July Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bgillisp, Jul 1, 2018.

1. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    1.5 chapters out of 5 chapters done, and I'm already feeling exhausted. 3.5 more chapters to go.

On a side note, I feel like I'm cutting quite much contents since I'm trying to fit it within a game scope. The time I was writing this story, I wish I make a novel instead since I could express the character better than get restrained by the game limitation.

Now I wonder how people plan their story in game. Do they write everything in notes? Or just bare bones, and let it flow through developing? Or they also write a (light) novel and screw off the story scenario for games, then cut the content to fit within the game scope?

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Added a new map and made my game's first ever "boss" fight. Then as I was browsing my scripts list, I've realized I was making a picture based "guidebook" scene so I also continued working on it. The scene itself is working now, all I need to do now is to create the pictures themselves and define them in the script, which I cant do until later on, probably once I go past a certain part of the game so that I'll be sure that the guides are "final".

I'd probably be mixing some more tiles to make my current maps look a bit different as my next goal

Vox Novus and Marquise* like this.
  3. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Animating table cleaned check ... temperature good check... gained a wee more space at home checked...

Lets hope it,ll help posting visuals on progress soon.

(Woah...DC and MrC start to look way more lively ^^)

Addendum the day after;
    Fought one of my fear. Apparently it took me a full 10 month to log on one of my accounts. I might had lost 20 pounds now while getting trough 900+ messages and caught 4 bed bugs! :/

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Vox Novus likes this.
  4. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well, I'm alive. After a long absence due to commitments elsewhere, I have started working on my game again. I just released an update for it! While it was a goal for this month, I haven't stated it yet. So, here it is:

Release the final update for my current demo!

Then, my next goals:
    Finish the next two or three major quests and release a new version.

Marquise* and Vox Novus like this.
  5. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    Finished with the first boss fight, now Im working on the next scene and parts of the game

Marquise* likes this.
  6. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Arc 2 of my story done! 3 more to go. Didn't expect completing the second half part of this arc took days to complete "orz

Marquise* and Engr. Adiktuzmiko like this.
  7. zacheatscrackers

zacheatscrackers Machinehead Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Still working on my first town, started mapping the 2nd 1/4th of the outside. I'm VERY disappointed that I didn't get nearly as much done as I had planned, for various reasons, though that's life I suppose. Had to tweak a LOT of systems I was planning on using, and I got done various side-quests that are readily available at the start, along with various other things, so that's part of why I didn't get much done on the actual meat of the game. I had a LOT going on this month as well in my personal life, so that got in the way of my gammak big time, unfortunately. I really hope August is more productive for me, because by then I should have my job ready and I won't be distracted nearly as easily.

Marquise* likes this.
  8. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Probably the last update for the month:
    - Finished the Mazoku theme at long last. I just need a name for it and then I can export it.
    - My inventory screen is almost completed, at least with regards to what is going to be in the demo. Now I need to implement screens to read the different books, add the fruits and fishing equipment and that should be it for now.

9. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Apart the Pangofly I would say I got the best Month so far because of the net nervousness fought and surviving me and my felines the heatwaves and getting a bit done around and those 16 starships! :p

They are long to do but I'll look forward another round. :3 and I did chars on the side for when I wasn't on computer, Dunno if I will make more tomorrow but I think I might have a happy brave accomplished survivor moth.

*looks at sweat & bedbugs scars in forearms* Brrrrrrrr~!

And congrats to everyone here I learned the more or less the heatwave was GLOBAL... which might explains a lot and you have all my sympathies those of you also melting and trying to do something useful.

Vox Novus likes this.
  10. Ryisunique

Ryisunique Detective, AUEI Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I made two posts. One with goals and another mentioning that I forgot where my notebook went.

Worked on One Map Challenge but stopped after I ran into a problem with my mapping. (Not the entrance, but my stage. Figures.)
    Am in the middle of my summary. That's actually helped get me into the middle of the story, whereas before I only had a quarter thought of. Gameplay outline and scripting, no.
    Did redraw CD in a style that A) I like and B) doesn't look half-bad, considering it's only lines. However, I need to practice color and body and a lot of other stuff.

15% attempted. Month fail.

sleepy_sealion and Vox Novus like this.
  11. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @Ryisunique Awww it ain't a fail it is a 15% success!

12. XIIIthHarbinger

XIIIthHarbinger Part Time Super Villain Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, last update for July. So what did I get done?

I've gotten more work done on my placeholder assets refining them, though not as much as I wanted to. & many of them certainly aren't to their "final form" yet. So a great deal worth of work to still get done there.

I didn't get anything done this month as far as rebalancing my enemies to account for the changes I've made to player parameter growth curves. So a good deal of work to get done there. A great deal worth of work to get done there as well.

I completed the refinements to my local & world map mechanics, so they much more accurately represent player positioning. As well as integrating a quest marker mechanic so that I can place way points for the player. Though I need to have the corresponding quest's variable & switches set up, to complete the secondary mechanic. So, I'll need to add layers to that second event as I set up my various quests.

I completed setting up all of my randomized shop inventory mechanics, (blacksmith, alchemist, arcanist, general merchant), with the exception of my enchanter shops. Because I need to finish setting up my enchantment system & the various items used in it, before I can set up the inventory system for my vendors who sell the components of the system.

I knocked out a decent portion of my "Lore World Map", though I still have a few more areas to complete before the map of the world is completed.

Set up my appearance system for all of my characters, though I still have more variants of the various characters to create, so that the system is calling up actual image files, rather than just blank pages.

Finished up about half of the latest version of my character creation suite, made necessary by completely removing the class mechanic, as well as creating male & female versions of each character, & removing the archetype restrictions.

Simply put, I know I got a decent amount of work done this month, but it doesn't feel like it.

13. sleepy_sealion

sleepy_sealion Need to work harder! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh, I guess I should mention here too - that my July goals were met. The game is awaiting moderation before the game is officially out there, but if that doesn't go through - I know a few places I can try posting it instead.