Jumping with Gravity Please! (Plugin for Falling)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Moo :D, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Moo :D

Moo :D Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I might be missing it, but I haven't seen a plugin that makes jumping possible with gravity. What I mean is if I jump off of a building, i fall all the way to the ground. I've seen jump plugins that allow the movement of the player from one tile to x or y tiles away, but if that tile is labeled passable or unpassable I either end up "standing in mid air" or "stuck in mid air" Is there anyway to produce the height gravity effect in such a way, when I jump off of a building, I fall all the way to the ground? 

2. Milena

Milena The woman of many questions Veteran

First Language:
    Irish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  3. Moo :D

Moo :D Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you so much for replying so quickly Milena! I appreciate your help! This helps tremendously, but it has also taught me to be as specific as possible in a request. The plugin you recommended does everything I need except it denies some depth perspective. What I mean is towards-player, away-player depth. Similar to the side scroll depth in Scott Pilgrim vs The World Video Game (reference video is for movement comparison, im not looking to make an action game)

https://youtu.be/sgCnqZm92Rs?t=2m10s

Is there any way for me to accomplish gravity, while maintaining some ground tiles that can be free to move across vertically and horizontally?

Thank you to everyone who has taken a look at this and I am appreciate and thankful for the sheer volume of support of our wonderful community. Thank you all again. Thanks again Milena for helping me take a step in the right direction. I appreciate any extra help any of you can lend!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016