June Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bgillisp, Jun 1, 2019.

1. CuddleFox

CuddleFox Furry Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My goals for June are to complete the in-game integration of the scenes I wrote for the Kitty Pride script.
    I don't think I'd really have time for anything else.

Marquise* and atoms like this.
  2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    My little bro has finished testing the latest build of my game so Im working on some small things and bugs he had encountered, nothing game breaking just some text, passability and shop stuff..

I hope to be able to map out some new areas this weekend when I go home.

Marquise*, atoms and Hyouryuu-Na like this.
  3. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That reminds me, @Engr. Adiktuzmiko as I'd like to go into focus testing with all that I have to date. I do have one rewrite that I'd like to do first relative to my subject, because the crew member in question for the scene gets really p***ed off by the actions of the opposing force in the opening and I decided that a conventional confrontation won't do justice to my subject matter so I'm going to build out a major s*** storm of elemental fury as a warning to the enemy forces by week's end.

EDIT: Another plot update while I plan out the fury to come when the updated opening sequence is complete. Building on the other recent rewrites I have built out a scenario where at least two of the crew members experience some physical changes and other unanticipated effects, one of which is foretold by three overnight visions.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Marquise* and Engr. Adiktuzmiko like this.
  4. atoms

atoms Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Schlangan I know I'm a bit late, but that looks good, I like the pattern design you did!

Marquise* likes this.
  5. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    6.8 Update:

-Edited and made the missing resource I needed via GIMP and added it to the couple of towns that needed it. Now when the text says you are reading a sign on a door there's actually a sign there on the door.
    -Playtested through the optional dungeon and superboss. Decided to use the attack pattern that my final boss used to have before my tester got stuck on it, as it seemed to be a good superboss in the end but not a good final boss.
    -Made the edits to the strategy guide that were needed to reflect the updates in bosses and attack patterns.

6. Schlangan

Schlangan A madman with a computer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @atoms : Thanks :)

I somehow got too much energy, as I already finished mission II.12 by going at full power (~14h per day ?), and I started mission II.13 already. :dizzy:

Since I still have one vacation week left, I started to stream when I'm working on my game, so people can see. I'm not sure I can post links for this kind of self-advertisement here, so just look for schlangan on twitch. The stream is in french but I can also use english instead, just ask in the chat.

7. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Schlangan that would be difficult to impossible in logistics because of publisher prospects (and in fact we're already dealing with a publisher just by collaborating on the forums so that's already out the window by means of who's who). It's also why, even though I collaborated on a number of media-grade reports on community websites in past experience within the game industry, I'm hesitant to jump back in from that angle now that I've committed to actually making a game of my own. (The cautious approach to dealing with potential "conflict of interest" potential can be a real b**** sometimes, and even IGN asks you about this in their application form relative to approval for the provision of freelance contributions.)

EDIT: My next update is that I'm planning on a new approach to artistic presentation as I finally broke down and hooked a Wacom to my development rig. That and I rewrote the new material to be a bit more on the back-and-forth so that it would more closely match up with the finality expectation. In this case, that means requesting the requisite materials and measures for talking straight through until the body effects of physical finality are supposed to hit. That is to say, the request of a replacement communication implement for provision of final statements is fulfilled only for the conversation to keep on going for more than an hour past expectation. That in turn ultimately leads to the shock realization that (whoops!) something within the affected crew member literally refuses to die.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  8. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
  9. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My goal for the month is polishing up my Release Something Event game with the critique provided after @Ksi s playthrough.

10. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another plot update - I went ahead and added some more to the final mission where the merge machine is already threatening to activate and literally implode the cosmic divide. Obviously this also introduces the real final boss of the game, who doesn't mince his words in the least.

11. VitaliaDi

VitaliaDi Jedi Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update- Got some concept and world sketching going for my adventure game. It's slowly coming together.

upload_2019-6-11_0-17-57.png

Attached Files:

12. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    What, everyone too busy watching E3? Get to game making *cracks whip*

Mid-Week Update:
    Needed a break from the trailer, so I decided on the characters for my next project, classes, elements, starting skills and even made the first map. You can't do more than just walk in it though, no encounters yet.

Marquise* likes this.
  13. Marsigne

Marsigne Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm trying to be productive this week as I'm waiting for my results at ASVAB. Expect screenshots soon. ;)

Marquise* likes this.
  14. Rabosion

Rabosion Retro Pixlr Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Great goals everyone! Keep going!

As for me, I'm trying to get through exams this month. Hopefully they end soon, so I can refocus on new tiles for my thread.

Marsigne likes this.
  15. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update on goals and plans. When I start the new backer support mechanism (targeting Patreon this time) I will be changing the business model for my project due to the nature of what I intend to accomplish. This will be explained in detail when pricing updates are finalized but suffice to say that (barring any objections) the provision for outright purchasing will be exclusively reserved in principle for educational and professional "use case" scenarios. It will continue to be possible for anyone to pay the "flat rate" of course, but the pricing and structure changes will mean that it's going to be outside of a typical consumer access range and by extension I will not provide official support if a "flat rate" purchase is made at the consumer level. In other words, this is changing to a public access distribution model and customers will be charged in accordance with that.

EDIT: I'm all set and ready to announce in conjunction with this update in the game distribution model that macOS support is finally, officially available.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  16. Marsigne

Marsigne Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does playing chess counts as making progress? ;)

17. bgillisp

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Marsigne : Kinda? If you can relate it to a game you are making? :)

6.15 Update:
    -Redid the trailer. Still got to record it for youtube, but the needed files/images etc are ready to roll and passed an initial test when I ran them through on my computer. Just don't have enough time to record it before lunch so will need to do that either after lunch or another day, probably the 2nd though.

Marquise* and Marsigne like this.
  18. Marsigne

Marsigne Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's a subset of a subset, as it motivated me to keep going on the forum, and the latter is what's making me game-make. ;)

Marquise* likes this.
  19. M.I.A.

M.I.A. Goofball Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm still working on May's goal.. haha!! But hey.. progress is still progress! It's better than just stopping altogether.

I have just finished building my fence (FINALLY, a year and half later!) and only have two more big farm projects.. and back in school FT.. BUT the big big projects are done so now I can have more down time. Hopefully spend some of it on RMMV. I'm not so sure though.. cuz Mario Maker 2 comes out in less than two weeks!! :)

-MIA

Marquise* likes this.
  20. BreakerZero

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @M.I.A. I'm in the same position, and it's already set to unlock on cue. Probably gonna try a few pranks and see if a certain someone falls for it once I have some ideas with that.

As for my project, I'm thinking about changing my naming convention and spreading things out over three individual games.

M.I.A. and Marquise* like this.