noticed this snippet works exactly as intended, the one issue I have is that the 'skill learned' message displays when the character levels up, not when the job level as added by the plugin does. This is to be expected, but has anyone discovered a way to change this. Hope that makes sense :p

I am also curious about ways to display the job levels and what skills are learned at each, if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Rpgmaker devs announcing a new version then looking to see what the fans hope/speculate: shorturl.at/hlFGZ
Soon back to "engine study" I guess. Depending on the future plugin need.
New engine announced. Meanwhile I'm still here finishing a project in ACE.
I'm happy to learn a new system. Even if it doesn't meet my needs, it's something to help support the developer and see more people enter into game making industry.
I think I'll stick with MV for now - my next big entertainment purchase is already made: Rust on PS4 babbbyyyy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KRash92