JS help for Summoning Plug-ins

BlueBomber000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Overview: I have a character who I want to able to summon drones in battle (he's the only character able to do so). I want the player to be able to control the party AND the summoned drone, ideally for a limited number of turns (or until the battle ends or the character who summoned it dies).

SRDude's SummonCore plug-in does exactly what I need it to do... except it doesn't. Like, I can summon the actor to battle, but the sprite does not move, and is not selectable by the player for the action (it doesn't even appear in the HUD). If it's conflicting with another plug-in, I have no idea which one; I've been troubleshooting by turning off other battle plug-ins, and it's the same. See the plug-in list in the photos.

So, I found LadyBaskerville's Summon Plugin, which almost does what I need, except it removes the whole party whenever a drone actor is summoned. So I removed the line of code that removes the party while the summon is active (her terms of use allow it; I wouldn't fool with it otherwise)...

JavaScript:
        this.LB_removeActors(this._LB_partyMembers);
... and it's good except for the fact that it requires a battle party slot to do. Meaning that, if four actors are already in the battle party, the drone can't be summoned.

So basically I'm needing help on one of two things: either (A) a way to get SRDude's plugin good to go, or (2) a way to get LadyBaskerville's plugin to summon the drone actor even if all battle party slots are full.

I feel like I'm so close... this is the last technical thing I can do before I can go back to focusing the art and actually making the dang game ;_;

EDIT: Something just occurred to me on the latter option. I do also have Yanfly's Party System in play, here. I wonder how hard it would be to create a temporary slot for the battle party, put the summoned actor in it, then remove it when the summon goes away. I'm not a dev, though, so.........

Attachments

Last edited:

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there's another plugin that does summoning stuff to varying degrees. it essentially adds another actor based on plugin commands. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/summon-actors-plugin.71191/ hopefully this is helpful... unfortunately MV has a thing summoning plugins. SRDude's isn't too compatible with what most people use. and most people seem to not like having their entire party removed.

BlueBomber000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, @zerobeat032! I'll check this out. I'm at the point of having to look at workarounds, so I'll definitely give this a look.

Kneeshaw

Kneeshaw Developments
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had a hard time with this too. I use common events and summoning has a bunch of lag. @BlueBomber000 are you ever going to summon more than 1 summon? so your max party would move to 5 then back to 4 afterwards?

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya bud I took a little look into your issue here. It seems like the srd plugin should do what you want. I found other people that seemed to have the same issue as you and it was fixed by putting the srd plugin at the bottom of the load order, or at least under all the yanfly plugins. If you haven't yet maybe try out switching that.

Hope it works for ya. :smile:

BlueBomber000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had a hard time with this too. I use common events and summoning has a bunch of lag. @BlueBomber000 are you ever going to summon more than 1 summon? so your max party would move to 5 then back to 4 afterwards?
To the first question, no. This character will be the only character able to summon, and he will only be able to summon one drone at a time. To the second question, yes, ideally that is what would happen.

Heya bud I took a little look into your issue here. It seems like the srd plugin should do what you want. I found other people that seemed to have the same issue as you and it was fixed by putting the srd plugin at the bottom of the load order, or at least under all the yanfly plugins. If you haven't yet maybe try out switching that.

Hope it works for ya. :smile:
It works great now, @Jeremiah Eastman! Thanks a bunch! It's so weird to me how something as simple as the order of the plugins can make or break the game. It's the little things, I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaporware_Studios