bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello all! It's (almost) January July 2020! Time to get busy and make those games! Resolve to finish your games today! Or sometime this year!

Post your January June goals and progress below.

Last edited:

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy New Year! Here's to hoping that 2020 will be the year that we complete our games - or if not the year, at least the decade, haha.

I'm starting the year with a huge load of work, but I'm hoping that I'll have time and energy to work on my project. I'll probably set my bars fairly low, though, given the lack of progress for a while. Maybe compiling a tileset or two would be a good start, and then I could try putting those tilesets to use.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy new year everyone!

For the first month of 2020, I'm planning to finish a dungeon and a town and get started on the next dungeon. If I have time, I might even be able to squeeze a side quest in and finish that one too.

Gotta keep my momentum going. My goal is to release the game this year!

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to finish some of the essential graphics for my game, also develop a bit more the plot. Short term goals, but I'm definetly going to acomplish them! :kaopride:

Kirri

Imagining Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Happy New Year! :kaojoy:

My goal is to complete one chapter per month and complete my game by this year without interrupting with school stuffs.

Sounds unrealistic, but meh.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy New Year!
Game-wise, I want to finish/redo some cutscenes I'm not happy with, get started on making custom battlers, add more NPC's + interactions, and acquire some more test dummies. Maybe release a demo if all goes well????
I also want to start playing more of the games on the forums here and leaving reviews!

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm really, hoping to finish any and all field/map related sprites for one of my characters by the end of the month. I've got the major's ones done and just need to add supplementary ones for events.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updates to completed game + finishing the base code architecture of my next game. Simple when I put it like that, but it's actually more complex than it sounds lol.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the first major update to the presentation of my project for the new year I finally got my evac sequences updated with a moving implosion layer which is an improvement that I have been wanting to do for some time now, and with it I have also finalized the way in which I will introduce the desert world at Echo XXIV. Basically when you arrive the place is thick in a fog that seals everything away with the exception of the world's sacred integrity outpost, kinda like with the "cross into the darkness" sequence from Final Fantasy III to name an example. Upon arrival and saving/healing you then have to complete the objective in that outpost to unseal the world and restart its clock, which by extension (if it's not already obvious) means that once unsealed it's safe to say that nobody outside of your party is even going to notice that anything unusual has been going on.

EDIT: Fog now only applies when using UM7 for the 3D effect when in an overworld map. I'm waiting on a solution that works with the recently-started BabylonJS implementation project as it works much better for my requirements. Implosion visuals are not affected by this change, however.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
HAPPY NEW YEAR>

Will attempt to overcome my fears and... Post some of my work on Itch and... I dunno how much announcing our Itch work in here is permitted.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Marquise* I'm sorry to say but we are basically dealing with both a publisher and a developer at the same time just to even discuss matters around here so for respect of business ethics we unfortunately cannot have that kind of discussion. (Not to mention there were so many other issues anyway, such that even the closest possible alternative that we could realistically have is no longer in existence - not even in archival form.) Or in other words, I wouldn't risk it.

On a separate note I've decided that I'm going to go full trilogy with my concept, and since I use a number of references to the divine record I decided that however I close out my overall story arc will involve a major component of the most sacred intervention, in particular this piece of lore that I have referenced specifically for the point where it becomes clear that existential reclamation is the only solution to the crisis that started with the first game's plot:

The sign of a sword engulfed in flames, with its hilt upon the mouth of the redeemer. A being powerful enough to strike upon all known existence with iron force and trample upon the fury of divinity itself. It all makes sense now..... the arrival of the sacred messenger that we were informed of, whose thighbone is marked with the seal of the Great Guardian Lord Himself. He who arrives on call of the name that only He knows, and the color of His robe in a shade reminiscent of a hard-fought battle singed by the blood of the fallen.

EDIT: Updated at 5:21pm CST on 5 January 2020 with the entirety of the final text as I have decided on following a complete analysis of the related texts of the divine record (in this case from Revelation 19:11-16) and relegated to spoiler status to accommodate the significance.

