Jukedecks (free AI composed music for a unique soundtrack on your game)

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Tea's Jams, May 18, 2017.

1. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just found this gem. An AI bot composes unique music based on a few parameters that you choose. It's free for individuals and small businesses (10 or less employees) provided you give proper credit.

https://www.jukedeck.com

2. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's a pity you didn't post a referral link, I would definitely sign under you :)

Tea's Jams likes this.
  3. taarna23

taarna23 Marshmallow Princess Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    I tried to give a referral link to a friend... it looks like those are broken.

4. Annastasija

Annastasija Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    www.Ampermusic.com It's free.. just have to convert the mp3/wave files. You can make some pretty neat stuff with this site.

Vincent Chu, Stanley and l8rose like this.
  5. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Hm. (raises eyebrow)

I wish it had some more room for customization.... it's just "pick a style and settle with our best guess"
    but, since it's still in development, I guess it can save you if you're really in a hurry.

still a couple of centuries away from "Computer, change the clarinet to an oboe...".

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  6. Annastasija

Annastasija Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Haha yeah... the advanced options lets you pick instruments and such... but it makes half way decent stuff at least.... best I am going to get anyway.

7. Poryg

Poryg Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not necessarily. There are plenty of people giving avay their created music for free in this forum, some of them are of very high quality. And not only in this forum. I'm very lazy, so I searched only for music around rpg maker, but I'm sure out there there are way more people with good music, one just needs to search.

8. Tea's Jams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's very true. I would actually very much prefer something made by a human 99% of the time. This fills a need if you need something unique to your game, but can't afford a commission. Free music is free to all, so it's not unique to your game.

9. taarna23

First Language:
    English
    Well, I gave Amper a try and it seems like it could be good... one day. The way it generates pretty much forces you to use their Pro editor, which is really not all that hard to use once you get used to it. Overall, it has fantastic options, but when it comes to joining two (or more) generated segments together, it just falls flat on its face.You can hear the music changing when it reaches the transition point, but when it reaches the new generated piece, it can be like changing a channel, even if you have it set up with the same style and instruments.

10. Tea's Jams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @taarna23 You might be able to use Audacity to splice two pieces together. That's free too, and easy to use.

11. taarna23

First Language:
    English
    Yeah, but me doing that, the result would be the same. A sudden transition. The point of having the generation software do it is the ability to process the pieces and in an ideal world, seamlessly join them. Either way, I think both services listed in this discussion have great potential, and some traveling to do.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  12. Tea's Jams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @taarna23 Yikes! I just read the AMPERMUSIC terms of use and it really looks like it's non-commercial use only. Be careful with that one. You also have to agree to allow the website to harvest data from your pc. That is if I'm reading it correctly.

I wouldn't touch it with a 20ft pole personally.

CallMeKerrigan likes this.
  13. Oliin

Oliin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As someone without much of a clue as to how to put together music, I'll say that I kind of like Jukedeck over Ampermusic. Sure Amper gives you a heck of a lot more control over things, but its basic tracks sound very repetitive and boring to me without a lot of tweaking and since I don't really know music that's somewhat akin to me flailing blindly at the controls. Jukedeck's music (so far) seems to actually come out sounding pretty good out of the gate. Though a few more options wouldn't hurt.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  14. taarna23

First Language:
    English
    @just1witness Yes, in layman's terms, that's a cookie, or a tracking cookie. That's what they're for. That's why ad services know what you browse and show you stuff relevant to that, or how Facebook tailors what they show you based on what they think you'll like. The information that browsers can access about a system is relatively limited - hardware basics, what browser that your browser claims that it is (this is really easy to change what is sent), what size your screen is. If I had to guess, any data they're collecting is likely going toward marketing (where are people coming here from?) and improving their process. I've noted they also seem to internally catch errors and collect that info for the dev team, as well, which is not a bad thing, and is likely the primary reason hardware/browser info is collected - for debugging purposes.

However, you're 100% current about non-commercial use only. However, it is also in beta and this is something that will likely change in the future (for a fee, of course).

@Oliin I think Amper was designed with the idea of creating and linking together short segments of the generated music into a completed song, hence the repetition. However, the part of the process meant to help stitch two segments together still needs work. That said, I, too, prefer Jukedeck.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  15. umbralshadows

umbralshadows the silks angel Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This jukedeck thing makes pretty good tunes especially those drum n bass an aggressive synth pop tunes. I didn't really dig tha rock guitar sounds they had there thouh.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  16. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The orchestral action music really doesn't get me pumped but the D&B provides good battle music.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  17. l8rose

l8rose Neeeeerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just lost a good hour playing with jukedecks. Some of the stuff it creates is pretty fantastic.

Tea's Jams likes this.
  18. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The ambient tracks don't sound dungeon-y enough, so I'm curious about some recommended settings.