Json file opening problem

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Cqualt, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Cqualt

Cqualt Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey guys! Noob here, so I'm in a bit of trouble I was opening some JSON files (hero face images) but accidently opened the program in Notepad (Windows 10) I've been trying to spend the last 2 hours figuring out how to convert back or otherwise what program Windows 10 uses to open the JSON files into images so I can set it back to normal for RMMV, would really appreciate the help thank you . Also on lunatic server discord

2. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The JSON files aren't the actual images; they're just a list of what images exist. You want to back out the data folder, and go to img/faces.

Cqualt likes this.
  3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Cqualt
    JSON files are data files that you should never need to open. If you do (strongly recommend against unless you know what you're doing), then Notepad would be the correct program because they contain the data as text formats.

As said above they don't contain any image, only texts of the settings you made in the editor. So simply ignore their current open-setting (the original was no setting at all because no program should be used to open them, they're handled internally).

So you have no problem at all, you just got confused by the wrong assumption you would need to open those files.

EDIT:
    In case of the character generator, that save is of the settings you made in the generator.
    to save the pictures themselves you need the other buttons of the character generator...

Cqualt likes this.
  4. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cqualt likes this.
  5. Cqualt

Cqualt Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English