Last edited:

SweetOryx

Queen of Traaaash
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy 2020!
Just started my first MV project 3 days ago!

Last edited:

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
5 minutes editing to show my avatar in my game for a very specific reason: just for fun!
show.png

Well, happy new year everybody!
I'm still working on the last left-out-of-procrastination tasks of my "Final Task List v3.5"... :p
I had to add a couple skills to the database and skills design can't be rushed so...
I'll be taking my time on this. Peace!

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy New Year! I mean I'm working on my non RM game which I can't mention in this forum, but I'm all outta ideas for a next RM project after Owlcraft. Will think of something soon I'm sure.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm hoping to finish organizing resources and mechanics testing this month for my game. The winter sale and a gift I received has increased the number of things that I need to organize, but I'm feeling close to the start of actually building my game.

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Not much going on, gonna work on movement and skill targeting for my battle system, since I am revamping it to take place on an open map rather than sideview with preset positions.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My goal for this month is simple;
I hope this will be the final updated build for Journey of The Scroll uploaded. Stuck error was discovered, easily avoidable (just don't go to the road leading out of Royal Town passed the graveyard), but sucks if you get it, so I'll be uploading a fix (along with a few spelling errors I missed corrected) and hopefully 2.2 will be the FINAL version of the game.

That's mostly it for RPG Maker updates.

Oh! I did start a new project (currently unnamed) where you play a cat looking for its human. More on that later, but it's a simple side project as I want to test the idea out. Maybe I'll just make a small prototype for the game for now and make a larger one later if I like the idea.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm on holiday so my game making goals is...whatever I wanna do. Which might be nothing. We'll see. But I need a break so this month it might be more playing RM games than making ones.

First up, Radiant Arc. It's a RM game on Steam if you haven't heard of it.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Major status update. I just realized that I have so much planned for my project that I may ultimately end up with a phased rollout, so at this point I am seriously considering switching my Steamworks profile to early access to accommodate this.

On a separate note, I have extended the content plan for the ending parts of the eventual third chapter to include one last surprise ahead of the final battle. Basically what will happen is that the divine associate whose intervention has been forced to assist in the capture of the "big bad" will suggest the use of a cryogenic service to allow for the protection of your party from potential retaliation while providing for the provision of the experience of your party following the expiration of a thousand years worth of negotiated armistice provisions, which is quickly upended by yet another rise of the "big bad".

It will also become known that during the lockdown of your party in cryogenic protection that a multitude of associates who previously gave themselves to the ongoing effort are among millions upon billions of people who have unwillingly been subjected to regeneration of their physical forms, and that there of them are on hand for the reawakening of your party when it matters the most. This will lead directly into the realization that saving the universe now involves reshaping it from the very core, and that only a select portion of the population will be allowed to follow into the next phase of existence. (For reference purposes, the point in the conflict where this will occur is based on part 20 of the great revelation, much as the situation just before this point is a riff on part 19.)

Tayruu

・ ゚*。・゚(幸)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I had been stuck with writer's block for ages on part of my RM2k project - I wanted to occupy the player for a bit when they arrived in one place, before plot stuff happened at night. I meandered around with other things, and even spent some time on my RMXP project and got progress on that... and then hit problems with that one with how I want to handle plot structure stuff.

... a friend then suggested I should really focus on and try to finish the RM2k project, and that there's no reason that I can't have it be nearly night to jump the player right into the plot stuff. As well as that some other minor ideas I had for creating invisible divergence were just adding more work for me.

Sometimes you get so caught up in doing certain things certain ways that you don't try. uh. not doing it that way. oops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well, It is 4:23 here! Time to sleep!
Good night y'all! <3 :rock-right:
Anybody else ready for MZ Ace?
For scrolling of large maps... Minimap, or very small zoom?
Sometimes you think you know people, then the next thing you know it's below freezing outside, and they're falling from the sky. And no two are exactly alike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ordnael